Why does Grandmaster Yoda's Masterstroke not get countered?

2Next

Replies

• Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    A defender will not counterattack an attacker if:
    1. The defender dies.
    2. The defender doesn't have 100% counter chance and fails the roll.
    3. The defender is Dazed, Confused (2+), Stunned, Fractured, etc.
    4. The attacker is dead.
    5. The attacker misses (Dodged/Deflected) from innate ability, Blindness, or Foresight.
    6. The attacker cannot be countered due to innate ability (Force Crush, Deadly Double, etc.) or buff (Strategic Advantage, Stealth, etc.).

I believe this is a pretty comprehensive list. If I made a mistake or forgot something, let me know.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Yeah just happened to me
    Gifafi wrote: »
    leef wrote: »
    Legend91 wrote: »
    Another interesting fact:
    1) GMY that has stagger on him uses Masterstroke
    2) GAT counters and removes his TM
    3) GMY still takes his next action

That's WAI. GMY gains an immidiate bonus turn, not just 100% TM. The devs changed how that ability worked for it to happen how it happens now.

I assumed this is why no counter too (re OP). gmy hurries up and starts the next play, and it's too late for dooku to throw the challenge flag. I don't ever remember gmy getting countered off masterstroke (incl cls rebs etc, iirc), so seems to be wai? would be a pretty big nerf if gmy did MS then everyone just countered and gg yoda
    I may be confusing it with yoda having stealth/foresight, bc I kinda think I remember someone countering but just missing. bottom line: not sure lol

I fight yodas every day and masterstroke can indeed be countered, my nest does it all the time

Yeah it just happened to me, but did it hit for you? Actually, doesn’t really matter to the point. Ty
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    HK666 wrote: »
    Under Revan lead? Then he might have the Strategic Advantage that Revan brings, which makes him counter proof until he passes it to someone else

So I thought was the issue but it isn't. Masterstroke doesn't always get countered even if Yoda doesn't have Strategic Advantage.

Are you playing against another Revan team?

Does the other team have foresight?

Yes and no.

Again, I'm talking about counters, not hits.

And I've mentioned Yoda doesn't hand Strategic Advantage so the implication is that it's under a Revan lead.

If you dont hit the other team, i.e.- they have foresight, there will be no counter attack

That's not true. My character will counterhit but the counter will miss because of Foresight.

What Kyno is saying, is if the opponent has foresight, then your attack will miss and therefore can't be countered.

Ok. But I specificity stated that Masterstroke does not always get "countered", not that Yoda doesn't get hit with said counter.

You are still missing what is being said. If there is foresight on the character being attacked by Yoda they'll dodge Yoda’s attack so they won't counter.

Could do with a video next time you see this. Sounds like Yoda is just being evaded.

How can he evade when my character doesn't counter, and therefore does not attack, Yoda?

Deep breath. I don't know why you are struggling with what me and Kyno said.

If Yoda attacks a character that has foresight (no foresight on Yoda, forget about that), that character will not take damage from Yoda’s attack, and therefore won't counter attack.

No, that's not how the game works.

Thrawn will counter if he's supposed to, regardless if Yoda has foresight or not.

I've played Thrawn long enough to know this. I don't know why you think someone having Foresight will make them immune to counters.

I don't. I'm talking about the defending unit (Thrawn in this case) having foresight protecting him from Yoda’s masterstroke. No damage received = no counterattack. You clearly aren't understanding what I'm saying.

Get video evidence of it happening, and post it at Answers HQ. You have tons of possible reasons that could be causing it in this thread. Play on 1X speed and watch for the things people have said.
  • @Crackling_Doom Which other Sith? What's the full team comp including the leader.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Pyrefly wrote: »
    A defender will not counterattack an attacker if:
    1. The defender dies.
    2. The defender doesn't have 100% counter chance and fails the roll.
    3. The defender is Dazed, Confused (2+), Stunned, Fractured, etc.
    4. The attacker is dead.
    5. The attacker misses (Dodged/Deflected) from innate ability, Blindness, or Foresight.
    6. The attacker cannot be countered due to innate ability (Force Crush, Deadly Double, etc.) or buff (Strategic Advantage, Stealth, etc.).

I believe this is a pretty comprehensive list. If I made a mistake or forgot something, let me know.
      [7] It's not the attacker's turn.
    Jolee using "Eh, you do it" for example
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Under Revan lead? Then he might have the Strategic Advantage that Revan brings, which makes him counter proof until he passes it to someone else

So I thought was the issue but it isn't. Masterstroke doesn't always get countered even if Yoda doesn't have Strategic Advantage.

Yes and no.

And I've mentioned Yoda doesn't hand Strategic Advantage so the implication is that it's under a Revan lead.

If you dont hit the other team, i.e.- they have foresight, there will be no counter attack

That's not true. My character will counterhit but the counter will miss because of Foresight.

What Kyno is saying, is if the opponent has foresight, then your attack will miss and therefore can't be countered.

Ok. But I specificity stated that Masterstroke does not always get "countered", not that Yoda doesn't get hit with said counter.

You are still missing what is being said. If there is foresight on the character being attacked by Yoda they'll dodge Yoda’s attack so they won't counter.

Could do with a video next time you see this. Sounds like Yoda is just being evaded.

How can he evade when my character doesn't counter, and therefore does not attack, Yoda?

If Yoda attacks a character that has foresight (no foresight on Yoda, forget about that), that character will not take damage from Yoda’s attack, and therefore won't counter attack.

Thrawn will counter if he's supposed to, regardless if Yoda has foresight or not.

I've played Thrawn long enough to know this. I don't know why you think someone having Foresight will make them immune to counters.

I don't. I'm talking about the defending unit (Thrawn in this case) having foresight protecting him from Yoda’s masterstroke. No damage received = no counterattack. You clearly aren't understanding what I'm saying.

Get video evidence of it happening, and post it at Answers HQ. You have tons of possible reasons that could be causing it in this thread. Play on 1X speed and watch for the things people have said.

Oh, I don't recall you mentioning Thrawn having foresight. My mistake if I missed that.

No, that's not what's happening. He didn't have foresight and he was hit by Masterstroke, which means he should've countered but didn't.

Just out of curiosity, what's your full team? And opponent team?
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Foresight has been bugging me. I'm not really paying attention when i'm playing, so i use an ability knowing the toon has foresight, but by the time the animation gets around to actually hitting the toon the foresight is long gone from the screen triggering the "what the eff, a dodge?!" before remembering the toon had foresight.
    good times
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno wrote: »

Yes and no.

They're asking if thrawn had foresight if he did he won't counter as the attack missed
  • C3Peio
    37 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    GMY also hits my cls many times without stealth using master stroke. Not once has my cls counter attacked him. No revan buff or stealth or foresight is present on yoda before or after. I’ll work to get screen shots.

Same here. I run CLS (L), Han, Chewie, R2 and OB, and they barely ever counter Yoda. Have been too lazy to submit it, but it really bugs me.
    Post edited by C3Peio on
  • This whole thread: Ken M. joins the SWGOH forum.