TW Leader role

Can we please have a TW Leader role that can move squads around on defense during Setup Phase? Maybe make it so only people in that role can issue orders. Same could be used for TB.

Maybe call it something like Battle Commander or Field Commander or Field Marshall or something, to distinguish from the General achievement title.

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    probably won't happen.
    There's an argument to be made for doing it right the first time instead of creating an ability to change already placed teams. Coordination is part of TW.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • What is the harm? I mean it's the same argument for why I should be able to alter the squad I set, as maybe I fat fingered it when I was doing it and put the wrong leader in or something. It doesn't matter until Attack Phase, so why not?

Anyway, would want a dev to respond, thx
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    changing your own team is entirely different than giving another player the ability to change the teams of all members.
    it's unlikely a dev will respond btw. They can't adress every single post on the forum for obvious reasons, so they generally don't respond.
  • I'm saying, no offense, I don't value your opinion as much as theirs
  • LOL
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    dang, that hurt more than i'd care to admit.
  • Don’t sweat it leef, Rookies know not of what they profane
  • MKIceman wrote: »
    I'm saying, no offense, I don't value your opinion as much as theirs
    They’ve already responded to this request (or one of dozens like it, anyway).

They will not give officers the ability to remove someone else’s defence squads.
  • Not sure what makes me a Rookie. I guess I've only been playing since July 2018? Although I've been number 1 in both squad and fleet arena daily for the past few months (rotating with shard members as needed), and leading our guild to be undefeated in TW.

Definitely a rookie on the forums, apologies for ruffled feathers

They will not give officers the ability to remove someone else’s defence squads.

Thank you that's helpful
    MKIceman wrote: »

Thank you that's helpful
    I’m looking for a link to the response. @Kyno will likely be able to drag it up faster than me.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

Thank you that's helpful
    I’m looking for a link to the response. @Kyno will likely be able to drag it up faster than me.

i believe they only made a general statement about not granting leaders/officers control over other players' rosters. But hey, don't take my word for it ;)
  • So I don't want to change squad compositions or interact with people's rosters. I want to move a set squad from one territory to another. Let me know if any dev said something about that. Thank you very much for your help
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    they definately didn't say anything about that, nor is it likely they will say anything about that. Just moving squads around isn't necessarily against their policy of not giving others control over how you play though. So potentially it could happen, but i don't see this getting much traction tbh.
  • MKIceman
    88 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Do people want it? Things get implemented if there is demand, provides significant improvement to the player experience, and does not change game balance or have unintended impact on game mechanics. Of course there is a priority order for such things to be implemented based on release schedule and effort needed.

This satisfies those criteria, don't know about priority but doesn't matter to me as long as it's on the list. So the question is, is there demand from people more than just me?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    It was a general statement made when people wanted to set platoons for TB. The statement was that they will not give anyone else control over someone else's roster or game play.

Changing moving a team to another location would likely fall into thai category, but we should get the ability to edit our own teams.
  • Thanks Kyno. Are you a dev? If not then I'd like to know for certain if moving squads to other territories in Territory War is considered 'controlling another player's game play' (in a similar vein of if an officer wanted to remove a player from their guild). There is a lot of value to be gained by this (if constrained to Setup Phase). Thanks again
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    *sigh*

Officers can issue orders through banners, so that part of the request os covered already.

Noone should be able to move anybody else's teams. If someone puts a team in the wrong zone on defense, it should of course be reflected in the outcome of the TW - just like if a player uses a weak team for an attack and gets slaughtered. It's a guild event. A team effort. Whatever each team/guild member does (good or bad moves) should be reflected on the result.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Thanks Kyno. Are you a dev? If not then I'd like to know for certain if moving squads to other territories in Territory War is considered 'controlling another player's game play' (in a similar vein of if an officer wanted to remove a player from their guild). There is a lot of value to be gained by this (if constrained to Setup Phase). Thanks again

No I am not.

Yes it does fall into that category.
    The idea behind guild events is about the guild, the better a guild is at organizing and working together the better they will do at these events.

Similar in concept to arena and GA, the better a player is as theorycrafting and setups the better they will do.

These "outside of game" skills/behaviors are what help separate people/guilds in the level they are in. Its not about 1 person being able to "fix the mistakes" its about working to improve the overall process through teamwork.
  • Thank you Kyno
  • THis is a feature we would actually like in our guild. We have a guild member who actively participates everywhere, but we have requested teams over certain GP only in the front areas on TW, yet this member puts all their teams in one area so we're ending up with some 30k teams in front. We've been loathe to kick, trying to communicate with the member, but they simply ignore us. Having the function of moving their teams further back would be great. Instead we're likely going to remove the member which, other than TW, is a shame.