C-3PO Nerf

Prev13
Ninjah9
906 posts Member
edited February 2019
So my recently started farming the HSTR which is awesome, however the players with C-3PO are racking up crazy scores in the raid. The top 5 are filled with scores over 30 million. It's cool that we can finish the raid in like an hour, but because of what is known to be a glitch (infinite loop) other players in the guild will never be able to get into the top 3. So when if ever is CG going to fix this?
Post edited by Ninjah9 on

Replies

• I wouldn’t call it a glitch, because everything works exactly as its supposed to. CG just didn’t foresee it being capable of this. But anyways, They will fix it when they have come up with and tested a suitable solution. Nobody outside of the team has any idea when that might be.
  • Ok not a glitch, but an infinite loop. Which CG was very clear that they want to prevent this. Seriously the guys in my guild who are racking up 30 mil+ are doing so on full auto
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    And aside from the obvious "they will fix it, when they fix it" response, does anyone know of a timeline for this fix? They had one a while ago then scraped it, and haven't mentioned it since...
  • I'd be more worried about not being able to get through P3 after the change if you just started being able to clear it. How's the saying go? "something something gift horse in the mouth" I think.
  • I'm able to rack up almost 8 million on that phase. And we have a bunch of death storm teams, and now too many revan teams. So we have the raid locked, it's just the score differential because of the infinite loop is not allowing the challenge of reaching the top 3 competitive.

As for your saying, I have no idea what you mean, or are talking about???
  • Just ban the team as a guild then. Seems pretty simple.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The dev team has made statements that they are not worried about the interaction of c3po in the tank raid. While they are looking at making chnshes for the Sith raid interaction, I wouldnt be surprised if they try to keep people able to solo the tank raid.
  • Just ban it under your guild raid rules. It's not hard to see any offenders...
  • Nobody outside of the team has any idea when that might be.
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    And aside from the obvious "they will fix it, when they fix it" response, does anyone know of a timeline for this fix? They had one a while ago then scraped it, and haven't mentioned it since...

It sounds like you know exactly what is going on, and you’ve been provided with the only answer available. It seems like you are saying “Yeah, but I don’t like that answer, does anyone have a different one.” There is no better answer. When the devs have one, they will post another update.
  • I'm mostly concerned bout the hstr. We've always beat the tank raid in about an hour. But we only get the hstr maybe 2 times a week, and today I only got in one attack before it was over. And yes I could ask my guild to let up, but I doubt that will work. It's just that cg said they were going to do something, and haven't mentioned it since...
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I've put ALOT of resources into building teams specifically for the hstr (like aurra) and now because 3 people in my guild have a 7 star 3po my teams have become obsolete.
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Nobody outside of the team has any idea when that might be.

It sounds like you know exactly what is going on, and you’ve been provided with the only answer available. It seems like you are saying “Yeah, but I don’t like that answer, does anyone have a different one.” There is no better answer. When the devs have one, they will post another update.

Actually @Kyno did just post a better answer. He said they are still looking to fix the hstr interaction. I wasnt sure if they still were after they canceled the first attempt to fix it. And I'm still wondering about when this might be, since it has not been mentioned in announcements or the road ahead.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Nobody outside of the team has any idea when that might be.

Actually Kyno did just post a better answer. He said they are still looking to fix the hstr interaction. I wasnt sure if they still were after they canceled the first attempt to fix it. And I'm still wondering about when this might be, since it has been mention in announcements or the road ahead.

Yes they still are looking into it, but no details have come out since the "we didnt like the fix" response we got a little bit ago.

That is not something that would be included in the Road Ahead.
  • I agree with the comments above, get the leadership in the guild to ban the team if they feel it is a problem. In my guild, I’m the only one who can solo P3 with that team, and we were only able to complete the raid with it at first. Now that we are stronger, they asked me to lay up and I’m fine with that. If your guild will work with you, problem solved. If not, join a guild that supports your view. You could also ask the guild about rotating top 3 or top 10, if you are easily cruising through the raid. It’ll take a definite team player, selfless guild to make that happen though.
  • The team works as designed as said before if your guild has issues with it ban the team.
    If they dont ban it then run the team yourself. Seems simple
  • Yes I get that as a solution. But if CG said the interaction is an error they intend to fix then I shouldn't have to negotiate with my guild. My only concern was if, and when they were going to do this. I was asking because to me, it seemed like this issue was completely forgotten about amongst all the new big news.
  • Hanfirst wrote: »
    The team works as designed as said before if your guild has issues with it ban the team.
    If they dont ban it then run the team yourself. Seems simple

Yea "simple" only that I'd have to wait several months to get this character. It's not like hes in the cantina store...
  • Its been answered and alternative suggestions have been made.

You dont like the answer, you dont like the suggestion. How about you just tell us what you want us to say.
  • Yea posted above that I did get a good answer from @Kyno feel free to troll elsewhere...
  • And yet youre still whining.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    I'm sure your guildmates who do have 3po would like a nerf aswell ;)
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • A simpler "fix" would be to simply adjust the HSith raid rewards so they weren't so ridiculously top heavy - then most guildies wouldn't care who finished top 3 or top 10 and who didn't. The only thing that would matter would be everyone helping bring down the raid and working together to come up with the best teams to do so.

I thought that was the point of a guild raid, but apparently CG thinks raids should encourage guild resentment, rules to stifle strong teams, and a reward structure that encourages guild members to work against each other instead of together toward a common goal. But what do I know - apparently I'm a slow learner.

In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Krjstoff
    633 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dear CG/EA,

Since there has been no fix to the mechanics of the zFinn/C-3PO/Han/Chewie/Ezra or Leia team in HSTR P3, could you please enlighten us if using said team for the unintended synergy will result in a violation of your TOS?

I'm pretty sure that nobody want to be hit with a banhammer down the road for using this team, so could we get verification if it's okay to use the team as long as the synergy persists or not?

Thank you in advance.

EDIT: Please move to correct forum, if this is not the place for it.
  • No one is going to get banned for using the zFinn strategy. Why would they?
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    They pretty much said enjoy it till they change it
  • How could you get banned for using something the game provided???
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    I've put ALOT of resources into building teams specifically for the hstr (like aurra) and now because 3 people in my guild have a 7 star 3po my teams have become obsolete.

Well anyone who got C3PO put A LOT of resources into building their team also so why should they not get rewarded. I could be wrong but I thought to auto phase 3 you have to also have Chewy so essentially you had to build a really good BH squad and a really good Ewoks squad to even get two of the characters to run this team. Sorry but that's way more resources then getting Aurra as you mentioned.
  • @Troyo: You should get rewarded for getting him, and yes he is harder to get than Aurra. But this is beyond getting rewarded, with him you can rack up 34 million damage literally with your eyes closed. CG has already said that they are against this. They rearranged the entire nightsister faction partly due to this. So it's not a matter of whether or not you think people who got 3po should be rewarded, but a matter of CG following their own protocols. If there is an infinite loop they are supposed to fix it, end of story.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    @Troyo: You should get rewarded for getting him, and yes he is harder to get than Aurra. But this is beyond getting rewarded, with him you can rack up 34 million damage literally with your eyes closed. CG has already said that they are against this. They rearranged the entire nightsister faction partly due to this. So it's not a matter of whether or not you think people who got 3po should be rewarded, but a matter of CG following their own protocols. If there is an infinite loop they are supposed to fix it, end of story.

And you've been given the only answer anyone outside of the CG dev team has: they'll fix it when they're ready.

In the mean time: get the guild to bar it (or move to another guild that will) or just accept the score imbalance for the time being.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • @Nikkoms565: Actually looks like they are going to that with the rancor raid once you have completed it enough times. But as for the hstr, it should stay competitive. A person who joins the raid, and does 0 dmg should not get the same rewards as someone who does 15 million. Which again is my point just to the other extreme, a player who uses 6 great teams, and earns great score should not be outdone by a player who full auto's one team, and gets an impossibly high score. And again I want to emphasize that this is CG's own position, I just wanted to know if there was any word about when they might fix this.
This discussion has been closed.