Farming Ewoks

I know this is not the first thread about this but since it was not heard yet, lets say it again.

Logray needs some possibility for a daily farm possibility. Since he became so important to clear the C3PO Event its became a real issue and I know that some managed to beat the event with a team that doesnt require Logray but that were, in the cases and vids I saw, teams with G11-12 Ewoks. I'm farming ewoks since C3PO came but I dont think that it will be possible for me to get the necessary ewoks or the equip in time for the next event. So CG please consider to give Logray a hard node, cantina farm spot or maybe a galactic war shop spot or something we can get him on a daily basis.

Also some additional spot for Wicket on the shop would be great! Because event with on extra refresh each day, he's an extremly slow farm!

Cheers!

Replies

• https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/191583/the-logray-problem/p1

I guess you clearly missed this thread that discusses the same issue and has 178 responses. In summary; Logray has been farmable in the guild store for a long time, if you haven't farmed him that's on you.

CG has already added additional places to farm Wicket and Logray, it's called using crystals ;)
    CG shouldn't have to add more easier to farm locations for these characters simply because you want them to.

This is a game of resource management afterall. Part of the challenge is who to farm and when.
  • ^All of that. Plus, Logray isn't required for the event. It can definitely be done without him.
  • Midirataj
    121 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    i don’t get why you are so spiteful.
    elitist like you wouldn’t allow anybody get anything unless they farm 8 hours a day since the launch 3 years ago.
    in fact this the only reason why you defend resource scarcity, because your only claim to skill is playing this game everyday since launch.
    this game is turn base rpg collecting game. running your own company and living is resource management.
    this is game for fun.
    all the OP wants is reliable way to farm a character he needs for legendary hero.
    but you elitist stalk every post on the forum finding vulnerable resource imperfect prey to feed your ego upon.
    you have no compassion for other people
  • Midirataj wrote: »
    elitist like you wouldn’t allow anybody get anything unless they farm 8 hours a day since the launch 3 years ago.
    in fact this the only reason why you defend resource scarcity, because your only claim to skill is playing this game everyday since launch.
    this game is turn base rpg collecting game. running your own company and living is resource management.
    this is game for fun.
    all the OP wants is reliable way to farm a character he needs for legendary hero.
    but you elitist stalk every post on the forum finding vulnerable resource imperfect prey to feed your ego upon.

So I am an elitist? I have been grinding away for 3 years, started Feb of 2016. I have focused on farming character shards from each area since almost the beginning. I need 32 characters to 7*. My grand total spent? $25 US. I have all but wicket at 7*, and that is on me because I felt kill bears were useless and atst takedown didn't interest me. I am currently farming wicket, dark bastila and jango every day and am making decent progress. Of course I am not in the top 100 of my shard, but the only thing there is crystals and I don't really use much, so I am not bummed out. I have a load of fun playing still. But as much as the game is about resource management, it is also about smart farming. I didn't farm CUP to 7* before I got ST Han or Mace.
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I know this is not the first thread about this but since it was not heard yet, lets say it again.

Logray needs some possibility for a daily farm possibility. Since he became so important to clear the C3PO Event its became a real issue and I know that some managed to beat the event with a team that doesnt require Logray but that were, in the cases and vids I saw, teams with G11-12 Ewoks. I'm farming ewoks since C3PO came but I dont think that it will be possible for me to get the necessary ewoks or the equip in time for the next event. So CG please consider to give Logray a hard node, cantina farm spot or maybe a galactic war shop spot or something we can get him on a daily basis.

Also some additional spot for Wicket on the shop would be great! Because event with on extra refresh each day, he's an extremly slow farm!

Cheers!

Wicket is in a darkside hard node. Farm it hard... dont wait for the wicket event
  • People who are complaining on how slow Logray’s farm is are the same people who complain about Jyn and Dengar. It’s a slower farm, just make sure you’re on it if they pop up.
  • Just prioritize him: Save your guild tokens, resist the urge to buy gear or other toons, so when he shows up you can buy them. Will it refresh a dozen time without him popping up? Yes. Will it refresh with him present a couple times in a row? Yes. Over time will it equal out to roughly the same amount of time it would’ve taken to farm him from a node? Yes.
    Ooba hutar.
  • Elitist? My Logray has been 7* for months. He's been farmable through the Guild store for a LONG time. Like any toon with a unique farm location, you should consider farming once they are announced. Yes, other useful items are farmable there - but whenever a toon is unique to shop (like Dengar, Hermit Yoda or Wampa, for example), you are a little foolish to ignore them and then complain when they are needed.
    It's always safer to farm any toon you can to 7* and worry about gearing at a later date.
  • Spiteful elitetist for pointing out logical facts, makes sense.
  • Kurrgan
    100 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Agreed. I resisted buying zetas from fleet store or gear from guild store until I had every useless toon or ship from there that was exclusive or painful to get elsewhere full 7 stars. Gam Guard, Dengar, Jyn, Logray, Grevious, Slave 1, Poe's Xwing, Hoda, Wampa, etc.

• Midirataj wrote: »
    this is game for fun.

I'd love for you to give me a list of everything you know about me.. Since you clearly know enough to call me an "elitist... finding vulnerable resource imperfect prey to feed on your ego..."

When did I start the game, how much do I play, am I F2P or P2P? Don't make such broad generalizations about people you disagree with because of a lack of argument.

As other people have stated in the thread, Logray isn't required for the event. It can be done without him. Wicket has a hard node and monthly event that rewards shards. With some planning and focus this event isn't all that hard.. Also it takes 10 minutes at most/day to log on, check the shops and sim a few nodes. The notion that I play "8 hours a day" shows that you really don't know that much about the game.
  • Gama_Fox wrote: »
    https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/191583/the-logray-problem/p1

I guess you clearly missed this thread that discusses the same issue and has 178 responses.
    Cheers!

• To the people that already have himon 7* since they play this game for 3 years or so:

1. I play the game since may/June 18. Its really nice that you farmed the ewoks in a time where there were maybe more important or lets say there were less other important factions/toons to farm. Thats not the case for me. I need C3PO and thats the only reason I invest at all in the ewoks while I would really like to farm first order or sith instead.
    2. I'm trying the best to catch up to other players and I prioritise my resources very thoughtful. Farming the Ewoks would never be on my list if it would not be for C3PO. So I asked because Logray is called to be important to beat the event if you dont have the ewoks all on G12 or so. Gearing the Ewoks up to G12 or so is not quite on my list while I have just one and a half teams geard up that I prioritiese the most. So Logray is the Option of choise.

So just yelling at players that are 2 years behind that they need to farm in the same way just because you had to is like saying that I need to wait for 2 years to get the same content that is now on the game. The game changes. There are more and more toons to farm and gear to equip and its quite a bigger challenge for the newer players as its for the players that play the game since the beginning. Still the game needs new players to continoue live. So the new players should be supported not handicaped. It should be fun to play the game not frustating.
  • HK666
    1263 posts Member
    For the most part, farms aren't made easier for this game. Rare exceptions include NS zombie/spirit, when ppl didn't like that they could only get 14 shards everytime an event ran, and the devs eventually decided that it was indeed a bad structure.

But even for characters that have pretty much fallen into disuse, they aren't made easier to farm. Look at toons like Shore, Baze, Jyn, and likely a dozen other a hard nodes or cantina farms for older toons.

Back in the day, old players had it worse than you have it now, but locations of how/where you can farm your units rarely change