Hermit Yoda in an all nightsister team

Since his release hermit Yoda has been in just about any team setup. Cant complain seeing as just how powerful he is but since I started diving into my nightsisters I noticed that there might be a way to utilize him in an all ns team. My ideal team would be asajj lead, daka, talzin zombie and Yoda. Hoda would cast master's training on zombie and get an immediate refresh on all his abilities upon zombie's defeat. Continue casting master's training on all ns and continue to use both his basic (for health and protection recovery) and spam master's training on zombie for cooldowns on his more valuable skills. The boosts from master's training would significantly improve the effectiveness of the ns. What are your thoughts and where would this team setup possibly fail?

Replies

• I’m not convinced it would be worth it.

You’re sacrificing the TM gain and damage of talia for the Master’s training buff. The extra 25% offence would be nice on Talzin and Asaaj, but negligible on Daka, Zombie. Would the additional 25% offence on 2 toons replace the loss of talia’s damage? Doubtful.

Also, master’s training would need to be re-applied to Zombie in order for the cooldown reset to happen each time zombie died. Would Zombie last long enough for Hoda to cast master’s training on one of the other toons? It’s possible, but certainly not guaranteed.
  • Vertigo
    4496 posts Member
    The cons to that team is that you still have to apply masters training to the other 3 NS before giving it to zombie, otherwise you're not benefitting from the mass assist. It also requires an extra zeta on GMY, which is generally the less useful one of his zetas. It worked well with a weak zombie before the zombie/ns rework. Now zombie dies less often so it's harder to make use of the massive amounts of deaths. It basically only works in a raid setting because you need a lot of time to get it going. Could work on offense in arena, but Hoda's targeting for the buff isn't very smart and won't know what to do. Would probably help in a NS mirror match to get rid of plague easily. The problem with the raid setting is that NS can be run w/o Hoda and get just as good results and Hoda is better used in other teams.
  • I’ve tried it, doesn’t work unfortunately.
  • Nightsisters already have a mass assist from Talzin..... Hoda is way too passive to work well on that team....