Options
    Where’s my Carbanite Han tho?
  • Options
    Where’s my Carbanite Han tho?

In the Slave 1
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Options
    Monel wrote: »
    So you think Ebon Hawk is legendary worthy?

Not really, no. That ship never really does any combat to speak of. It’s like that one escape pod that I thought might be important, but a scan of the pod turned up no life signs. So, you know...
  • Monel
    2786 posts Member
    Options

Not really, no. That ship never really does any combat to speak of. It’s like that one escape pod that I thought might be important, but a scan of the pod turned up no life signs. So, you know...

I blame the jawas for the downfall of the empire!
  • Roopehunter
    1188 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options

What are you talking about. In kotor2 the first planet you visit (with the exiled mandalorians) after the first area, you get into a ship fire fight, against a blockade and you must shoot down several fighters to actually land.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Does someone know the cost of subsequent ship energy refreshes. I know first three are 100 crystals. Tehn it goes to 200 and i never went beyond that.
  • Options
    ship energy should be counted in 600 now with the devs attention leaving cantina and moving to ship cantina
  • Options
    Does anyone ever buy those energy packs? If so are they worth it?

They worth it! If you have enough crystals to afford them! Those packs helped me to farm KOTOR characters for revan (something like 20-30 shard of Mission Vao with a pack, 2 or three times) not bad!
  • Options
    Ultra wrote: »
    Sev74907 wrote: »
    So basically what this comes down to is in order to get the Ebon Hawk you will need 5 Sith ships at 7* cause they will require the Emperor's shuttle for it

Definitely. I think Falcon and Ebon Hawk are journey tier ships. Unfortunately, Falcon was not given a journey status.

Falcon was given the legendary status, so I don't think any other (non-capital) ship deserves a journey status in this game.
    Exactly, plus as for a capital ship, the Chimaera back then was also a legendary instead of a journee event. The Ebon Hawk absolutely deserves the same status, no more, no less.
  • Options

What are you talking about. In kotor2 the first planet you visit (with the exiled mandalorians) after the first area, you get into a ship fire fight, against a blockade and you must shoot down several fighters to actually land.

Also in KOTOR 1 you regularly have the firefight minigames when you enter or leave a system, including the first time you fly it, when leaving Taris.
  • Options
    Acrofales wrote: »

Also in KOTOR 1 you regularly have the firefight minigames when you enter or leave a system, including the first time you fly it, when leaving Taris.

And the original owner tells you it's the fastest ship in the galaxy, so that's it too
  • Options
    Just to be sure - we Sim? It's not one of those things where you have to actually play the battle to get the bonus?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    Just to be sure - we Sim? It's not one of those things where you have to actually play the battle to get the bonus?

Good question, the original announcement has no mention of this. Hopefully it is
  • Options
    Now that its the 6th, are we going to be getting a kit reveal either today or tomorrow?
  • Options
    Now that its the 6th, are we going to be getting a kit reveal either today or tomorrow?

It should be added to the game today or tomorrow, whenever we get this week’s update. Along with farming locations for Carth and Juhani.
  • Options

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/194818/kit-reveal-emperors-shuttle#latest
  • OldBaldOneKenobi
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    It doesn't matter which node you farm. That's why they set the drop rates the way they did. No matter which energy node you pick, you should get about the same number of shards.
    Actually, yes it will. Since the probability for each node is tied to the amount of energy used, the "expectation value" (or average amount) of the number of shards per energy will be the same, but the probability of successfully earning a given amount of shards will in fact vary with which node you choose. Since lower-energy nodes have lower probability of success, the spread in the probability density is larger.

To give a concrete example, if one spends 100 crystals on fleet energy every day for 5 days, they have a total of 285 * 5 = 1425 fleet energy to spend during the event (I'm assuming 5 days, since that was what the moderator, Pyrefly said). Depending on which node you do, you'll have a different number of attempts: 178 for 8-energy nodes; 142 for 10-energy nodes; 89 for 16-energy nodes; and 71 for 20-energy nodes. To get the probability of successfully getting 50 (or more) blueprints (assuming a 3-star unlock), one can use a binomial distribution function with the given probability of success. My calculations indicate this:

Probability of 50+ shards with 100 crystals spent over 5 days using ONLY:

8-energy nodes: 88.6%
    10-energy nodes: 89.5%
    16-energy nodes: 94.9%
    20-energy nodes: 98.1%

So, the short answer is: Go for the 20-energy nodes. It's more of a sure thing.

Incidentally, the probability of unlocking at 3-star without spending crystals is astronomically low (few thousand to 1), and impossible if doing 20-energy nodes (unless you've stockpiled energy in advance).
  • Options
    I should point out that if you're hoping to get a blueprint drop that's well above the average, you'll have a better chance with 8-energy nodes, simply because you have more attempts and can tolerate more fails. So, if you want to roll the dice ... ("Do I feel lucky?")
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options
    I should point out that if you're hoping to get a blueprint drop that's well above the average, you'll have a better chance with 8-energy nodes, simply because you have more attempts and can tolerate more fails. So, if you want to roll the dice ... ("Do I feel lucky?")

It is literally the same chance. The drop rate scales on energy cost. It is an expected value of 25 energy per blueprint no matter what kind of node you farm.
  • Options
    crzydroid wrote: »

It is literally the same chance. The drop rate scales on energy cost. It is an expected value of 25 energy per blueprint no matter what kind of node you farm.
    "Expected" means average. In that sense, yes, it's the same. But statistically, you will have variations due to RNG, (i.e. if your expected average is 50, some will get 48, some will get 53, etc.). So if you're playing probabilities, then no, it's different.
  • OldBaldOneKenobi
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    If the amount of energy you spend exactly corresponds to the desired number of successes (playing averages), then also yes, the probabilities will be the same. But as soon as you get away from that happy middle, they will start to deviate. For an extreme example, the probability of getting 72 blueprints or more with 8-energy nodes in the above example is 1.1%, whereas it is impossible to get this on 20-energy nodes, since you only have 71 attempts.
  • crzydroid
    7298 posts Moderator
    Options

"Expected" means average. In that sense, yes, it's the same. But statistically, you will have variations due to RNG, (i.e. if your expected average is 50, some will get 48, some will get 53, etc.). So if you're playing probabilities, then no, it's different.

But I think that's all anyone cares about.

It seems you're talking about the possibility of getting a drop that represents a high deviation from the mean because that's the direction the distribution is skewed. So sure...whatever floats your boat, I guess. But on average, you'll get the same number of shards.
  • Options

But I think that's all anyone cares about.

It seems you're talking about the possibility of getting a drop that represents a high deviation from the mean because that's the direction the distribution is skewed. So sure...whatever floats your boat, I guess. But on average, you'll get the same number of shards.
    Maybe so. The "high" deviation in the above example was only 7 shards of 50, so not that high. In the end, everyone has different goals and resources, and it's not that hard to figure out mathematically which will work best for a given individual.
  • OldBaldOneKenobi
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Okay, it's clear now that it's a 4-star unlock. That means that 200 crystals (total 405 energy) per day only gives between 57% chance (8-energy nodes) and 64% chance (20-energy nodes) of getting 80+ shards. 100 crystals per day won't be enough, unless you're the lucky 1 in 2500 (and that's best at 8-energy nodes).
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Just buy the 600 crystal energy deal.
    That's there for a reason

Most of their offer are there for a reason.. To trick people into spending more than they originally wanted to.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    Just buy the 600 crystal energy deal.
    That's there for a reason

Most of their offer are there for a reason.. To trick people into spending more than they originally wanted to.

Yep, misdirection is a common tactics here. I am definitely not derailing my Darth Revan farm for a ship that probably gets eaten by the Falcon anyway...
  • Options
    Oh my gosh, all the math... Back to basics, where is the event!? I guess midnight Feb. 8 can be ambiguous, as in, is this the night of the 7th, or night of the 8th? Because the announcement said starting Feb 8th, and another announcement mentioned midnight local, and over here it's 12:30am on the 8th and nothing has become available for this. Any clarification on when this actually starts, because I feel like the announcements were unclear or misleading at this point. I waited up just to get a jump on this, and now I see nothing new being offered anywhere in Ships, not a single node has a bonus being offered.
  • Options
    enlguy wrote: »
    Oh my gosh, all the math... Back to basics, where is the event!? I guess midnight Feb. 8 can be ambiguous, as in, is this the night of the 7th, or night of the 8th? Because the announcement said starting Feb 8th, and another announcement mentioned midnight local, and over here it's 12:30am on the 8th and nothing has become available for this. Any clarification on when this actually starts, because I feel like the announcements were unclear or misleading at this point. I waited up just to get a jump on this, and now I see nothing new being offered anywhere in Ships, not a single node has a bonus being offered.

Usually the "midnight" refers to their game server times. Since the Fleet Energy packs are available Feb 8-13th, I would assume that the Galactic Chase starts tomorrow - corresponding with the first day of the pack. I suppose they could make the first pack available the day before, but I don't know how many players will buy it a day early...
  • Options
    @jkray622 Appreciate the reply. I wish they hadn't gone out of their way to say midnight your local time, then, but that makes sense. I'll just keep my eye out.