EDIT can a mod merge this thread?

Replies

• Options
    Cool to ignore
  • Options
    I agree

Thanks CG, very cool
  • Options
    I’m definitely excited for this as well! Hoping the kit is decent too, wondering if it will be the empire version of Kylos shuttle
  • Arus
    10 posts Member
    Options
    If this is a way to accelerates farming speed of some charaters or ships which are also farmable at other locations, this is cool.
    But if this is the only way to get shards of some charaters of ships (just like the upcoming EP's shuttle), this is not cool at all, just another type of panic farm.
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Arus wrote: »
    If this is a way to accelerates farming speed of some charaters or ships which are also farmable at other locations, this is cool.
    But if this is the only way to get shards of some charaters of ships (just like the upcoming EP's shuttle), this is not cool at all, just another type of panic farm.
    Sounds like, for now, it will remain exclusively available through the event. I'm not sure if these characters / ships will go on rotation like the marquees do, on a hard node / cantina / guild store once they bring out a new Galactic Chase character. That's a good question to ask the devs

I don't see it as a panic farm since its not required for anything. For now, it'll be on fleet nodes, maybe its next appearance would be on a LS/DS / cantina node and you can just farm your toon while getting the Galactic Chase shards as a bonus drop.

My only issue is the frequency of the event. Galactic Bounties II stopped happening for a long time and as we get more and more Galactic Chase characters, we might see infrequent appearances of older / newer ones
  • Options
    It all comes down to event frequency. The Wicket/Talzin style releases were actually awesome, but they ruined it by having it once per month. At once per week people would have loved it. I expect a similar scenario here.
  • JaggedJ
    1352 posts Member
    Options
    It all comes down to event frequency. The Wicket/Talzin style releases were actually awesome, but they ruined it by having it once per month. At once per week people would have loved it. I expect a similar scenario here.

Agreed. Initially Talzin and Wicket had us staring at 2 year farms with the initial rate.

If the time frame is reasonable then all good. If not....
  • Options
    When will it start?
  • Options
    SeanutB wrote: »
    When will it start?

Feb 8
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    Options
    You can be sure it will be infrequent. That’s how you make people stop investing resources,energy,currency in order to be ready for its small window return. That helps slow progression elsewhere and the devs love that.
    And I’m sure it will me a meta ship that make empire the counter to rebels.