Please make future events repeatable

Qeltar
4326 posts Member
An event that involves 4 weeks of grinding for 4 minutes of gameplay is a complete lose-lose for everyone: tedious and not fun for players, and a waste of resources for developers.
Quit 7/14/16. Best of luck to all of you.

Replies

• Exactly, especially this Yoda event, why close it for a month just to open it back up with no changes and nothing to do for some players. I'd be **** if I had farmed 5 7* Jedi for this event just to not be able to play it again once you had finished.
  • Orba
    62 posts Member
    Yeah, at bare minimum they should allow people to repeat each stage once a month for some credits. An Event where each stage can only be completed once, ever, is just a waste of the time it took to build it. They need to add some repeatability to this event, and all future events.
  • Yeah, it would be nice if you could repeat Stage 7 (perhaps scaled up when the level cap is increased) once per month for 500-700k in credits.
  • Didn't think the event was gonna work the way it did. Finished it on 4* last time, thought it would be repeatable and I could grind out a 5* Yoda doing the same thing. Nope. Still lacking 3 jedi at 5*. Not sure I would've invested the time just for a 5* Yoda anyway, but doesn't seem intuitive, and not sure how people were supposed to know how the event structure would work any differently.

Not upset about not getting Yoda, just seems like pretty much everyone was in the dark for how it turned out.
  • nokoryous wrote: »
    Didn't think the event was gonna work the way it did. Finished it on 4* last time, thought it would be repeatable and I could grind out a 5* Yoda doing the same thing. Nope. Still lacking 3 jedi at 5*. Not sure I would've invested the time just for a 5* Yoda anyway, but doesn't seem intuitive, and not sure how people were supposed to know how the event structure would work any differently.

Not upset about not getting Yoda, just seems like pretty much everyone was in the dark for how it turned out.

From the 2/10/16 patch notes: Stage 2 requires five Jedi which are 2 Star or above, and so on up to Stage 7 which requires five Jedi at 7 Stars to get the final Shards needed to Promote Grand Master Yoda to 7 Stars! Once players have completed Stage 5, they will have enough Shards to Activate Grand Master Yoda at 5 Stars.
  • Jaqen_Hghar
    491 posts Member
    edited March 2016
    Agreed. Working hard to farm jedi for several weeks in light of this big event (It had advertisements, a youtube preview video, online articles out the whazoo, and was announced as big time "new content") and have it take 4 minutes to complete was super disappointing. Kind of like paying for a magic show and having the magician go on stage, make a card appear out of thin air, then go off the stage. A classic "uh.. that's it?" moment.
  • I feel for the people who farmed Jedi but didn't have enough to 7* Yoda. I haven't unlocked Yoda personally but didn't want to farm useless Jedi so my mentality was that I'd be selective and only farm useful Jedi and when I have 5 of them at 7*, I'd return to the Yoda challenge eventually and unlock him. I'm uncertain if he'll ever return but that is okay for me, but others will be burned....
  • Toukai
    1822 posts Member
    I feel for the people who farmed Jedi but didn't have enough to 7* Yoda. I haven't unlocked Yoda personally but didn't want to farm useless Jedi so my mentality was that I'd be selective and only farm useful Jedi and when I have 5 of them at 7*, I'd return to the Yoda challenge eventually and unlock him. I'm uncertain if he'll ever return but that is okay for me, but others will be burned....

@ioniancat21
    Jedi arn't useless, they were/are still top meta.

QGJ(L), Yoda, Lumi + 2others (RG,GS,Rey,Whatever) is pretty top tier.
  • No, I was referring to the other Jedi you'd need to have five 7* for the Yoda challenge. People were forced to farm characters that weren't going to be useful after the event like Jedi Counselor and more, throwing their current farms...