Fleet reinforcements

Is there any plan to allow players to choose order of reinforcements? Seems like this is a big hole in design of fleet.

I was reading a post from almost a year ago that said the devs chose classes and they are deployed by order of
1 class
2 reinforcement level
3 left to right

Seems a standard left to right would be better all around

Also would be nice to see reinforcement bonuses activated for startup ships esp with ot falcon which has a nice reinforcement but is more useful from startup than to bother having it reinforce. Would also be sweet to use phantoms reinforcement from startup too.

Otherwise its a little stale
Seems the best choice offense wise is to use phantom for 1st and cassians 2nd.

Replies

• Options
    I’m with you on the reinforcement order, not a fan of the bonus at startup. Seems like the whole purpose of the reinforcement bonus is to reward you for *not* starting with them.
  • Options
    I can't find the posts where they describe the logic, but in Ships 2.0, the AI looks at which reinforcement is going to be best. If you have a ship who is almost dead, and Plo Koon is in reinforcement, then he'll likely be summoned to heal. If your tank died and your other two ships are vulnerable, then it'll probably summon a tank.

If your fleet is in good shape, it'll likely bring in a high-offense reinforcement like Phantom.

The problem with left to right is that it doesn't account for most possibilities. I know that I sometimes change the order of my reinforcements based on the battle status - so the programming is just trying to help make our fleets more effective.
  • Options
    It has one benefit. It keeps the arena rankings moving. The guy that gets first in the hour before me has a way better fleet than me. But I can beat him because the reinforcement order is not optimal for his fleet. If he could choose...I probably couldn't beat him.

I can see both sides of the argument.
  • Options
    Still just seems like phantom coming in 1st is always a good option to overwhelm opponent and cassians is best for dispelling buffs xannt think of a scenario where you wouldnt want that order works for offense allows you to take out ot falcon and once thats done you win.

Then it comes down to maxing speed. And having the right ships.

Also han solo movie falcon i cannt think of a scenario where you wouldnt want that to be last reinforcement .
  • Options
    Still just seems like phantom coming in 1st is always a good option to overwhelm opponent and cassians is best for dispelling buffs xannt think of a scenario where you wouldnt want that order works for offense allows you to take out ot falcon and once thats done you win.

Then it comes down to maxing speed. And having the right ships.

Also han solo movie falcon i cannt think of a scenario where you wouldnt want that to be last reinforcement .

I have times where I'll summon Cassian U-wing first to kill opponent OT Falcon. After that I can just hit auto...
  • Options
    Never thought of that my usual thought proccess get as many ships playing as possible was thinking of adding bistans to my lineup as well
  • Options
    Yeah the reason you don’t see a lot of Falcons in the reinforcements is because the AI waits waaaay too long to bring it in. If you’ve got phantom on your bench, it’s almost a guarantee that the AI will bring that before the falcon, which means by the time your falcon does come out you’ve probably already lost. Shame, because falcon has probably the best reinforcement ability out there. Works amazingly well on offense.