R.I.P. CLS squads

Prev1
TRanger
329 posts Member
edited February 2019
My arena shard is filled with Ravens and Trayas...losing ground daily with my CLS team..and my brand new chewy.

Replies

• theatomicpun
    492 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    If you have 3p0, swap a zfinn for cls and climb your way to the top!
  • Good idea..might have to try that when I Zata him..and get 3po 7*
  • LOL ... I just got g12+3 zzzRevan and I think my CLS team is better so I am going to stick with him.
  • Good luck....and congratulations....I can't beat a raven team....my time in top 175 is over I think.
  • LOL ... I just got g12+3 zzzRevan and I think my CLS team is better so I am going to stick with him.

Yeah what's up with that? My CLS squad feels much stronger on offence. Although I don't have my absolute best mods on the revan and accompanied Jedi, guess mods are the real meta
  • TRanger wrote: »
    Good luck....and congratulations....I can't beat a raven team....my time in top 175 is over I think.
    1. Bring Thrawn
    2. Fracture Yoda or GK
    3. ...
    4. Profit!
  • My shard has very few sith/Traya left...mostly Revan and CLS. C3PO is probably the key there though.
  • I went from top 50 to top 150 with my scoundrels. 99% revan in my shard now, up to #300.
  • My CLS team is still staying strong in the top 50 on a shard populated almost entirely by Revan teams.
  • My wampatraya team has dropped from 50ish down to 110+ since revan came back...
  • https://swgoh.gg/squads/139261/

This squad has been solid for me. kept me above 100 for quite a while now. GMY stealing those buffs is noice!
  • Oh I like that I'm gonna have too try...thanks for sharing!
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    If you have 3p0, swap a zfinn for cls and climb your way to the top!

lol please do this
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • TRanger wrote: »
    Oh I like that I'm gonna have too try...thanks for sharing!

No problem! I have had some people say they thin R2 would be better than GMY in that squad, but I have my doubts.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    TRanger wrote: »
    My arena shard is filled with Ravens and Trayas...losing ground daily with my CLS team..and my brand new chewy.

lol ok
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • let me know how it works for you
  • CLS climbs easily with 3p0 on the team. Swap him in if you haven't already.

That said, every CLS team I fight with 3p0 on the team takes me less than a minute on auto to beat with Revan, so take that as you will.
  • As long as it's not filled with Revans I don't see the problem.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    CLS squads will still be excellent for newer players. That's the first real achievable meta for them.

I think you've received a lot of great advice so far. Unfortunately, you'll have to alter your team. It isn't unfair. It's just how the cookie crumbles, I suppose.
  • A cls squad in my shards takes 1st everyday.
  • Randomusername
    12 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    There are still 3 cls squads in the top 50 in my arena shard. 2 treya and 1 jtr hanging on in the 40s
  • Easiest teams to beat Revan with:

Zfinn team (only requires having chewie and 3p0, low gear and star level is irrelevant)
    CLS/JTR (never done either but the difficulty seems comparable)
    Revan
    NS

So there are many teams much better at beating Revan than Revan. The Real problem is that nothing holds on D like Revan.
  • Truth is, what really matters is that you "play ball" with your shard mafia. If you don't, you will be punished. You will be targeted and you will drop down the ranks.
  • cuyler41 wrote: »
    Truth is, what really matters is that you "play ball" with your shard mafia. If you don't, you will be punished. You will be targeted and you will drop down the ranks.

Way to make it sound more sinister than it is. There's 3 types of people when it comes to shard chats in general (not counting those situations where the top is ruled by a mafia - which is a rare situation)

Those who decide to not act like a ruffian and hit people all willynilly and converse with others in their chat to have an easy time of it.

Then there's those of the irresolvably conflicted point of view that you must somehow be entirely competitive (can't communicate with each other or avoid people during their payout), yet let others take 1st at the same time (because it's not their payout so they should just let you take 1st). This type always moans about shard chats being "collusion" when really it's just their point of view that is goofy.

Then there's the guys who do act like Ruffians and don't join the chat and still take 1st because they are that bloodthirsty. These types have no problems with the existence of shard chats, they enjoy the challenge.
  • If it really is ALL revans, a team that has been doing reasonably well on defense for me is JTR, BB8, R2, 3PO and Chewie. With all those droids, you get a guaranteed first strike for BB8, R2 and JTR, which discourages players who don’t have well-modded Revan teams. You can win on offense against the strongest of Revan teams, the problem is that combo doesn’t handle traya very well at all. So if there’s a mix, CLS does better, but you may not get the first turn against faster revans unless your R2 is super quick (mines around 285, so I don’t get smokescreen up before the 300+ revans can use mark).
  • If it really is ALL revans, a team that has been doing reasonably well on defense for me is JTR, BB8, R2, 3PO and Chewie. With all those droids, you get a guaranteed first strike for BB8, R2 and JTR, which discourages players who don’t have well-modded Revan teams. You can win on offense against the strongest of Revan teams, the problem is that combo doesn’t handle traya very well at all. So if there’s a mix, CLS does better, but you may not get the first turn against faster revans unless your R2 is super quick (mines around 285, so I don’t get smokescreen up before the 300+ revans can use mark).

You could always start by stunning Revan with Han.
  • Yeah my CLS was dropping fast so I went back to Bastila.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Woodroward wrote: »
    If it really is ALL revans, a team that has been doing reasonably well on defense for me is JTR, BB8, R2, 3PO and Chewie. With all those droids, you get a guaranteed first strike for BB8, R2 and JTR, which discourages players who don’t have well-modded Revan teams. You can win on offense against the strongest of Revan teams, the problem is that combo doesn’t handle traya very well at all. So if there’s a mix, CLS does better, but you may not get the first turn against faster revans unless your R2 is super quick (mines around 285, so I don’t get smokescreen up before the 300+ revans can use mark).

You could always start by stunning Revan with Han.

revan is immune to stun though
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Woodroward wrote: »
    Easiest teams to beat Revan with:

Zfinn team (only requires having chewie and 3p0, low gear and star level is irrelevant)
    CLS/JTR (never done either but the difficulty seems comparable)
    Revan
    NS

So there are many teams much better at beating Revan than Revan. The Real problem is that nothing holds on D like Revan.

In the time you've farmed up Ewoks for 3P0 and BH for Chewie, you could have easily built Jedi or Sith teams to compete with.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/