Which rogue one toons are best?

I am currently at a loss when it comes to choosing which rogue one toons to work on primarily for tb. While I do have chirrut gear 12 since I used him in my squad arena team at one point and have baze at gear 10 but only 5 stars they handle most of territory battle with ease. I have cassian, k2s0, and jyn at 7 stars with cassian and jyn and gear 7 and k2so at gear 9 and Zetad because I thought ways back it was helpful for him to get protection boosts given he's a taunting tank. While jyn is no doubt the best and only choice for a rogue one team leader who would serve better on this team?

Replies

• If you're just looking at TB primarily, you're fine with Jyn, Baze, Chirrut, Cassian, K2
  • Bohdi, Pao, and bistan are all almost useless. Pathfinder can be good, but not great.
  • Pao is good for chex mix in STR.
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • Rogue one was my first real arena team. Jyn got both of my first two zetas, and was my first g12. I love rogue one, but unfortunately they’re pretty useless outside of TB now. They had been a decent TW squad at first, but the last few metas have added several new squads that blow them away. You’re using the right 5 right now. If you get K2 to g12, he can easily have 80,000 protection. With his zeta (I wouldn’t recommend it, but you already have it) after being hit 20 times or so, his protection will be around 100k. Jyn’s leader zeta -which is mandatory- will then be healing him for 5,000 protection every time he gains a buff. When he gets hit, he counters and gains taunt (5k there) and if it’s a crit, chirrut gives him a heal over time (up to 10k now), so he’ll be nearly unkillable. His daze helps immensely in TB as well. Cassian is where the majority of your damage comes from. Using his two specials consecutively can land upwards of 5-6 exposes on one person (i’ve seen his second special land 14 exposes) and a couple on the others. Definitely worthwhile. Chirrut and Baze speak for themselves. I think to reliably go 6/6 on the last day of TB, you need a to have Jyn and chirrut to g11 or better and zeta jyn’s Lead. One tank should be g12 and the other close to it, and Cassian can probably get by with g9-10. Jyn will just have to revive him every few turns. But -as always- the higher the better. With jyn’s zeta, cassian’s unique will be healing protection across the whole team (more on k2) at the start of each round. If you decide to zeta Cassian it would increase that healing further, and may allow you to get by with less gear. Outside of TB, it’s not a very good zeta, though.
  • Dipster wrote: »
    Bohdi, Pao, and bistan are all almost useless. Pathfinder can be good, but not great.

I disagree. Bistan is actually a decent character in the right lineup. Pao is good in phase 3 sith raid. Although I agree with bohdi. He’s bad.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Bistan is terrible on a rogue one squad, but his ship is fantastic!!!
  • Both Bistan and Cassian are great ships. But for the ground game Id go with Baze as your final one. SRP and Pao have uses.

If Bodhi has a use, I dont know it. Perhaps for offense up in P3 of Sith raid? Not sure. I'm reaching.
  • Woodroward
    3749 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Easiest Rogue 1 team to run in TB is Jyn, Cassian, Chirrut, K2, Pathfinder, just hit auto.

Baze doesn't have a very reliable taunt compared to Pathfinder and the extra self revive makes it easy mode (to put it another way, Chirrut is the power of Chaze, Baze isn't good).

This is also nice because you are only working on 1 non-pilot with this team.
  • To me, the biggest problem with the typical R1 squad (Jyn Chirrut Baze Cassian K2) is that they don't have a lot of offense. Fortunately, R1 also has a much maligned member that helps with that: Pao. Special 1 awards Offense Up for his mates, Special 2 applies Defense Down to his enemies. Helps a ton.

By himself Pao is not great, but R1 is more about team than stand-alone. I run Pao in every TB and leave K2 on the bench.
  • R1 squad I enjoy the most and have Zata and g12 are..Jyn,Cassian, K2 , Baze , Cherrit. They are a decent TW attack or later defense squad. The taunt of k2 in HSth I don't like..it is like the skill isn't even there..K2 could do much better and be helpful In Hsth if it worked like in any other game mode. I'm still waiting for Galen Erso legendary event.
  • TRanger wrote: »
    R1 squad I enjoy the most and have Zata and g12 are..Jyn,Cassian, K2 , Baze , Cherrit. They are a decent TW attack or later defense squad. The taunt of k2 in HSth I don't like..it is like the skill isn't even there..K2 could do much better and be helpful In Hsth if it worked like in any other game mode. I'm still waiting for Galen Erso legendary event.

Keep waiting...
  • Hahaha..yeah I will...in the meantime they are decent!