Nihilus Lead + Zaalbar

I was trying different teams in GW, and I thought about Nihilus's lead and Zaalbar's unique. All Sith under a Nihilus lead lose their protection and gain that much max health, so every time they're attacked, they'll go below 100% health, which will activate Zaalbar's unique. He'll gain taunt and retribution, and his basic will allow him to heal a little. If you put his zeta on him and add Sidious or Vader to the team, he'll also recover a good amount of protection each turn. Cleanses and dispels would be a problem, though.

I was thinking of doing Nihilus lead, Sidious, Vader, Dooku, and Zaalbar. I don't really like Vader on this team since it's taking away another member of a non-Traya Palp team, but he would help with Zaalbar's survivability I think. I wasn't too sure on a good 5th, so I just thought Dooku would work since he counters a lot, which would allow him to recover back to 100% health quicker.

This team obviously wouldn't work in arena, but how good (or bad) would it be as a TW or GA team?

Replies

• Options
    I though about this team way back when Big Z first came out. NH lead has major deficiencies, that make it hard for the sith to compete with any modern meta team. Theres no crit hits, no tm gain, and like you said no cleansing. You're on the right track with the health manipulation/ taunt combo. I recently zetad Big Z, and have been using him for a while. Hes great with the nightsisters who fall below 100% health often, and also palp leads as Vader and palp can heal easily. I run ep, Vader, big z, ds bastilla, and thrawn. It's a killer team, great synergy.
  • Options
    Seems cool. Maybe take out sidious and put in Sion instead. Vader will more than make up for the missing dots. Sion as an extra tank and giving health to Nihilus with the twos uniques spells disaster for the opposing team.
    Tag me if you reply to my comment so I know I should answer you!😀 My roster: https://swgoh.gg/p/842694912/
  • Options
    Tbirds01 wrote: »
    Seems cool. Maybe take out sidious and put in Sion instead. Vader will more than make up for the missing dots. Sion as an extra tank and giving health to Nihilus with the twos uniques spells disaster for the opposing team.

Yeah, Sion would be better than Sidious, but I'm not sure if this would be better as an offensive team, or a defensive team set in the back territories. If I put it on defense and Sion is in the team, people will be less likely to throw weaker teams at it than if it had Sidious, Dooku, Vader, or Maul.

I was thinking in a perfect scenario, Vader's and Sidious's DoTs would provide enough protection recover to keep Zaalbar healthy while Nihilus slowly annihilates the enemy, though that's not likely to happen.
  • Options
    In a similar vein, I use Talia to achieve the same effect. Her heal eats into her health and triggers Z’s taunt on demand. I use this approach under a Vader lead in P2 of the Sith Raid (my guild doesn’t do Heroic yet though but it’s a sound strategy at Tier 6).
  • Options
    Good ideas, may absorb a few teams on defense since it can be underestimated
  • Options
    If u add zMission instead of someone she assist every zaalbar hit and when she hits se add dots and heal herself/zaalbar they both makes a great combo xD

U can also force zaalbar retribution with palpa unique so those 3 have good sinergy too xD

I run zader L, palpa, mission zaalbar and boba in sith raid p2 and its such a fun team u can add 15-20 dots until enrage so 4-5kk is not that hard...
  • Options
    not as good as you think. sure it sounds like a wonderful idea on paper.
    but on reality, DN L is bad. really bad one. it will be better to put Zaal+Mission in other team, and use Sith with a proper L.
    this sounds cool, but can be easily dealt with, and the HP replacing protection is simply often hurt the team and make it much more vulnerable. so not only that DN L is much worse than many other L you can use, but it can also hurt you and make your team "easy" vs the proper enemies.
    Example will be that you use 5 people, including DN, Vader and Zaalbar (3 huge toons). i bet i can use Zader L, MIssion+Zaal and Sidious, and win this team 4v5, when using 3 toons that you use, and not even DN (which is again, huge, and needed as counter for revan). the DoTs will eat that DN L team, also exposes, plague, chewie, and such. bringing Savage for example as 5th for my Zader team would make it even easier, since he can overpower pretty fast. i think this is saying a lot.
    the fact that i can use 3 of your toons + 1 that is WEAKER than DN, and still win you easily, shows how much lack of synergy that team have, although the idea of perma-taunt sounds cool.
    TW/GA Counters Bot - https://discord.gg/jZH44Hb | Discord: SidiousIsPikachu#5768
  • Options
    I would recommend using mission with big Z always, especially if you get her zeta