GA: Make it permanent

Replies

• Gannon
    1628 posts Member
    Maybe they could just combine it with current arena (obviously keep crystals, etc) and let it run constantly. It would need to be a tad different to accommodate a daily payout system tho.
    Have ppl set their boards once, and they can change it once a day or so, otherwise it just stays the same.
    And every day instead of 5 current pvp matches, you get a pick an enemy, and you can go nuts on their board, or use crystals to change/restart on a different enemy board.
  • Snaklor
    43 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    /signed.

GA is the best measure of your roster against a similar opponent. It’s fun having 3v3, 5v5, and ships all matter in ways that really test your squads top to bottom. Best game mode, please make this permanent!

It would be nice to extend the rewards out some. Shop currency, character shards, credits, etc. It doesn’t have to be a ton, but make it feel more rewarding.
  • +1
  • Liath wrote: »
    People keep saying this and appear to be ignoring the February calendar in which *they are scheduled to run at the same time.*

Except the attack phases don’t overlap. I don’t think that overlap of the join period or setting defenses in GA or TW would conflict with the other one being in the attack phase. Both being in the attack phase would cause a lot of simultaneous serving updating and we just saw the issue with a bunch of simultaneous Revan unlocks overloading the server. Same with TB. The schedule has only the join period of GA overlapping with P6 of TBs.
  • It's a great game mode. The rewards aren't very good for a week's worth of effort.
  • I would love to see more GA. It's fun getting to use all the toons I've spent so much time working on. IMO, it is the most rewarding mode to simply "play", although the rewards are nice too.
  • Should definitely be more often
  • I would prefer GA to regular arena, not saying that the rewards/effort is good enough, but I do think it beats the pack mentality that appears at the top of shards. People at the top can be upset when you beat them.
  • Gannon
    1628 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I would prefer GA to regular arena, not saying that the rewards/effort is good enough, but I do think it beats the pack mentality that appears at the top of shards. People at the top can be upset when you beat them.
    Gannon wrote: »
    Maybe they could just combine it with current arena (obviously keep crystals, etc) and let it run constantly. It would need to be a tad different to accommodate a daily payout system tho.
    Have ppl set their boards once, and they can change it once a day or so, otherwise it just stays the same.
    And every day instead of 5 current pvp matches, you get a pick an enemy, and you can go nuts on their board, or use crystals to change/restart on a different enemy board.

That's what I'm saying lol regular (revan) arena is so outdated and a chore. Put a arena/GA hybrid in it's place! Have everyone set defense boards and players can pick the board they hit just like picking an arena opponent and use everything they have left.
    Post edited by Gannon on
  • I would prefer GA to regular arena, not saying that the rewards/effort is good enough, but I do think it beats the pack mentality that appears at the top of shards. People at the top can be upset when you beat them.

Word - teams keep the top of their arena's like it's their home. I guess CG likes it - since they haven't, ever, shook it up.

Seriously - can we get an Arena season and then a reset? Pretty much every other game in existence does seasons... it's really weak there isn't one in this game.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • I think something should be done to shake things up. A guild mate just switched teams and destroyed the top of his shard, now one member is messaging him, telling him that's not how it works.
  • +1

Also, originally it was mentioned “let’s decide the best in galaxy “ or something like that.

Winners of ga into 2nd ga, winners of 2nd into 3rd
    2-4 places vs 2-4 places into 2nd ga
    Etc
    Etc

This way after a cpl of GAs players with bad rosters will only be matched with same.

With ever increasing awards

After 10 GAs proclaim overall winners in different brackets.

Reset.
  • Neo2551
    1824 posts Member
    I would prefer GA to regular arena, not saying that the rewards/effort is good enough, but I do think it beats the pack mentality that appears at the top of shards. People at the top can be upset when you beat them.

Word - teams keep the top of their arena's like it's their home. I guess CG likes it - since they haven't, ever, shook it up.

Seriously - can we get an Arena season and then a reset? Pretty much every other game in existence does seasons... it's really weak there isn't one in this game.

What is your incentive to farm faster if you know the goal post will always be moved further? I think it is fair to stay in an arena with player who started at the same time as you.
  • I think something should be done to shake things up. A guild mate just switched teams and destroyed the top of his shard, now one member is messaging him, telling him that's not how it works.

There would be mass exits of the game if arena shards were tinkered with.
  • I would rather GA be the primary PvP game mode rather than the Squad Arena. At least you can't make little cartels in the Grand Arena
  • Take away zeta rewards. I'm tired off being destroyed because I leveled every toon to lvl 85 instead of sandbagging.
  • +1 fantastic new mode but rewards need to be improved

And that bothers me how? Arena should be competitive, especially at the higher ranks. Coordination for position among the “elite” is nothing more than cheating.

I really think they just need to shuffle arena shards every once in a while once they reach a certain age. Shard mafias are a real problem.

And that bothers me how? Arena should be competitive, especially at the higher ranks. Coordination for position among the “elite” is nothing more than cheating.

It should bother you because the vast majority of people at the top of the arena who cared enough about the game to create and join shard chats are more often than not the paying customers. Without them, there is no game. Many people talk more and are closer to their shard mates than to the people in their guild. I can quite honestly say that the people in the shard chat are the certainly the primary reason I stay with this game. I’m sure I’m not alone in that sentiment. If arenas were shuffled, many would lose their social incentive to continue playing.

P.S. I also snickered at your belief that a pay to win game, with bad ai where pretty much anyone in the top 25 can beat anyone else, and a horrible reward system based on clock management, should be “competitive”.

It should bother you because the vast majority of people at the top of the arena who cared enough about the game to create and join shard chats are more often than not the paying customers. Without them, there is no game. Many people talk more and are closer to their shard mates than to the people in their guild. I can quite honestly say that the people in the shard chat are the certainly the primary reason I stay with this game. I’m sure I’m not alone in that sentiment. If arenas were shuffled, many would lose their social incentive to continue playing.

P.S. I also snickered at your belief that a pay to win game, with bad ai where pretty much anyone in the top 25 can beat anyone else, and a horrible reward system based on clock management, should be “competitive”.

So you must be one of the people at the top who don’t let anyone else that isn’t in your group win.

So you must be one of the people at the top who don’t let anyone else that isn’t in your group win.

I find it amusing you spoke of a desire for competition and now speak of letting someone win.
  • +1 but change it from 24 hour to 12 hour for setting defense and attacking. 24 hours is just way way too long.
  • SiFuLee wrote: »
    +1 but change it from 24 hour to 12 hour for setting defense and attacking. 24 hours is just way way too long.

That’s difficult to do in a global game. Someone sleeps for 8 hours then has to get up commute and hit morning meetings. Bam 12 hours.
    +1 but change it from 24 hour to 12 hour for setting defense and attacking. 24 hours is just way way too long.

That’s difficult to do in a global game. Someone sleeps for 8 hours then has to get up commute and hit morning meetings. Bam 12 hours.

That's true, maybe they can keep our defenses for all rounds then ie set defenses once. I would be okay with that.
    SiFuLee wrote: »

That's true, maybe they can keep our defenses for all rounds then ie set defenses once. I would be okay with that.

I’d be cool with that. Granted that takes away potential strategy for each individual round, but I think that’s a minor negative...
    SiFuLee wrote: »

No, I want to be able to change what teams I set on defense each round. I want to be able to put a NS team on defense against a player that doesn’t have any counters to it, or use it on offense if they have a good counter to attack with, such as troopers. It is all a part of strategy in GA.