Is it called (Squad) Arena or "who has more luck on revan mods"

Hi There - i know there was alwas a meta .. and yes i know - im stupid that i didnt gone for revan ...

but at all its not fun anymore in the arena since revan returned - i play top 50 and only can talk about that "range" but the arena has changed a lot - 80% of the top 50 have revan .. and its growing every day... so i can see soon its only the "REVAreNa" leftover ...

nest got "fixed" that it dont work anymore against revan
Zombi got fixed ...
Traya has almost no chance ...
the sith "month" is gone

im frustrated now .. but i think its not the good way to let there only 1 team in top XXX

thx

Replies

• CLS
    NS
    Finn
    can all beat Revan teams, even Treya can beat them with decent RNG
  • LynnYoda wrote: »
    CLS
    NS
    Finn

Yes, then you fall back to top500

• yeah thats so true, everyone who uses those teams to get top 5 at their payout have to climb from 500 every single day.......................
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    can't really talk about "more luck on revan mods" if you don't have revan...
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nemman wrote: »
    LynnYoda wrote: »
    CLS
    NS
    Finn

Yes, then you fall back to top500

I unlocked Revan but I find too boring to play thes mirror matches (that I often loose due to non-godlike mods), so I'm staying with my previous team: zzCLS, zHan, zChuwe, zzR2, zC-3PO, and I can stay in top 50.
    Sometimes I defeat Revan, sometimes not, but all other CLS teams and Traya teams are my joy.
  • Rewind 12 or so months and replace 'Revan' with 'CLS'.
    CLS
    NS
    Finn

not quite correct:
    NS
    C3PO
    can all...

And regarding the comment with the CLS meta: bad enough they didn't learn anything out of that. Its no black or white thing. No need to remove or completely change the kit. But a slight tweak could be in place if you look at the numbers...
  • Lots still attack with Traya.

Revan v Revan can come down to mods but Traya with Bastila can negate top Revan squads
  • If you're having trouble with not enough speed on your mods, you can try running JTR with droids. BB8 can give you the speed boost you need to go before Revan. Works great if it truly is ALL Revans. Course, JTR is terrible against Traya, so there's that...
  • Haha! Yes arena has become super lame since Revan, and the Nest "fix"...
    yeah thats so true, everyone who uses those teams to get top 5 at their payout have to climb from 500 every single day.......................

Not so. My revan stays in 1200s while my palp gets to 500s
  • I think everyone knew what was coming when Revan's re-release came about. It's no surprise things look like they do. It's unfortunate, especially with the "fun factor" of Revan mirrors, but it's predictable. I *think* much was learned from the CLS era, and I *think* we're going to see some interesting things happen within the next few weeks. There's a fine balance to walk here; CG needs to provide enough time for new Revan owners to feel like it was worth gearing him (from an arena perspective - he's definitely worth gearing) but not too much time where the meta becomes stale. End of February or earlier sounds about right.

I beg to differ on mods - mods seem to have some bearing on the outcome of Revan mirrors, but by no means do they dictate victory - timing of specific events seems to be more important - saying this as someone who has beat better modded Revan teams and has been timed out against lesser modded Revan teams on two different shards.
  • Your first sentence was EOT
  • I'm on a launch shard and just got Revan this time around.

Has it made a difference? Barely. I ran either Trium/GAT/Badstilla or CLS/C3PO/Han/Chewie and got in the top 10 every day. Took more attempts, true. And top 5 was possible depending on who was in my way/if I wanted to use refreshes.

Now I've got Revan I'll finish 1st or 2nd every day. Big thing is dropping to 15 instead of dropping to 45. So it's less effort and less refreshes. But if you've got time to play a few times extra a day, you should be fine.
  • Everyone has had more than enough time to farm mods. People chose to farm other things instead? That’s their decision and thus their fault
    I AM the High Ground
  • tanki60o wrote: »
    Everyone has had more than enough time to farm mods. People chose to farm other things instead? That’s their decision and thus their fault

Not entirely true -

Farming a toon or gear - either the shard/item drops or it doesn't. Hit enough times and you'll get there.

Mods? So much RNG. You need to get the mod of the right set, at the right star level, with the right primary.

THEN you need to have the right sub (SPEED).

THEN you need the mod to improve the right sub (SPEED).

THEN you need the mod to improve the right sub 3 more times (SPEED).

Win the lotto once? Great. Do it 5 more times and then you have a good Revan. Wait - there's 4 more toons on an arena team?.......
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • i was beating revan every day in arena since he was released and every day i took first if i had time to play (https://swgoh.gg/p/557551868/). at start i was using traya L, dn, sion, thrawn and ep, later i switched ep for nest. some loss could happen but was pretty rare and i could beat EVERY revan on my shard, even those with crazy 320+ speeds. doesnt look like traya has almost no chance. besides that u can also use badstila with traya, she make it easier to beat revan too and c3po under jtr/finn/cls lead can beat revan too. dont cry and l2p.
  • "Traya has almost no chance ..."
    Yeah, that's why I have like a 95% win rate, I don't care about my opponent having a 322 speed Revan and I'm beating him faster than I'd probably do with my Revan squad.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I personally have 7* G12 Chewie and C3PO and I have my **** handed to me by ~ 290 speed Revans. They take out Chewie and that's it - you lack the DPS and assists to get around foresight from tiny grinch.
    Only way I can try to negate that is by very fast r2 to hide them.

Before these used to be top 15 in the shard, now they're top 60.

:sigh: I'm not sure whether remod and switch to JTR or just wait out till the meta changes...
  • Speed is not the end all be all with revan mirror matches. I routinely beat revans 20 speed faster than me
  • Rake6
    442 posts Member
    Grievance is coming. Patience my friend.