Is this game getting old and stale????

How many of you mastered all the light/dark side battles for all the tables and beaten most of the events and raids for the 500th time!! I have suggested to the dev’s that instead of another toon/ship release that will take forever to farm why not develop more levels to play. We spend hours and months sometimes years trying to equip our favorite characters and even some of those we hate but why do we do all this if there is no place to actually use any of them. I just think that the game has gotten stale and I am hoping some of you feel the same way and let the developers know that we are getting bored and need something new!!!

Replies

• Liath
    5140 posts Member
    The place they are giving you to use them is Grand Arena and TW. That’s the current end game content.
  • The HSTR is still endgame content that the average guilds can't beat. Most guilds aren't maxing TB so is argue that they've not mastered that either. That said, PvE does feel more stable to me than PvP which is where most of the diversity and strategy seems to be lately.
    https://swgoh.gg/u/ionastarbound/
    Discord: Iona Starbound#5299
  • Long answer:
    The game improve itself constantly with new toons, new game modes, plenty of QoL changes.

CG is really good when it's about making money, we all agree, but is really good about hearing the playerbase (look at the last Road Ahead).

Tbh GA alone, just to name one game mode recently introduced, is something so good for using your toons and learn and improve and have fun and meet people.
    And you can experiment a lot! Nobody has still mastered all the possible comp / counter you can have in GA, especially 3v3.

Is the game funny for me? Hell, yeah!
    Can the game be better? Yes.
    Has the game gotten stale? No.

My 2 cents
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Liath wrote: »
    The place they are giving you to use them is Grand Arena and TW. That’s the current end game content.

This + the meta switches in arena are still fun imo
    switching to revan wasn't that much fun admittedly, but i'm looking forward to the next meta.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Tarah
    202 posts Member
    It ù asd tables they become old in a Week, no point to do that....
  • Liath wrote: »

Yes and no. The problem with this statement is that teams like Revan and Traya have very few counters. An army of g12 CUPs won’t beat 1 Revan team. So gearing up ancillary characters specifically for TW or GA is only applicable when you put them against other teams of ancillary characters.

Hopefully these events will be better now that Revan has come out again and most people have him.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

Yes and no. The problem with this statement is that teams like Revan and Traya have very few counters. An army of g12 CUPs won’t beat 1 Revan team. So gearing up ancillary characters specifically for TW or GA is only applicable when you put them against other teams of ancillary characters.

Hopefully these events will be better now that Revan has come out again and most people have him.

And more levels the OP is proposing are supposed to solve that? If they open a new level you send your best available team to 3* it so you can sim it, you don’t send your CUP. If you really want to play with CUP send him into GW or manually play a LS node instead of simming it. The game isn’t stale because they aren’t providing you with your ideal CUP proving ground.
  • Good post. No one is truly wrong here, but I have to agree. I've been playing since the game started and would like to see more new content. not just once in a long while a new game mode. there is so much that can be done. ship raid anyone ? more capital ships and pve ship missions ? another friggin planet for territory battles at least ? they can keep t.b. the same sure just change the planet at least yes ? some details go a long way

And more levels the OP is proposing are supposed to solve that? If they open a new level you send your best available team to 3* it so you can sim it, you don’t send your CUP. If you really want to play with CUP send him into GW or manually play a LS node instead of simming it. The game isn’t stale because they aren’t providing you with your ideal CUP proving ground.

I read the OP’s post as asking for more content and suggesting new pve missions as an example. My comment was in response to your suggestion that TW and GA fix the OP’s complaint. If the OP’s favorite character is CUP (or more likely Mace or some other worthless but memorable character) then TW and GA doesn’t really address the situation.

Personally, I’d love to g12 mace and a lot of other Jedi, but there’s really no reason (and mace as a crew member for yesterday’s ship meta again doesn’t address this).
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member

I read the OP’s post as asking for more content and suggesting new pve missions as an example. My comment was in response to your suggestion that TW and GA fix the OP’s complaint. If the OP’s favorite character is CUP (or more likely Mace or some other worthless but memorable character) then TW and GA doesn’t really address the situation.

Personally, I’d love to g12 mace and a lot of other Jedi, but there’s really no reason (and mace as a crew member for yesterday’s ship meta again doesn’t address this).

The OP complained that because he has beaten all the nodes and raids there is no dynamic place to use the characters he’s developing. My point was just that GA and TW are meant to be that place - they constantly evolve alongside the new meta/as you and your guild progress, and they give you an opportunity to use and fight a lot of different teams. You still might not find a use for CUP or Mace, but new pve content is unlikely to provide such a use for them either. Your issue seems to be geared more toward game balance, which I don’t see as being particularly related to this thread.

That is the problem. Not everyone is pvp.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Mark2theb wrote: »

That is the problem. Not everyone is pvp.

That's a choice though. If you chose to ignore a rather large portion of the game because that's not your cup of tea, you can't in good conscience complain that the game is getting old and stale.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Im trying to be constructive. Some will take it as rude.

If the game is stale then youre maxing TB and never los a GA or TW... If thays the case then you and moat of your guild arr P2P... Try NOT paying for a few months. Being FTP. Is really interesting.
  • Nikoms565
    14242 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Fleet? Yes. Stale and amazingly, getting worse. Everything else is fine. Although the recent attempts to "spice up" TW have been a pretty strong fail. But TB, GA, and sane TW are still enjoyable. As are some of the new events.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*