GoH old player having difficulties with arena meta.

Nobody seems to have an answer, but i played GoH since its release and decided to pause my activity in the game in several moments due to real life problems, i really like this game because im a Star Wars fan so i come back whenever i can but every time i realize it is getting more difficult to play because my arena server keeps going up with the actual meta. Can i get any kind of help in this matter or im just doomed as clone 99? :s

Thanks for your time.

s-l300.jpg

Replies

• I’m in the same boat
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    If you want specific help you need to share your .gg profile so people can see what you’re working with. If you’re asking for a way to change shards, then you’re correct that nobody can help you with that. When you take long breaks you’re naturally going to be behind your shard. Eventually you can catch a meta or counter-meta and be in decent shape, if you have good mods. Or you can restart.
  • No_Try
    4051 posts Member
    What's the question?

Arena has always been the hardest to keep up with. If you can't catch the most recent meta, skip it and make preparations for the future. For example the rumored upcoming metas are GG droids and DS Revan. Unless you are on the path and have a good pile of crystals to burn it's probably too late to catch DS Revan already. You should have a back catalogue of droids since you are long termer. Maybe you can make good of GG, but it's hard to say if it will be good enough to reach the highest echelons of meta or if it will be good without the soon to be released 2 new droids.

Or settle with whatever you can get in the arena and keep developing your half baked teams. And keep waiting for the meta you can catch due to previous investments. There are a few factions waiting there as low hanging fruit that they can employ for legendary events, jawas, clones etc.

Lastly it's still good to lay out the foundations of current metas. i.e. Cls keeps coming back since released, Revan will similarly come back whenever new good Jedis get released (he didn't go yet, but soon(tm) xD), Traya will come back with other siths/DS toons.
  • I like what he said above. I’ll also add that if you want to focus on being the best in arena, you really need good luck or a huge wad of cash when the next meta comes around. If you like the game as a whole, then whatever the meta is not really a problem for you. I took about 8 or 9 months off about s year ago, and I came back and was back in the swing of things in no time. I don’t have Revan and won’t for a while, but I still am able to progress and focus on other factions. It helps in TW, TB, GA, etc. being in a fun guild makes a huge difference too.

All in all, I think that you can kinda do what you want in this game and have fun with it as long as being Numero uno in the arena isn’t your goal.

You can also plan for the future. For example, my best teams currently are the First Order, Resistance, and Bounty Hunters. We have less than a year till Ep. IX, and there is no doubt in my mind that we will get some meta shifting characters before or around the time the movie is released. I’ll be ready for it, all the while having excellent teams for all areas of the game outside of the top 100 in my shard.

Go. Have fun. Find a new guild if you have to do you can enjoy the game.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    Arena is always going to be dominated by the people who never stop playing, always chase the new hot team, and probably spend some money as well.

One of the reasons people recommend restarts for returning players is that you get placed in a new arena shard, so you aren't trying to catch up with 3-year veterans.

I came back after not playing for a year or so, and chose not to restart because I'd already 7-starred some solid characters and didn't want to throw away my progress. I wouldn't say I regret the decision exactly, but it definitely came with a penalty as far as arena performance - the team I'd easily held top 50 with wasn't good for jack, and it took me nearly another year to get back into top 50, by getting a reasonably decked-out Revan team together.

I still have zero hope of cracking top ten, because I missed a year of farming mods and just can't compete with the people who have their entire team modded for 275+ speed. I'm OK with it, I'm just telling you so that you know you're unlikely to ever do particularly great in arena unless you spend a LOT of money to try and catch up - and even then, you're still at the mercy of RNG when it comes to getting good mods.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• The question was for looking some guidance with the meta problem. Thanks for your replys now i got a few good ideas to start with. My favorite character is General Grievous and like so many players before we have been praying for a rework that is now happily moving, so i will work something with that. If you want to add more intel and tips here is my GoH profile (i came back after mod update, so im already working on it)

Ally Code: 883-975-684
  • Grievous is my favorite too! Have him all worked up for the coming rework
  • My advice would be to stockpile gear, wait for a meta shift that involves characters you already have, then drop the gear and rise to the top of arena. Then you will have the crystal income to support yourself going forward.
  • Jarvind
    3920 posts Member
    My advice would be to stockpile gear, wait for a meta shift that involves characters you already have, then drop the gear and rise to the top of arena. Then you will have the crystal income to support yourself going forward.

This can also backfire, as the described shift may occur, but be dependent on a new legendary who requires newer characters to acquire.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png