Need help understanding my Arena team

CarSickShoe
199 posts Member
edited February 2019
I just realized that I don't know how my team works 😂. My lineup (with base speeds) is RJT (280), BB8 (296), R2 (272), C-3po (251), and Nest (183). Turn order is always BB8 (296) -> Rey (280) -> R2 (272) and the rest doesn't matter. BB8 uses secret Intel, Rey mind tricks, R2 uses smokescreen.

What I don't get is why Rey is going before R2? Bb8 and R2 both get 24% TM at the start of the battle, so I think bb8 has ~389 starting speed and R2 should have ~358 (speed / .76). BB8 goes first and uses secret Intel, which give Rey 16% TM for ~333 speed (speed / .84) for 2 allies gaining secret intel. I'm obviously missing something or doing my math wrong. Is there another source of TM gain that I'm missing?

Just to be clear - I'm not looking to change the turn order because this is the order I want. I just want to know how quick I can make R2 before he starts moving before RJT without having to do trial and error.

Swgoh.gg if it helps: https://swgoh.gg/p/923219615/

Replies

• So when BB8 uses covert data transfer he gives secret intel to himself and someone else.

After the ability is finished, he then gains Secret Intel from the person he gave it to since he just used a special ability, hence secret intel is given out 3 times every time he uses covert data transfer (barring some buff preventing mechanic/debuff).
  • Ah, that would do it. I didn't realize secret Intel applied 3 times from BB8's first turn!

Well that makes the math easy then - just need to keep R2's base speed slower than RJT's to keep keep the turn order.

Thanks @Woodroward
  • Going against teams with Nihilus maybe? Could be that BB8 is getting health down which would give RJT another 8% tm. Other than that I’m not sure.
  • Never mind, good explanation from @Woodroward. I learned something new
  • So there is a problem with staring turn order on JTR if:
    You have a non-resistance member on your team.
    JTR only gains 8% tm when Resistance allies gain SI
    This means that if BB8 gives SI to Nest, JTR will gain 16% tm.
    If anyone else gets it, it will be 24% tm.