Kit Reveal: Emperor's Shuttle

Replies

  • Seems kinda disappointing. This is hardly a counter to Falcon.
  • Jarvind
    2259 posts Member
    Would've been interesting pre-Falcon, paired up with the Extinction Bomber and possibly Sith Fighter. As things are currently though, I don't see anything here that would help against the Falcon's brutal first-turn Assist Festival, so I won't be in any particular rush to get it.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    not a game changer or meta shiftier, maybe if he could target any ship even hidden/stealth'd

    It looks like he turns Empire and sith enemies into Hound's Tooth.
  • Minsk400 wrote: »
    Boomer8800 wrote: »
    not a game changer or meta shiftier, maybe if he could target any ship even hidden/stealth'd

    It looks like he turns Empire and sith enemies into Hound's Tooth.

    Against mediocre damage, yes. But each M F attack deals over 100k dmg, instantly defeating a ship, not allowing this prot up to kick in. This is a fun ship, but not meta material.
  • Hmm...this may have been a game changer pre Falcon. Sith/Empire are going to make for a very nice secondary TW/GA team. But I don’t see how this stops the Falcon. Unless there is a Sith Capital ship coming soon that pushes them up even further...
  • I'm excited for the ship and the alt-way to farm... but my one issue - the only thing I really hate about this is what we WON'T be getting now....
    This darling...
    royal_guard_tie_interceptor_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d735syc.jpg
    I was really hoping we'd see that.... but nope, he's lost to this shuttle forever now.

    Yeah, the missed a great opportunity for this. Look how gorgeous that thing is. So sad.
    CLONE HELMETS!! Now let's get Sabine her epic helmet.
  • crzydroid
    4534 posts Moderator
    Am I the only one who thinks this is trash?
    Prot up on critical hit sounds great.. Up until the point you realise both b28 and epalpshuttle are crit immune..........

    I don't see where b28 is crit immune. It has 25% crit avoidance, but if the other team gets a bunch of crit chance boosts, there is still a good chance of a crit. So either the crit fails and you take normal damage, or it crits with reduced damage from the crit damage down AND you get 40% protection up. Sounds like a nice deal.
  • Roken_Fett wrote: »
    I'm excited for the ship and the alt-way to farm... but my one issue - the only thing I really hate about this is what we WON'T be getting now....
    This darling...
    royal_guard_tie_interceptor_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d735syc.jpg
    I was really hoping we'd see that.... but nope, he's lost to this shuttle forever now.

    Yeah, the missed a great opportunity for this. Look how gorgeous that thing is. So sad.

    Right? They couldn't have just used the basic Storm trooper?
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Seems a little underwhelming, but since this is the first unit released under a new method, maybe that's not a bad thing.
    xSWCr - Nov '15 shard - swgoh.gg kalidor-m
  • Well seems like a good anti-HT and anti-HMF unit. Why are people not excited about this?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Well seems like a good anti-HT and anti-HMF unit. Why are people not excited about this?

    Not sure, I certainly am excited. Finally get a full Sith fleet, minus the capital that is.
  • Lio
    546 posts Member
    Mikek wrote: »
    Seems kinda disappointing. This is hardly a counter to Falcon.

    Where did people get this idea that this needed to be a counter to Falcon?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Well seems like a good anti-HT and anti-HMF unit. Why are people not excited about this?

    What makes you say that about the Falcon?
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Well seems like a good anti-HT and anti-HMF unit. Why are people not excited about this?

    What makes you say that about the Falcon?

    Basically gives a HT-light protection up ability to all empire and Sith, which will reduce damage from mass assists. And giving TFP prot up should increase life and dodge chances.

    Not sure about how his buff immunity will work but combined with Vader ability block and timed right may be able to shut the falcon down. Guess you would need Cassian as first reinforce... We will see.

    @Bulldog1205 if you are who I think you are, I really like your TW videos, btw.
  • Boomer8800 wrote: »
    not a game changer or meta shiftier, maybe if he could target any ship even hidden/stealth'd

    Stealthed ships **** me off too "no ship that small has a cloaking device"
  • VonZant wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Well seems like a good anti-HT and anti-HMF unit. Why are people not excited about this?

    What makes you say that about the Falcon?

    Basically gives a HT-light protection up ability to all empire and Sith, which will reduce damage from mass assists. And giving TFP prot up should increase life and dodge chances.

    Not sure about how his buff immunity will work but combined with Vader ability block and timed right may be able to shut the falcon down. Guess you would need Cassian as first reinforce... We will see.

    @Bulldog1205 if you are who I think you are, I really like your TW videos, btw.

    Yep, that’s me. I appreciate it!

    Palp shuttle + Bomber will absolutely be an incredible tank. If you can get it started I think it would work well against rebels, but I think you need to get the Falcon dazed, and I’m not sure they can withstand an opening barrage that a Bistan/Falcon/Biggs group throws at you. I’m kind of shocked they made it Protection up and not protection recovery, given the Falcon was designed to bust through that protection up.

    The combo I think can be extremely annoying is Palp + TFP with no other empire/Sith on board. Then Palp will give TFP taunt.
  • VonZant
    3721 posts Member
    Can any other ship daze besides resistance X? I tested it last night and showed a little promise but mine is only g9.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Can any other ship daze besides resistance X? I tested it last night and showed a little promise but mine is only g9.

    Poe, B28, and Resistance X wing
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Can any other ship daze besides resistance X? I tested it last night and showed a little promise but mine is only g9.

    Poe’s X-wing and the Sith bomber.
  • 4* unlock.

  • I'm excited for the ship and the alt-way to farm... but my one issue - the only thing I really hate about this is what we WON'T be getting now....
    This darling...
    royal_guard_tie_interceptor_ortho_by_unusualsuspex-d735syc.jpg
    I was really hoping we'd see that.... but nope, he's lost to this shuttle forever now.

    My thoughts exactly.
    The empire lacks a real tank. That would have been a great opportunity.

    But hey... Palpy had more than one Royal Guard at his side. So there still could be a Tie Interceptor guarding the Shuttle...
  • VonZant wrote: »
    VonZant wrote: »
    Well seems like a good anti-HT and anti-HMF unit. Why are people not excited about this?

    What makes you say that about the Falcon?

    Basically gives a HT-light protection up ability to all empire and Sith, which will reduce damage from mass assists. And giving TFP prot up should increase life and dodge chances.

    Not sure about how his buff immunity will work but combined with Vader ability block and timed right may be able to shut the falcon down. Guess you would need Cassian as first reinforce... We will see.

    @Bulldog1205 if you are who I think you are, I really like your TW videos, btw.

    Palp shuttle + Bomber will absolutely be an incredible tank. If you can get it started I think it would work well against rebels, but I think you need to get the Falcon dazed, and I’m not sure they can withstand an opening barrage that a Bistan/Falcon/Biggs group throws at you. I’m kind of shocked they made it Protection up and not protection recovery, given the Falcon was designed to bust through that protection up. .

    This clearly makes them a bad tank, not an incredible tank. How will you prevent the opening barrage of an m f rebel squad? You know, from the ship that is the fastest cap ship in the game?
    Also, whats preventing m f rebela to bring in their own cassian and blow up palpmobile at any time?
    And yes, prot up doesnt do anything against m f, which dispells it first and then deals damage.
    Lastly, m f dispells 3 debuffs, so having concussion mine, target lock, buff immunity (thrawn maas debuff, tarkin expose, abi block..) etc in the kit will only trigger the m f ability, auto cleansing their mates.
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Faffyd wrote: »
    Royal guard flying the thing sounds almost as silly as the if the emperor were flying it.

    Does tarkin fly his ship?

    Doe mace fly his?

    Just because you play mobile games doesn't mean you have the right to be stupid. Tarkin is a fleet commander

    And so is Mace.......
    If we want to be particular about that, actually Admiral Yularan would have to be on that capital ship. He was the actual Fleet Admiral in command, Windu just always made himself look important. :D

    Actually the new ship seems decent, though it is not exactly a beauty. I am nevertheless looking forward to it, more Empire is always a good thing! Could be a great counter to the boring HT line-ups to speed things up a little.
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Am I the only one who thinks this is trash?
    Prot up on critical hit sounds great.. Up until the point you realise both b28 and epalpshuttle are crit immune..........

    Yeah, a little underwhelming on paper but it'll do well against HT. I'm still curious to see it in action.

    Underwhelming seriously whats wrong with you guys..... palp makes EVERY sith/Empire ship a hounds tooth i said this would have to happen for sith to be viable...... gotta fight 5 hounds teeth now..... soooooooooooooo ridiculous......
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    Its viable at any star basically sith are a straight up TIMEoUT fleet now
  • Jarvind
    2259 posts Member
    Lio wrote: »
    Mikek wrote: »
    Seems kinda disappointing. This is hardly a counter to Falcon.

    Where did people get this idea that this needed to be a counter to Falcon?

    If you're at the top of your fleet shard, the only thing that matters right now is Falcon/Rebel fleets. Trying to beat them with anything other than a mirror team is pure luck because of the insane beatdown they deliver on their opening move.
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    Jarvind wrote: »
    Lio wrote: »
    Mikek wrote: »
    Seems kinda disappointing. This is hardly a counter to Falcon.

    Where did people get this idea that this needed to be a counter to Falcon?

    If you're at the top of your fleet shard, the only thing that matters right now is Falcon/Rebel fleets. Trying to beat them with anything other than a mirror team is pure luck because of the insane beatdown they deliver on their opening move.

    True but 3-4 HT gaining prot up every attack mixxed with mass healing, daze, foresight random taunts (good/bad) is ONE big damage dealer from being meta.... the hounds tooth protection gain on all ships makes thrawns ultimate viable again..

    If youndont kill emperor fast every other ship becomes semi immortal....

    Cassian is alrady vital... i think he is 10x more vital you gotta kill shuttle fast or your faceing an automatic timeout
  • Dk_rek wrote: »

    True but 3-4 HT gaining prot up every attack mixxed with mass healing, daze, foresight random taunts (good/bad) is ONE big damage dealer from being meta.... the hounds tooth protection gain on all ships makes thrawns ultimate viable again..

    If youndont kill emperor fast every other ship becomes semi immortal....

    Cassian is alrady vital... i think he is 10x more vital you gotta kill shuttle fast or your faceing an automatic timeout

    To quote Tarkin, "I think you overestimate their chances."
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Dk_rek
    3124 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

    True but 3-4 HT gaining prot up every attack mixxed with mass healing, daze, foresight random taunts (good/bad) is ONE big damage dealer from being meta.... the hounds tooth protection gain on all ships makes thrawns ultimate viable again..

    If youndont kill emperor fast every other ship becomes semi immortal....

    Cassian is alrady vital... i think he is 10x more vital you gotta kill shuttle fast or your faceing an automatic timeout

    To quote Tarkin, "I think you overestimate their chances."
    Dk_rek wrote: »

    True but 3-4 HT gaining prot up every attack mixxed with mass healing, daze, foresight random taunts (good/bad) is ONE big damage dealer from being meta.... the hounds tooth protection gain on all ships makes thrawns ultimate viable again..

    If youndont kill emperor fast every other ship becomes semi immortal....

    Cassian is alrady vital... i think he is 10x more vital you gotta kill shuttle fast or your faceing an automatic timeout

    To quote Tarkin, "I think you overestimate their chances."

    How did that work out for him
Sign In or Register to comment.