Arena Improvements

I am finally in the more competitive portion of the arena and have actually been enjoying it lately. I do know that there are some out there that are tired and bored with arena.
What do you guys want to see as an improvement that would help with this?
I was thinking that it would be pretty cool to see an attack log of sorts that would display the team that attacked you successfully or unsuccessfully. What do you think?

Replies

• 1) Daily battle log would be awesome

2) Would like to see a different payout system that would allow for fair play.

3) Get rid of the everything wins on offense due to easy AI. I and I'm sure everyone else doesn't want perfect AI, but one that plays better than the current system.

4)DIVERSITY, DIVERSITY & DIVERSITY

I still enjoy the arena but nowhere near as much as I did back in the beginning. Building a solid team was fun but got kind of moot when I seen how terrible my team played on defense.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Improvement I would love to see is a slider showing all available opponents, not just the highest one plus some random choice. I understand that it would be impractical for lower ranks, but it would be very helpful in top 50 or so, where the max jump is around 10 positions. Having to refresh until you see what you have available is annoying.
  • 1) Daily battle log would be awesome

3) Get rid of the everything wins on offense due to easy AI. I and I'm sure everyone else doesn't want perfect AI, but one that plays better than the current system.

I still enjoy the arena but nowhere near as much as I did back in the beginning. Building a solid team was fun but got kind of moot when I seen how terrible my team played on defense.

What do u mean by "fair play"? What isn't fair currently?

I don't see major changes to AI to make it better, just small tweaks to specific characters' AI.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    1) Daily battle log would be awesome

1 yes
    2 yes
    3 no- i get whales wanna sit in 1st and not have to click battle button to collect daily prize....
    already impossible for a lot of ppl to ever hold top spots... making it impossible to climb is bad for the game IMO
    4 already have but Yes
  • 3) Get rid of the everything wins on offense due to easy AI. I and I'm sure everyone else doesn't want perfect AI, but one that plays better than the current system.
    I would love to see improved AI as well. Have the devs ever stated how the current AI works? Would really like to know.
  • Corruptor wrote: »
    https://youtu.be/KsbiEhlUWLM

Look here, perfect example, yoda gets called to assist, uses second skill, uses third skill then uses basic? Last time I checked he doesn’t get bonus Tm on his third skill but Yep, only happens on whale accounts. Explain this please??? Oh yea, won’t get one lmao.

Nah, that's only because your characters are slow as snails. Everyone has very low tm while Yoda is attacking, so his bar fills first, even without bonus tm. Trust me, I fight this teams every day
  • I’m not sure if this is the right place for this comment. But here it goes. I’ve been playing this game since summer of 2014. (I know a long time) I have loved this game until the most recent Revan event. If I didn’t farm the correct characters in time or refused to spend 100s of dollars to farm these characters I have just been bumped from top 50 to barely reaching 200 in arena. People create second accounts and just farm the few characters needed to be at the top of arena. 5 years I’ve been playing this game!!! 5!!! and because I don’t have revan, treya, new millenium falcon or want to spend 100s of dollars to get them I am now obsolete. I think it’s ridiculous to base your entire game around a handful of characters. I understand there are other events but they are so few and far between that I have slowly lost interest. So I’m going to be hanging up my light Sabre and moving on. I’m sure there are many other players like me. You’re forcing everyone to follow a path instead of making the game enjoyable. You make it stressful and nerve wracking. Thanks for the 5 years but this game is no longer enjoyable for me.
    Ally code 785-816-786
  • Voltarc
    103 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Not really tired of arena....I’m one of those guys that literally likes everything in the game...but I hate how the matchups seem to put me up against the whales. I have 9 characters at gear 13, 4 of those are pilots for my arena fleet the rest are for my arena squad. I keep getting matched against 17 to 40+ gear 13 characters. I can beat most any team with my palpitine lead sith team....but these matches are insane. I have to hope my opponent makes a major mistake or does not play. I have a ton of mid level characters waiting for key gear and when they announced grand arena I expected I might get to use these guys. Instead the format focuses on putting killer meta and near meta teams up front to bottleneck the front line...and it generally takes an equivalent or greater number of meta teams to overcome. You can burn through 30 of the mid level teams and not make a dent in the high level health stealing characters needed for the top levels of arena...and I’m not seeing any formats that require characters to go deep into there rosters.... so I’m a bit ticked that straight GP matchups makes me fodder for the whales. If you want to kill off the players who try everything...just leave grand arena the way it is. Otherwise please open it up so a larger roster can be reasonably used...and no attacking gear 13 characters with gear 10 teams IS NOT a reasonable use. (Ya some one is going to say I can use my whole roster). Anyone who has played territory wars knows how a few meta teams placed in the right place can stop 20 teams with no damage...so don’t play dumb.