Payout hour icon on arena teams

How about they put an icon or something to let you know what teams are in their payout hour. Some people will be jerks but I think most will at least try to avoid knocking players out of their payouts

Replies

• Good idea. ... wait
    Why do I know the po hour of my shard mates already 🤔
  • Stick
    647 posts Member

You’re not a **** for just doing your battles in arena against whoever you think you can match or beat. How about they just take names off of the people you face in arena and just have the teams show, that way no one can even connect to the other people in the shard. And they can just play the game as intended instead of this let’s hold hands and sing songs together, we can all get rewards together biz.

Kalano wrote: »
    Good idea. ... wait
    Because you were given participation awards as a kid for last place in sports.
    You’re afraid of competition , and you want everything to be fair instead of seeing a challenge.
  • Wow. You know everything about me 😮
  • Good idea, should avoid allot of conflict. Minimize frustration maximize prosperity.
  • Stick wrote: »
    You’re not a **** for just doing your battles in arena against whoever you think you can match or beat. How about they just take names off of the people you face in arena and just have the teams show, that way no one can even connect to the other people in the shard. And they can just play the game as intended instead of this let’s hold hands and sing songs together, we can all get rewards together biz.

Good idea. ... wait
    You’re afraid of competition , and you want everything to be fair instead of seeing a challenge.

Pfft this game has milked tens of thousands if not hundreds of thousands from some people. Nothing wrong in sharing top ranks. Especially now that people in congested payouts have moved their timezone to Tonga or Western Samoa.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Agree with op
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Agree with op - great idea. Though also agree with anyone who's been active for more than a few months should already have contact with shard mates to agree on PO's.

Regarding the challenge... I can beat everyone in my shard within 3mins - do I have the best team? No - I'm just better on offense than the AI is on defense. Same goes for most others in the top10 or so. Do I need to prove that I'm up to the challenge by sniping everyone for the hell of it? No - easier to coordinate payouts so I can get back to top spot with the least amount of fuss without worrying about having to spend another 50-100 crystals to hold position in case I get sniped at the last second.

You want a good challenge... GA gives us more of a level playing field with no chance of sniping
  • Worst idea ever for my shard, we have somebody who makes it their life goal to snipe everyone at their payouts, and now that we can change our po he can no longer do that.
    Yes this is a game but their are players who are nasty just doe the fun of it.
    Looking for 1 member with 3.5m+ GP roster to help in GEO TB; we are 185m guild who are 70-6 in TW.
  • Worst idea ever for my shard, we have somebody who makes it their life goal to snipe everyone at their payouts, and now that we can change our po he can no longer do that.
    Yes this is a game but their are players who are nasty just doe the fun of it.

Brace yourself for the influx of “just join a chat and get along” also the influx of “just talk to h8m and it will work out” lol,
  • But, regarding the payout icon, That would be one of the worst ideas out there.
  • RandomSithLord
    2325 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    jloff wrote: »
    Agree with op - great idea. Though also agree with anyone who's been active for more than a few months should already have contact with shard mates to agree on PO's.

I've been active for over three years and I'm not part of a shard chat. Perhaps there is one for top 20 on my shard, I don't care.
    I can easily break top 50 and stay there with Traya and when I want an extra refresh I can climb up to 10. Perhaps I'd reap more benefits with a pre-defined spot every day, but personally I find the whole concept of a shard chat disgusting (and I'm definitely not the only one).
    It takes out the whole competition from that area of the game and it would be great if at some point CG would find a way to eliminate this issue (like hiding names in arena, or using a random generated number that has nothing to do with ally code and that is only good for reporting cheaters, but not for finding other players).
  • I've always wanted the complete opposite - complete absence of information so you don't know who you're fighting. I want it so it'd be much more difficult to form shard chats, which I find as bad as you do sniping. An absence of info would satisfy us both though as it would be nothing more than coincidence if someone took your rank at any given point, but it would also prevent the problem above of someone using your time marker to purposely snipe you.
  • yawn...boooring
  • Squad arena is for holding hands and getting crystals so that we can all play the game without spending money. It’s not for competition.
  • interesting view points
  • I don't find arena particularly challenging as everyone within the same rank range can generally beat each other, so the competitiveness of arena comes down to your strategy of avoiding being sniped at payout.

I'm a big fan of grand arena as it's more strategic and not based on a payout time. Would be great to see if that could be shortened into a 1-2 day event and become the dominant game mode (ie. with crystal rewards). Another alternative would be to take your highest arena rank in each 24hr period so it doesn't matter when your payout is.
  • dominiQC wrote: »
    jloff wrote: »
    Agree with op - great idea. Though also agree with anyone who's been active for more than a few months should already have contact with shard mates to agree on PO's.

I've been active for over three years and I'm not part of a shard chat. Perhaps there is one for top 20 on my shard, I don't care.
    I can easily break top 50 and stay there with Traya and when I want an extra refresh I can climb up to 10. Perhaps I'd reap more benefits with a pre-defined spot every day, but personally I find the whole concept of a shard chat disgusting (and I'm definitely not the only one).
    It takes out the whole competition from that area of the game and it would be great if at some point CG would find a way to eliminate this issue (like hiding names in arena, or using a random generated number that has nothing to do with ally code and that is only good for reporting cheaters, but not for finding other players).

Oh wait you are breaking top 50, top 10 with a refresh. Great rewards isn't it? I would also prefer this to 1st place reward if Ibwas a sociopath.
    What’s sociopathic about that? Being top 10 or 50 is not a right. If somebody wants to break top 10-50 it is called competition and that’s what arena is all about, you fight other teams for better position. On the other hand being part of a shard chat could be called collusion and that’s something that is punishable in other circumstances.
  • Shard chats are just another version of guilds. A collective of players collaborating for mutual benefits...
  • Stop already.. Just no. Its not there for a reason omg
  • jloff wrote: »

Regarding the challenge... I can beat everyone in my shard within 3mins - do I have the best team? No - I'm just better on offense than the AI is on defense. Same goes for most others in the top10 or so. Do I need to prove that I'm up to the challenge by sniping everyone for the hell of it? No - easier to coordinate payouts so I can get back to top spot with the least amount of fuss without worrying about having to spend another 50-100 crystals to hold position in case I get sniped at the last.

This. If we were battle other players in real time and not the AI, then i would not be a fan of shard chats. However, that is not the case.
  • Stick wrote: »

Good idea. ... wait

Normally I’d agree with this type of sentiment, the problem is that the Arena IS for people who get excited about participation awards. There is absolutely no challenge in the arena since you are playing against the AI, and if you can’t beat any team in your arena you either don’t know how to play or don’t have any good teams. Which is why so many people join shard chats and look to be gentelemanly, because fighting in the arena is a chore, not a challenge, one that becomes more frustrating when someone negates all your hard work by deciding when to hit you. Maybe there’s some strategy to deciding when to play, but only if you have no life outside this game and can babysit your arena timer on a daily basis. That said, to the OP’s point, most people use shard chats for that, or if you don’t want to do that just change your name to add GMT minus/plus whatever number for your time zone is.