Emperor's Shuttle - a missed chance!

Prev1
dimi4a
1558 posts Member
One would expect the Emperor's shuttle to be a little stronger than what it is and make the Empire and Sith at least more competitive against Falcon fleets, which in turn could bring more variety. Instead the devs decided it would only be a mediocre filler ship that counters HT, that was the previous meta. Well done CG, you blew it again!

Replies

• What makes the Falcon extremely good is its synergy with rebels under a rebel capital ship.
    There is a high probability of a sith capital ship coming at some point, but it would be an unjustified business move from CG to throw away their brand new meta, in which people invested, barely after a month.
  • What makes the Falcon extremely good is its synergy with rebels under a rebel capital ship.
    There is a high probability of a sith capital ship coming at some point, but it would be an unjustified business move from CG to throw away their brand new meta, in which people invested, barely after a month.

High probability? Maybe next year sometime, not anytime soon. We’ve only asked for it for a long time so of course they will wait longer.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Yeah they usually let their most recent cash cow linger for a little while before moving onto the next, They forced this meta onto us, forced us to use the worst capital, forced us to all use Rebel ships to compete because Variety and diversity is bad :D

Really hoped that this ship would bring back rock paper scissors. The good thing about ships before was all metas could be BEATEN. Falcon is so frickin' hard to beat that it has ruined ships.

The falcon should be beatable already. It should never have been unbeatable.

We had that in ships. It was good. it was fun. They didn't need to ruin ships like they have arena.
  • Ship battles with M F are painless on offense, like 90 seconds. Revan mirror matches in arena timeout. I much prefer ships at the moment.
  • What’s a joke is that they limitnolayer agency with forcing cookie cutter fleet compositions. Entirely opposite of what they said they wanted, yet once again it’s what they force on us.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    dimi4a wrote: »
    One would expect the Emperor's shuttle to be a little stronger than what it is and make the Empire and Sith at least more competitive against Falcon fleets, which in turn could bring more variety. Instead the devs decided it would only be a mediocre filler ship that counters HT, that was the previous meta. Well done CG, you blew it again!

lol dude....EVERY ship does not have to be better than the last...why should a ftp release be better than a legendary... soooooooooooooooooo LOL

The biggest whine in game for me right now is there is ZERO ship content....devs want us to spend money but give us NOTHING to play or do with these moneymakers...

maybe with more ships they will give us that content....so YES COMEON CG.....keep those ships coming garbage or not...keep em coming....

GIVE US SOME SHIP CONTENT

Its kit is fine....someday an empire tank will have 10x the tanking power of houndstooth and on that day you will have an immortal empire tank
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Dk_rek wrote: »

lol dude....EVERY ship does not have to be better than the last...why should a ftp release be better than a legendary... soooooooooooooooooo LOL

Look here..."dude", i never said it should be better than the Falcon, but it could've at least made Empire/Sith teams more competitive to actually stand a chance against it, since it's way too OP, and the shuttle doesn't even do that! Mind you this is the ship of one of the biggest Star Wars characters we are talking about and CG aren't doing it any justice!

Tbh when I saw the shuttle I had hoped it would bring back the rock paper scissors ships had prior to Falcons release ruining ship arena. It should have been stronger then it is, and it should have served as a nice counter to Falcon. But still be beatable on offence.. like we had before.

Man ships was awesome before Falcon.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    Falcon has been out less than a month, so I'm not sure why people would expect this one new overhauled marquee ship to upset that already. When we get a new capital and/or legendary requiring five Sith ships, then maybe.
  • crzydroid
    7252 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019
    crzydroid wrote: »
    Falcon has been out less than a month, so I'm not sure why people would expect this one new overhauled marquee ship to upset that already. When we get a new capital and/or legendary requiring five Sith ships, then maybe.

Like i said, it could've at least made Empire/Sith teams more competitive to actually stand a chance against the Falcon! Why would it require a new Cap Ship to make it viable, when we already have two Empire Cap Ships and enough Empire/Sith ships to pair it with?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pi_V7jpr4tQ

Well, in the interest of only being a little more competitive, I think there's more time for playing around and theory crafting. I only skimmed that video, so I can't critique it in its entirety. I know he tries several different line ups and capitals, but it also seems there are things he didn't try, and mixing shuttle in with fleets that aren't 100% Sith/Empire. I think there are strategies that could be had that might work against weaker Falcon fleets.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    The Falcon is so OP that it destroyed the rock-paper-scissors element of ships!

Ships has never had a rock paper scissors layout.

At best you could use a different capital ship but still ~80% same ships.

They seem to be fleshing out ships a bit and we cant expect every ship to be "the ship" every time, we need the support and backup to come about.
  • A new capital ship does not solve the issue of ladder just moving on to the new meta capital ship. I would like to think any capital ship with a good developed roster can beat any fleet on defense but the introduction of the OTMF forced the ackbar meta, anakin's eta helped mace's timeout fleet, and HT has become a universal tank. I am probably one of many who thought a new ship would help lessen the impact of OTMF in fleet arena and give other capital ship a fighting chance. OTMF being more cumbersome than HT I guess we are back to the whole timeout fleet scenario but this time with ackbar OTMF just demolishing everything in its path. Can't we just get a ship that is marquee and soon to be f2p farmable to mitigate this meta that isn't this shuttle?
  • Precisely. Every fleet in arena looks the same on kynshard and I have some of the most
    Kyno wrote: »

They seem to be fleshing out ships a bit and we cant expect every ship to be "the ship" every time, we need the support and backup to come about.

When HT was meta, it was beatable by a variety of ships and fleets. The Falcon is so OP that the only viable way to beat it is by using another Falcon fleet!

Exactly, every fleet on my shard looks the same now contrary to their whole “we want to provide more options”. Where do they come from where that means “force one specific lineup model”? Shuttle didn’t have to break the falcon while still being a chance to make other fleets players heavily invested time and $ in to not feel like theybjust got kicked in the Jimmy. It was also released in a way specifically to trigger a panic farm. Why on earth should players spend one extra ¢ on it if it does absolutely nothing to change anything? The most powerful force user in the galaxy at his time but no, he can’t affect a battle in any meaningful way. Just seems rather bonkers on a marketing standpoint to specifically release a panic farm acquired ship/toon and remove any reason to panic farm it. Also, another missed opportunity to release a DS legendary that could be DS unlocked but I guess they love keeping that same force alignment unlock for ONLY LS.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

When HT was meta, it was beatable by a variety of ships and fleets. The Falcon is so OP that the only viable way to beat it is by using another Falcon fleet!

A variety is a stretch, but yes there was more than mirror matches, but still many of the same ships in both teams.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

A variety is a stretch, but yes there was more than mirror matches, but still many of the same ships in both teams.

Well at least it was something, unlike now!

I agree, but the point is that as they develop more ships not every ship is going to the key ship to change things. That doesnt mean they wont be useful later.
  • dimi4a wrote: »

I agree, but the point is that as they develop more ships not every ship is going to the key ship to change things. That doesnt mean they wont be useful later.

That's exactly the problem with the shuttle - why wait for future ships in order for it to become viable, instead of just making it's abilities more powerful? Is that so hard? We already have enough Empire/Sith ships to pair it with!

Apparently that is too hard. Just like a DS unlocking a legendary DS for once in the years of this game instead of just giving LS all the faction only unlocks. Truthfully it’s not, but for them it is for some reason.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

That's exactly the problem with the shuttle - why wait for future ships in order for it to become viable, instead of just making it's abilities more powerful? Is that so hard? We already have enough Empire/Sith ships to pair it with!

Because that would then limit future releases as they would have to dialed back to keep the balance.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

Because that would then limit future releases as they would have to dialed back to keep the balance.

But there is no balance!

So you would rather it just swing wildly back and forth every time a new ship is released?

Maybe they were trying to listen to complaints that people didnt like the HT/mace stall meta, and broke that up with HMF. Players then complain that there is nothing but, so rather than release another OP ship they release the building blocks to the next meta to allow a more balanced shift.