Kyno wrote: »
    dimi4a wrote: »
    The Falcon is so OP that it destroyed the rock-paper-scissors element of ships!

Ships has never had a rock paper scissors layout.

At best you could use a different capital ship but still ~80% same ships.

They seem to be fleshing out ships a bit and we cant expect every ship to be "the ship" every time, we need the support and backup to come about.

When HT was meta, it was beatable by a variety of ships and fleets. The Falcon is so OP that the only viable way to beat it is by using another Falcon fleet!

A variety is a stretch, but yes there was more than mirror matches, but still many of the same ships in both teams.

Well at least it was something, unlike now!

I agree, but the point is that as they develop more ships not every ship is going to the key ship to change things. That doesnt mean they wont be useful later.

That's exactly the problem with the shuttle - why wait for future ships in order for it to become viable, instead of just making it's abilities more powerful? Is that so hard? We already have enough Empire/Sith ships to pair it with!

Because that would then limit future releases as they would have to dialed back to keep the balance.

But there is no balance!

So you would rather it just swing wildly back and forth every time a new ship is released?

Maybe they were trying to listen to complaints that people didnt like the HT/mace stall meta, and broke that up with HMF. Players then complain that there is nothing but, so rather than release another OP ship they release the building blocks to the next meta to allow a more balanced shift.

That meta was already laughably easy to break with the Sith fleet under Tarkin. I know because the super kracken on my shard had that maxed out fleet and I was smashing it with my maxed out Tarkin Sith. So I don’t think that was why as the fleet already existed. It didn’t need HT either btw.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member

They seem to be fleshing out ships a bit and we cant expect every ship to be "the ship" every time, we need the support and backup to come about.

When HT was meta, it was beatable by a variety of ships and fleets. The Falcon is so OP that the only viable way to beat it is by using another Falcon fleet!

A variety is a stretch, but yes there was more than mirror matches, but still many of the same ships in both teams.

I agree, but the point is that as they develop more ships not every ship is going to the key ship to change things. That doesnt mean they wont be useful later.

That's exactly the problem with the shuttle - why wait for future ships in order for it to become viable, instead of just making it's abilities more powerful? Is that so hard? We already have enough Empire/Sith ships to pair it with!

Because that would then limit future releases as they would have to dialed back to keep the balance.

But there is no balance!

when has there been "balance," and what would it look like? Like, everyobe using tfp vader and biggs? zzzz
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

But there is no balance!

So you would rather it just swing wildly back and forth every time a new ship is released?

Maybe they were trying to listen to complaints that people didnt like the HT/mace stall meta, and broke that up with HMF. Players then complain that there is nothing but, so rather than release another OP ship they release the building blocks to the next meta to allow a more balanced shift.

That meta was already laughably easy to break with the Sith fleet under Tarkin. I know because the super kracken on my shard had that maxed out fleet and I was smashing it with my maxed out Tarkin Sith. So I don’t think that was why as the fleet already existed. It didn’t need HT either btw.

Exactly. Even with all the people complaining about the whole Mace/HT thing good ship players could still easily beat them. The thing is good ship players are forced into all using Rebels now or they will lose.

The only way to win Ships atm is Rebels.

Before ships could be won with Geo's, Mace, Tarkin, Thrawn, Vader, biggs, BH's, everything.

Now Ships can't be won unless you have the latest toy?

They completely ruined ship diversity and completely ruined the arena with how powerful they made the Falcon.

The Shuttle should have come in and brought back what we used to have, it should have been a hard counter to Falcon, but still lost to Falcon when defending. Like we USED to have before Falcon.

There are already so many Empire and Sith ships. Why should we have to keep waiting for new ships that what, we will have to spend 300 dollars on to get them viable so we can have a fun ship arena again?

Because how dare they let us use the ships from the fleet store, or any store, right? I don't really understand why they have come in and ruined an entire aspect of their game. What we need now is actual ship content like a ship raid or a ship assault battle. Just.. something.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member

But there is no balance!

I never complained as i never had any problems with the HT/Mace stall meta! The point still stands - why didn't they simply make the shuttle more powerful before release, instead of having to rely on future ships to make it viable, as if we don't have enough Sith/Empire ships already? It's not as if it would break the Falcon meta, just make Sith/Empire ships more competitive against it! And don't bring that HT/Mace fake meta subject!

Completely agree with you. I feel like now that Revan is f2p they are worried that their next panic farm cash cow will not bring as much money, so they are trying their hardest to make money off ships without caring about anything but that. Instead of using the ships we already have we will have to wait for new ships that could take months to come out just to make the already more then enough sith and empire ships viable again? The Emperor... the frickin' Emperor should have been this ship to do just that lol.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    One would expect the Emperor's shuttle to be a little stronger than what it is and make the Empire and Sith at least more competitive against Falcon fleets, which in turn could bring more variety. Instead the devs decided it would only be a mediocre filler ship that counters HT, that was the previous meta. Well done CG, you blew it again!

lol dude....EVERY ship does not have to be better than the last...why should a ftp release be better than a legendary... soooooooooooooooooo LOL

Look here..."dude", i never said it should be better than the Falcon, but it could've at least made Empire/Sith teams more competitive to actually stand a chance against it, since it's way too OP, and the shuttle doesn't even do that! Mind you this is the ship of one of the biggest Star Wars characters we are talking about and CG aren't doing it any justice!

I still dont see your complaint in a month or two ebon hawk will prob make falcon look like cup....
    Then you’ll be telling ppl whining about how op sith/empire is “quiet its iconic”

Palp is iconic and was arena meta for a while... his taxi cab that was in jedi for 24 seconds.... meh

So yeah in a month or two younwill have the end of the falcon meta and sith will rule for 7-8 months straight after.... but guess what.... once the “wings hit” will be eight back to falcon so sit back and enjoy 2 metas for the next 12 months
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Ebon hawk or new sith ship will have traya mechanic where every out of turn action damages or stuns opponent then no more falcon or anything else every power jump to a new meta will make ships worse

I know crystals are king but you ppl gotta stop complaining about arena and start complIning that there is NO ship content
  • They didn't make the shuttle more powerful because they made it easy to obtain.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    They didn't make the shuttle more powerful because they made it easy to obtain.

Yeah, how dare we have a bone thrown at us with ships and get something strong for less effort then a farm that takes over 3months for one ship, yet alone the gear and stars for the pilots.

I mean the Emperor is only a legendary character, and now a pilot of a ship we got "too easy" so it has to be weaker, lol.

Make it harder to get, and make it stronger. It was the perfect time to release a ship to counter the Falcon meta, so that ships stayed fun instead of being ruined.

Ships would have been more fun now if they had not released new ships.
  • Pyrefly
    1254 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    They didn't make the shuttle more powerful because they made it easy to obtain.

Yeah, they should've made it more difficult to obtain while also making it more powerful, this is the Emperor's ship after all!

IMO, the Death Star is the Emperor's ship. This is just his taxi.
    swgoh.gg profile: Pyrefly -- Check out my Galactic Power Tables and my TB Phase Info Tables !!
  • Let’s be honest. This is entirely the result of biased testing, also why we have flagrant bias in legendary releases favoring LS.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Ebon hawk or new sith ship will have traya mechanic where every out of turn action damages or stuns opponent then no more falcon or anything else every power jump to a new meta will make ships worse

I know crystals are king but you ppl gotta stop complaining about arena and start complIning that there is NO ship content

In the meantime it wouldn't hurt if the devs made the shuttle more powerful to at least be some counter to the Falcon.

I don't have a problem with this currently the ship stinks. But the next empire/sith tank that has a hounds tooth mechanic and the undispellable taunt who will now be gaining like 65% protection stacking every time you hit it will probably be when I finally have the brass to quit....

And I'm going to be totally honest here...the Falcon is still not the problem. Falcon would be chump change in all it's assists and 800% dodge rate and craziness if it could not be hidden behind that stupid stupid Houndstooth

Speed was god in Arena...still is.

Speed "was" god in Ship arena now except for mirror matches it's still "semi" worthless unless you dodge the tenancity check, pass the stun check, pray you crit twice and then flip a coin... I miss the days of everyone running the meta be it Biggs, tie, vader or whatever..basically bigs tie vader.... and all you had to do was just run 3 faster ships nothing else mattered... rock paper scissor THEIR INTENDED GOAL HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.... has transformed into "YOU RUN ROCK...or die" "well you can run paper or scissor but you'll have a 20 percent or worse success rate..... "just run rock bra thats how we roll up here....don't worry about what we said about rock paper scissors or all our intended goals for ships 2.0 it means nothing because "YOU GONNA RUN ROCK YO"

Speed is out because of TM gain and immortality except vs the small few who pwn Houndstooth. Strategy is gone.... you either run the preselected RNG 20/80 chance of winning counter. Or you run a faster better geared falcon fleet...

See I NEVER SAID I liked it....But I focused mainly on ships for 2 years, double drops on HT and farmed the heck out of IG and XB 3 refreshes a day. I was ready for everything that ever came (except houndstooth whales), Genos reworked, maxxed Genos ASAP....

I was just ready and I can hold my rank......it does not mean I like whats going on but there is LITERALLY nothing we can do about it....20000 pages of people telling CG exactly what they are doing wrong and they still do it and do not even bother to respond to the posts...

that aside the #1 problem in the game right now is the zero ship content...2 years...pathetic, lazy, horrible...
    I would not care that Palp is horrible...if there was somewhere I could use him once in a while.....it's a big horrible joke and it's disgusting the way people who enjoy ships are treated when it comes to actual PLAYABLE content.

Palp stinks
    Falcon meta meh
    Lack of Ship content...... I'M ENRAGED.... not after 2 years.... i'm sure a 2 year old could code a few cheesy assault battles, throw in the standard mk 4 carbantis, mk 4 holos, mk 9 weapon mods lol...maybe some medpack or datapad salavage lol....horrible.

• Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

In the meantime it wouldn't hurt if the devs made the shuttle more powerful to at least be some counter to the Falcon.

I don't have a problem with this currently the ship stinks. But the next empire/sith tank that has a hounds tooth mechanic and the undispellable taunt who will now be gaining like 65% protection stacking every time you hit it will probably be when I finally have the brass to quit....

And I'm going to be totally honest here...the Falcon is still not the problem. Falcon would be chump change in all it's assists and 800% dodge rate and craziness if it could not be hidden behind that stupid stupid Houndstooth

Speed "was" god in Ship arena now except for mirror matches it's still "semi" worthless unless you dodge the tenancity check, pass the stun check, pray you crit twice and then flip a coin... I miss the days of everyone running the meta be it Biggs, tie, vader or whatever..basically bigs tie vader.... and all you had to do was just run 3 faster ships nothing else mattered... rock paper scissor THEIR INTENDED GOAL HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAH.... has transformed into "YOU RUN ROCK...or die" "well you can run paper or scissor but you'll have a 20 percent or worse success rate..... "just run rock bra thats how we roll up here....don't worry about what we said about rock paper scissors or all our intended goals for ships 2.0 it means nothing because "YOU GONNA RUN ROCK YO"

Speed is out because of TM gain and immortality except vs the small few who pwn Houndstooth. Strategy is gone.... you either run the preselected RNG 20/80 chance of winning counter. Or you run a faster better geared falcon fleet...

See I NEVER SAID I liked it....But I focused mainly on ships for 2 years, double drops on HT and farmed the heck out of IG and XB 3 refreshes a day. I was ready for everything that ever came (except houndstooth whales), Genos reworked, maxxed Genos ASAP....

I was just ready and I can hold my rank......it does not mean I like whats going on but there is LITERALLY nothing we can do about it....20000 pages of people telling CG exactly what they are doing wrong and they still do it and do not even bother to respond to the posts...

that aside the #1 problem in the game right now is the zero ship content...2 years...pathetic, lazy, horrible...
    I would not care that Palp is horrible...if there was somewhere I could use him once in a while.....it's a big horrible joke and it's disgusting the way people who enjoy ships are treated when it comes to actual PLAYABLE content.

Palp stinks
    Falcon meta meh
    Lack of Ship content...... I'M ENRAGED.... not after 2 years.... i'm sure a 2 year old could code a few cheesy assault battles, throw in the standard mk 4 carbantis, mk 4 holos, mk 9 weapon mods lol...maybe some medpack or datapad salavage lol....horrible.

Lol, wut? :D

Funny i feel the same way with you... balance
  • Ryzak620
    215 posts Member
    edited February 2019

I Lol'ed when I saw that. There hasn't been a shred of balance in this game in years. They just release a new super toon (or ship) to counter the previous super toon. And of course, the new super toon has even more base speed (or worked into it's leader or unique abilities) that it makes any other counter harder than before.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Palp stinks
    Falcon meta meh

Believe me I take no joy in the anger and frustration and rage posting that your pet project post did not live up to expectations. It was almost like you knew it was coming before all of us. But the kit failed YOU... so I understand your hostility and rage towards those disagreeing with you because you made the Official shuttle poast and your let down....

Personally i LOVE the new shuttle kit and hope all future ships are UN-OP just like it...

Until ACE squadron which i will be spending 1500 bucks on the day it hits my boy kaz gonna drop two Mag-Pulse rounds right between the Palpmobiles eyeballs cause everyone knows The ACE high straight beats 3 falcons of a kind

Ric flair WOOOO
    Ric Ollie WOOOO
    Ric Flair WOOOO
    Ric Ollie WOOOO
    Ric James WOOO cocaine a heck of a drug
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Ryzak620 wrote: »

I Lol'ed when I saw that. There hasn't been a shred of balance in this game in years. They just release a new super toon (or ship) to counter the previous super toon. And of course, the new super toon has even more base speed (or worked into it's leader or unique abilities) that it makes any other counter harder than before.

That's just a lame excuse, there is no balance!

what does balance mean?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member

Palp stinks
    Falcon meta meh

Believe me I take no joy in the anger and frustration and rage posting that your pet project post did not live up to expectations. It was almost like you knew it was coming before all of us. But the kit failed YOU... so I understand your hostility and rage towards those disagreeing with you because you made the Official shuttle poast and your let down....

Personally i LOVE the new shuttle kit and hope all future ships are UN-OP just like it...

Until ACE squadron which i will be spending 1500 bucks on the day it hits my boy kaz gonna drop two Mag-Pulse rounds right between the Palpmobiles eyeballs cause everyone knows The ACE high straight beats 3 falcons of a kind

Ric flair WOOOO
    Ric Ollie WOOOO
    Ric Flair WOOOO
    Ric Ollie WOOOO
    Ric James WOOO cocaine a heck of a drug

Ok, but since we have a super OP ship like the Falcon, we need another OP ship to counter it. It's not healthy for ship arena to have one almighty ship that can only be countered with the same almighty ship, as is the case with this meta!

History tends to repeat itself...if ya catch my drift
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    Gifafi wrote: »
    Ryzak620 wrote: »

That's just a lame excuse, there is no balance!

what does balance mean?

I don't know.

well then.