Marquee Merchandising Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Absolute garbage water, @CG_Carrie
    I mean, never mind, you people don’t friggin listen to the customers. ****.
    Ooba hutar.
  • I’m bummed I won’t be buying the new marquee packs. I’ve bought every one so far, but there’s a big jump from $10 to $20. I’d rather just have the shards for $10 than the crystals for $20.

When they did this with ships I stopped buying the ship packs, and it’s really not been so bad farming from 3* to 4* for free. I guess I will do the same with the characters now.

• Exelent news!
    Less people will buy, better for ppl like me who wouldn’t buy it anyway 😄
  • Rojas wrote: »
    EA's contract with Disney runs out on 2022, can't wait to see what happens then. So much for your 5 year plan @CG_Carrie
    That has little to no impact. Disney released a statement a few days ago that they are happy with how EA is handling the Star Wars label, so they will likely renew the contract.
  • Rojas
    336 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Exelent news!
    Less people will buy, better for ppl like me who wouldn’t buy it anyway 😄

We should start a movement not to buy crap for a quarter or two just to see how well they do without our support.

Be afraid EA, be very afraid.....

https://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2019/01/16/ea-is-squandering-disneys-priceless-star-wars-license/#636bb592592d
  • Trash
  • This deal reminds me of the XboxOne announcement, when all the Microsoft Devs were applauding themselves at the conference for making it require a login every 24hours and it was $100 more than the PS4.

I hope somebody with authority at CG sees how much of a mistake this is and decides to “revisit” this decision before it is final.
  • Madpup wrote: »
    There is zero reasoning behind this other than they want to get those who have no self control to spend more money. I periodically bought the $10 packs. For example I bought two of the recent KoTOR packs. However I'm not going to spend $20 on a pack that includes crystals. Simply because I don't want crystals. If I want to buy crystals, I will buy them separately. I don't get how this company is this dense. Create cheaper buying options that are specifically focused on specific items, let us buy alecart. They do the same thing when they release new ships for old characters by adding in the old character and doubling the price. It's so counter productive.

I didn't expect the currency of the GoH to depreciate. :'(
  • I feel like someone at their office was like there no way we can find a way to **** off the community so soon after GG rework. The pricing person was like hold my beer and watch this.
  • Also for the meme generating folks I believe a state of union clap back is in order here
  • You should make the crystals 2k to make the purchase worth it. I usually buy the Marquee packs, but not this time. If I wanted crystals I would just buy them by the vault...
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Also, why announce this ahead of B1? If this change is indeed better for the community, as you say it is, why not do it for B1 too? It seems odd to announce it but have it not apply to the next Marquee.

This is why, note the last line about the ~2 week notice.
    th11z4bxzax0.png
    I wonder what this means going forward. Usually marquee toons are announced and released in-game within 2 days. Do they plan on announcing all the future marquee toons of the month at the start or a couple weeks in advance?
  • While I do not buy marquee character packs, I can say, if I did, I certainly would not be interested in this bundle, as I have no desire for the crystals, only the character shards.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Ultra wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Minowara wrote: »
    Also, why announce this ahead of B1? If this change is indeed better for the community, as you say it is, why not do it for B1 too? It seems odd to announce it but have it not apply to the next Marquee.

This is why, note the last line about the ~2 week notice.
    th11z4bxzax0.png
    I wonder what this means going forward. Usually marquee toons are announced and released in-game within 2 days. Do they plan on announcing all the future marquee toons of the month at the start or a couple weeks in advance?

They only reference changes, so if there are no changes I wouldn't expect any update like this.
  • Unless it help down revan whats the point. 4* wont do anything that 3* cant
  • scuba wrote: »
    Padas wrote: »
    Players "stop over loading us with Marquee characters, add some characters directly to the stores for a change, and start putting characters back in the stores instead of all hard, fleet and cantina grinds. We want BALANCE!"

CG "we heard you don't like marquee characters! We have reevaluated marquee character releases and have determined the best way to improve them is to double the price of the character bundle!"

B1 will be the first Marquee character since Carth on Dec. 1st......that's over 2 months ago. We've had the 4 new OR characters that were Marquees and that's it since Jango on Sept. 20th. I'd hardly call that being "overloaded" with Marquees. They've almost never released new characters through stores other than ones like HY and Wampa in the GEC store and those are hardly easily farmable. We could always go back to the old days and release new characters through tournaments or just for sale in packs....I'd much rather be given a 3* for doing nothing but auto'ing a couple easy missions.

This ^^ I don't really get the hate for marquee. Packs
    They have already stated Cantina, GW, Arena stores are done for characters (as in not getting anymore)

As for the doubling of the price I think it is a bad move. I know many that are willing to buy the $9.99 pack (myself included) and it is now no thank you.

If i wanted to buy crystals I would by crystals.

'If i wanted to buy crystals I would by crystals'

Those were my exact words when I read that note. I had no problem with the $9.99 packs. I will not spend $19.99. This is a poor decision, but as the current trend at the CG headquarters, it appears they just don't care.
  • Lol. I have paid for quite a few of the $10 packs to add a star over the last couple years. I won't be buying any of these, just like I haven't paid for a single $30 pack to add an extra star to a ship.
  • Dobi_Wan_Kenobi
    28 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I came here because I couldn't see the great benefit you are trying to sell us. I thought it is a language problem as english isn't my motherlanguage and I just don't understand how great and innovative they modified the packs and the marquee events. It turns out - it is not my english that is crap - it's their deal.

1. People didn't hate marquees - they hate the amount of new Chars that have to be geared in a short time. It doesn't get better if you provide the Chars in a worse (and more expensive) way
    2. trying to sell People an existing thing as something new and great - just without a Chance to choose (2 packs as one for the same Price as the 2 before) is like calling your customers ****. You should either give them a Benefit (add a Bonus) or leave it as it was. This way you are loosing those those, who spend money on the one pack and don't want the 2nd. and only those who bought both anyways will continue to buy. For the same price. If you see an advantage there, you should get a new Job.

I wasn't happy about the amount i invest in this game anyways - you just gave me a reason to reduce / stop it. So thank you for your support … i guess
  • HK22 wrote: »
    My lingering concern is that despite the feedback on this thread and Reddit that the more expensive pack is not wanted by players that the Droideka pack will still sell well enough for them to try it again. Droideka was one of the most requested characters and the packs could still sell well. It would probably take a great deal of non-whale players and whales not purchasing the pack for them not to attempt this again.
    Question is, how many whales will pay for this? The $10 crystal bundle is inefficient, whales will buy the $100 bundle, skip the marquee bundle, and just get the shards via packs. Especially if the packs have better drop rates than before.
  • It’s obvious that this month the CG marketing teams wants to try different things to drive up player spending. For me, the shuttle event is fine. One can get a good amount of shards for it whilst farming something useful (granted, assuming some crystal spending.)

However, I’m against future characters (or even Droideka for that matter) becoming $19.99 packs. The extra added crystals are not worth the value. When able, I’ll always prefer more shards over crystals for such packs. Either that, or enough crystals to get an extra 15 shards or so from the new character crystal packs. I’ve bought every single KOTOR $9.99 pack so far and a couple others since Marquees launched. It’s my way of showing support for content I enjoy. When I want to buy crystals, I get a vault. Separately.

• VonZant
    3843 posts Member
    Unless they just accidentally left B1 out of the post, guessing they are going to compare the purchases of B1 at $10 to Deeks at $20.

Also guessing the team wont function properly without Deeks.

Anyway, speculation aside: Ive bought $10 packs. Can't see myself buying $20 ones. Now, if there was a Chase event for the same character AT THE SAME TIME as the initial release, that might change my mind. Would also allow dolphins to 5* the character and spend some money for EA. But the $20 pack without the ability to convert those forced crystals into star-level shards for the same character? No thanks.
  • Well you can forget about me spending money anymore.
  • Bold strategy Cotton! Let’s see how it pays off for em!
  • What a stupid move. I bought every marquee pack at 10euros but i'll never buy a 20euros pack... Stop take us for stupid people and start to respect us....
  • SMH... ok, I hope people are smart enough to tell CG where to go... maybe next time the they'll figure out if they dropped the price to $5....
  • The best thing we can all do at times like this is vote with our wallets. They don't even read the forums, no matter how many pages of complaints there are. So, if you, like me, have been tempted to buy the marquee packs in the past, because everything else in the game is such terrible value, make sure you don't buy this one.
  • Huge
    15 posts Member
    Surprise Rooster Mug!
  • So I won't be buying the packs for new toon anymore.
    9.9€ was worth but 19.9€ isn't even with crystals.