Marquee Merchandising Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    I'm wondering if this is a by-product of arena crystals. Someone taking #1 in both squad and fleet arenas is getting 900 crystals per day. With all the shard chat collusion that goes on, there are typically several people on each shard pulling in the #1 payout of crystals every day. I wonder if their internal data is showing that these people aren't buying very many crystals because they can just stockpile them from arena payouts and so this is their way of trying to force people to buy crystals.
    You got it right!
    Devs are punishing ppl for getting top spots =)
    Even that change to fleet energy pack on palp's shuttle(pupple) was simply because of ppl spending less on buying new crystals.
    Wait for inflation)
    Post edited by Devian on
  • Options
    Yes, milk those whales hard! I recommend doubling the price of other packs too!
  • Devian
    671 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
  • Options
    Such a scam... i guess most dolphins like me stopped buying crystals and only bought the character bundles, so CG want to force us to spend more through adding crystals to the bundle and double its price. Lame.
    No more bundles for me
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Wait what?

WHY can't they EVER throw us a bone?

I read, cool, adding crystals to the pack will make it quite nice at the price it Currently is. That will be a nice addition. Actual thinking about the players there. I've always wanted to see crystals in more packs, since there should be ways to get crystals at a cheaper rate by buying them through packs like they do in Final Fantasy Brave exvius (every week there are packs that are 100x better buying then buying their version of crystals straight).

AND THEN

They double the price, the crystals added are the same amount we get from buying the crystals outright, for the same price that they added. ?

What?

So instead of just buying them separately for the exact same amount of money, the packs are combined so we can be... charged more? What?
  • Options
    So not a better deal at all. Just lumping a seperate pack in with it. Give us choice to get what we want. Don't railroad us.

The 2nd packk looks to just be more expensive with a sligtly better low end but same high end. Bet looking at % of them we would be worse off in general.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Really, all they had to do was keep the price the same, say add 500 crystals, and be done with it. Then people would be happy, then this thread would be different, then it'd be awesome, then we'd be praising them.

Just like with the banning tw thread, all they had to do was make that thread instead about us voting to who got bonuses this round, and the thread would have been different, then it would have been awesome, then we would have been praising them....
  • Options
    Gorem wrote: »
    Really, all they had to do was keep the price the same, say add 500 crystals, and be done with it. Then people would be happy, then this thread would be different, then it'd be awesome, then we'd be praising them.

Just like with the banning tw thread, all they had to do was make that thread instead about us voting to who got bonuses this round, and the thread would have been different, then it would have been awesome, then we would have been praising them....

But if that they couldn't screw us over while pretending they are doing us a favour ;)
  • Options
    The Count from Sesame Street is going to be very sad counting the income from this.

1 marquee pack ah ah ahhh.....ahhhh who will buy 1 marquee character pack?

(Everybody looks else where)

Count exits stage left with a tear rolling down his face
    | ANZGC | Exile |
  • Options
    The 9,99 packs were the one thing i still purchased once in a while. Thank you CG for making me completely free to play.
  • Options
    As much as I hate to say it. These posts are kind of pointless, they don’t actually care.
  • Options
    You just lose 10$ from me! Keep up the good work :)!
  • Options
    So consensus from our guild - anyone that bought the $9.99 packs won't be buying the $19.99 packs.

Only way this will get changed back if is the numbers don't stack up. So if over half of the people that used to buy these (me included) don't buy the new ones they'll likely have to reconsider.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    Options
    Well. It seems I will save some money once again. I already saved about 100 bucks when they changed ship energy pack from daily availability to one time during emperors shuttle event. Good job.
  • John_Matrix1985
    2276 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    So glad that i havent spent a cent on this game. I like spending money.... my star wars lego collection is quite extensive. Great enjoyment out of building them, can show them off when people come over and one day i can pass them onto future generations.

Oh well... each to their own
  • Options
    Terrible change. I have bought every single marquee pack. Crystals? Combining two packs into one and selling it as an improvement? Your definition of a deal, and mine are not the same. This adds no value what so ever. Now, had you combined the two packs at a reduced price, say 14,99; I would consider that a good price point.

Now, I’ll buy crystals when I want them.

You guys must be taking lessons from your president, guess Mexico is paying for this marquee pack.
  • Mikek
    110 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    This is terrible deal. Players who spend most money do not buy 9.99$ crystals pack. They buy the biggest one where crystals per dollar ratio is much better. So this combination is much worse the buying the marquee pack and crystals separately.
  • Options
    NoomiZ wrote: »
    What is everyone freaking out about? The way I read the OP, the old normal pack still exists. Just don't buy the bundle if you don't like it.

If the old pack still existed there would be zero reason for the bundle. That normal pack is gone. There's a reason CG drops this **** on Fridays.
  • Options
    What is everyone freaking out about? The way I read the OP, the old normal pack still exists. Just don't buy the bundle if you don't like it.
    Nope - try reading more carefully:
    Marquee Bundle

Bundle price will be changed from $9.99 to $19.99 (USD)

This is a terrible and transparent move to gouge people for a character that has been anticipated for a long time

BOOOOOOOO

942-122-371
  • Options
    Droideka wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »
    EA's contract with Disney runs out on 2022, can't wait to see what happens then. So much for your 5 year plan @CG_Carrie
    That has little to no impact. Disney released a statement a few days ago that they are happy with how EA is handling the Star Wars label, so they will likely renew the contract.

Very doubtful. Disney is the 800 lbs gorilla in this relationship, and they take their star wars branding very seriously. Of course they're gonna say everything is roses with almost 3 years left on the contract, but I promise you they hear the masses screaming about how bad EA is ruining the star wars image.
  • Options

No, they are changing the old bundle into a new one, with twice the price, and crystals added. Nonsensical move, and I absolutely will not buy the bundle if I don't like it, I am also just letting them know why I won't buy it.
  • Options

The pack that is staying the same is the 5-330 shard for X crystals random pack
  • Options
    Oh dear ... that's some twisted logic they've used there, way to annoy your customer base again 😀😁😂🤣
  • Options
    Wow, what kind of expert calculated that this is going to bring more money to the company? This is hilarious B)
  • Options
    Well I don’t understand the logic here. I guess CG is doubling down on the whales and the few that will buy regardless. Or is it the Revan fiasco? Sure they made made good money the first time he came around but I’m pretty sure the second Revan wave is mostly made of F2P players that had ample time to farm the characters so the revenue had to be very low.

Anyway I’m not interested in a 20$ pack. I can farm the 30 shards that I miss on within two weeks. That’s OK.
  • Options
    Think i bought most 10 bucks packs, well forget it now, wont spend 20 bucks for extra crystals i dont want.
  • Nauros
    5429 posts Member
    Options
    Ok, no more marquee packs for me. If they provided a better rate, I might cosider it, but just slapping a box of crystals (which everyone can buy unlimitedly) to the usual pack is just dumb.