Marquee Merchandising Changes [MEGA]

Replies

• Tarah
    202 posts Member
    do not understand... if ppl would have 30 shards and 1350 crystals... would buy the two packs....

this change will only improve the difference between little p2p (that probably now become f2p) and bigger p2p...

so if u want only p2p, take a momntly paymant and release all free...
  • ShaggyB
    2390 posts Member
    I do like 15 shard min on the gamble pack but 1300 extra crystal means it still hurts the wallet.... but at least you wont feel as bad as it takes 16.6 packs at the lowest pull.

So lets call it 16. So multiply that by 2599 = 40,944 crystals. $100 will get you 15,710 crystal. So youll need 2 of those a $50 pack and a $20 pack. So $270 to take a 4 star to 7 star... so add the extra $20 and its $290 for a character so a bit better there overall.

Just a cash grab on players who only bought the 4 star.... but overall whales should be happy that the overall is now under $300.
  • wow what a fail
  • Omnitopus
    34 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Here's an idea, have both the $9.99 pack and the $19.99 pack, but make it so only one can be purchased per account. This way, you'll easily see which one is going to get you the most revenue

Spoiler alert: I'd buy the $9.99 pack because Crystal's arent worth it ingame.

P.S. if you want people to buy the pack, it needs to be worth more. Add slightly more shards, or 200 more crystals to the purchase, not a minuscule 10 crystals and then act like you did us a favor.

P.S.2. the community constantly tells you when you make bad decisions, maybe you should be more communicative than one forum post per week. Sure you won't ever be able to please everyone, but stop trying to act surprised when we turn on you for not listening.

Edited to avoid confusion over filtered out word. - EA_Cian
    Post edited by EA_Cian on
  • SonofRambo wrote: »
    I thought April fools was still a few months away or am I missing something?

It's an out of season april fools joke.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I normally always pick up the $10 packs b/c they were that price and cheap. If I wanted a pack with $10 in crystals I would buy a crystal pack. Afraid you've lost me buying anymore CG...
  • Eutus
    232 posts Member
    Its funny to me! On paper you should be able to make infinite money with Star Wars. But somehow each quarter all these license holders seem to manage to do dumber and dumbet stuff. CG staff you guys to to Walmart and Target and stuff right? Go walk through the toy aisle and take note of the ever decreasing size of the shelf space alotted to Star Wars merch. Stop antagonizing the people who wanna give you money.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The OP said "We may try this with other" shows they wonder if it will work. We'll see. I'll wait for it to be farmable.
  • Omnitopus wrote: »
    Here's an idea, have both the $9.99 pack and the $19.99 pack, but make it so only one can be purchased per account. This way, you'll easily see which one is going to get you the most revenue

Spoiler alert: I'd buy the $9.99 pack because Crystal's arent worth it ingame.

P.S. if you want people to buy the pack, it needs to be worth more. Add slightly more shards, or 200 more crystals to the purchase, not a minuscule 10 crystals and then act like you did us a favor.

P.****. the community constantly tells you when you make bad decisions, maybe you should be more communicative than one forum post per week. Sure you won't ever be able to please everyone, but stop trying to act surprised when we turn on you for not listening.

That would only tell you which one people prefer. It doesn’t tell you which is more profitable. Plenty of people prefer the original option, but will still buy the new one. People can complain all they want but it’s $$$ that talks.
  • Droideka wrote: »
    Rojas wrote: »
    EA's contract with Disney runs out on 2022, can't wait to see what happens then. So much for your 5 year plan @CG_Carrie
    That has little to no impact. Disney released a statement a few days ago that they are happy with how EA is handling the Star Wars label, so they will likely renew the contract.

I challenge you on that. If you are referring to what Iger said then he never said anything about Disney’s perception of EA’s performance. He only mentioned that they have a good relationship with EA and that Disney will continue to stay on the side of subbing out SW games. This does not imply that Disney will continue their relationship or contract with EA.
  • Who wanted this??
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    I'd honestly be less insulted if they just said it was $20 now. this is ridiculous
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I think they were well aware there would be some that will now quit buying the marquee packs. As long as more than 50% don't have the same thought, CG wins as it relates to $$$.

50% loss in sales would equal a net loss overall, IF you take into consideration that the crystals provided might postpone a p2p person like me from buying my next crystal purchase for a bit.
  • AKAren wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    I think they were well aware there would be some that will now quit buying the marquee packs. As long as more than 50% don't have the same thought, CG wins as it relates to $$$.

50% loss in sales would equal a net loss overall, IF you take into consideration that the crystals provided might postpone a p2p person like me from buying my next crystal purchase for a bit.

It's postponing nothing, and expediting actually... buying the pack is forcing $10 worth of crystals you may not want or need...
    The reason they run these little tests is not for our benefit, they are not trying to make things easier... it boils down to profit, and making the most off each shiney new toy...
  • "Lock S-foils in attack positions."

Lock-S foils in Wallet positions. :D
  • This is dumber than the stupid TW you guys did. Forcing an up charge on the same product is absolutely ridiculous. If I go to eat dinner and get a $5 meal then the cashier says $10 please. We threw in a dessert. I’m leaving. And that’s exactly what you did. If I wanted the dessert I would’ve ordered the dessert
  • Gee you want more money from us?? Surprise! If want crystals I’ll buy crystals. This a blatant way to soak up more of our cash and it’s bull crap. I prefer the $10 pack thanks. All I want is some shards. Way to wring is for all we got. 😡🤬
  • Sounds good to me, haven't bought in a while. Makes it harder for others to fly past me if they don't buy the packs. Keep going CG.
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Whiteroom wrote: »
    Gorem wrote: »
    Really, all they had to do was keep the price the same, say add 500 crystals, and be done with it. Then people would be happy, then this thread would be different, then it'd be awesome, then we'd be praising them.

Just like with the banning tw thread, all they had to do was make that thread instead about us voting to who got bonuses this round, and the thread would have been different, then it would have been awesome, then we would have been praising them....

But if that they couldn't screw us over while pretending they are doing us a favour ;)

I stand corrected, you make a very valid and good point! I forgot that they had said "The community wanted this" lol.

Oh man they truly do not care about us at all xD
  • Gorem wrote: »
    Really, all they had to do was keep the price the same, say add 500 crystals, and be done with it. Then people would be happy, then this thread would be different, then it'd be awesome, then we'd be praising them.

Just like with the banning tw thread, all they had to do was make that thread instead about us voting to who got bonuses this round, and the thread would have been different, then it would have been awesome, then we would have been praising them....

But if that they couldn't screw us over while pretending they are doing us a favour ;)

I stand corrected, you make a very valid and good point! I forgot that they had said "The community wanted this" lol.

And yet credit where its due... msf is 5x worse
  • Darth__Revan
    9 posts Member
    edited September 2019
    Hrm, that's really disappointing. $10 was a low enough price point that I'd usually get the marquee pack whenever I liked the character. If we were getting more than $10 worth of crystals, I might not have an issue with the change, but the fact that they just literally stapled on a $10 crystal pack is really frustrating. I guess I won't be buying marquee packs anymore.
    Post edited by Darth__Revan on
  • Yeah...won't be buying 30 shards for $20...
  • Dear all,

This is a test. That's what software businesses do.

If they make more money by selling this than they did selling $10 packs, all future marquee characters will be sold this way. If no one buys this this pack, they'll go back to $10 packs.

So the question is if 10k people bought the $10 packs, will 5k+1 buy $20 packs? My guess is the $20 pack is our future. If you don't want that to happen, abstain from buying it.
  • ShaggyB wrote: »

And yet credit where its due... msf is 5x worse

I keep hearing this , i dont think it means what you think it means lol. I dont buy in msf , but if you think cg is better , i have this oil, it works wonders and can cure anything.

They all want our money. Period.

But just to argue your point, msf never banned ppl from using toons in an event. And they havent doubled price on packs by adding things already available lol.
    Plus they have multiple ways to get toons besides straight farms.
  • dangrbob wrote: »
    Dear all,

If they make more money by selling this than they did selling $10 packs, all future marquee characters will be sold this way. If no one buys this this pack, they'll go back to $10 packs.

So the question is if 10k people bought the $10 packs, will 5k+1 buy $20 packs? My guess is the $20 pack is our future. If you don't want that to happen, abstain from buying it.

Yes, the problem will be if they actually understand what is going on or not.

let say they made $110 last time just from the $10 packs. This time they make $120 from the $20 packs. So 11 people bought the shard pack last time and only 6 bought the combined pack this time.

A **** looks at that and says, look we increased profits by $10. An intelligent person says we cost ourselves $50. The people who bought the pack with the crystals would've most likely have bought a crystal pack anyways (possible a more expensive one). So maybe you got the $10 crystal purchase a little earlier than expected (maybe not as people may have bought both anyways) and you may have lost out on more.

Because it is a one time only limited available pack you can never get the money back for this pack from the 5 people who passed this time because of this decision.

So instead of getting $170 from these people you will get $120 ...
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • its things like this that me a proud f2p. ea/cg just spits on its customers anyways so if your in the p2p game you get spit on a lot more than f2p sadly
  • HK22
    645 posts Member
    "Lock S-foils in attack positions."

Lock-S foils in Wallet positions. :D

More like close Wallet-folds into locked position.
  • dangrbob wrote: »
    Dear all,

I understand this, but I am still upset that of all the characters to test this out on, they choose droideka. I love everything about them (If you couldn’t tell from my username)