Can we please....

stop this nonsense of putting the new pay ships in place of the ships previously there in TB airspace missions. Don't the whales already get enough without trying to force people to have these ships 6-7* a month after they are released? I'm being generous there because they get added in a week after, or the same week they release.

Replies

• It’s been that way for some time. My advice? Come to peace with it and move on.

We’re at 190M GP and being able to fill 2/6 in phases 5 and 6 is a rare treat.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    You do realize that platooning a just bought ship/toon is not exactly fun either right? I don't get why people always have to make it about f2p vs p2p, it's not helpfull at all.
    As for the platoons, just fill eveything you can and ignore the rest. It very rarely leads to getting less stars total.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • While I understand the frustration, it's not forcing you to do anything.

Platoons are not necessary for completing TB. While not being able to finish any platoons because they need brand new units no one has is frustrating, and slotting your brand new toy you wanted to play with so the guild can complete a platoon is also frustrating, nobody is being forced to have these units.
    Still not a he.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    you are if you want the full benefits defence and offence wise for the harder level fights..........which in general you WOULD want.

and that's where you're "wrong". That's not something you should want. The benefits are definately not worth the costs, it's not even close actually.
  • The platoon bonuses are helpful, sure. Desirable, even. But you can fight and win without them well enough. Brute force can overcome.
    Still not a he.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No, i'm saying you shouldn't want to fill all platoons because it's completely unnecessary and very rarely leads to an extra star.
    I was mostly referring to the costs to be able to fill all platoons, but....
    not having to fill the slots which have p2p characters/ships in them does make the missions easier. I'm willing to wager that alot of guilds actually get more TP (territory points) if they aren't able to fill all platoons than when they are able to fill all platoons.
    Platoons help, but platooning key toons without adaquate replacements to get max waves doesn't.
  • crzydroid
    7296 posts Moderator
    you are if you want the full benefits defence and offence wise for the harder level fights..........which in general you WOULD want.

Putting resources into gearing good teams will get you farther than filling platoons. The only one I'd argue thst matters is ships, but if you can get 2/6 there, that's as much as you need.