Reset a Character to scratch

I believe it would be interesting to be able to reset any character back to scratch: abilities, gear and level, including star level. We would be refunded gear, credits, ability materials and all the character's shards.

If we could do this only once per month on only one character, it could give the opportunity to make better choices without breaking the game. It would also allow us to adapt to changes Devs are making to characters that are already released: Zombie, NA, Nest, Finn (still no news about this one) just to name a few...

What do you guys think? Would you use this functionality? Which Character would you use it on first? Once a month would be a good frequency?

Please like and comment below if this is something you would like to see in a future QoL update!

Replies

• This game is Galaxy of Mods. Not Galaxy of gear/credit.

Always going to be hard to outspeed someone with god mods and a 340 Speed revan
  • Probably the same reason why we can't reset mods partially or fully. It takes the effort of making the perfect speed mod.
  • Gawejn
    1106 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    dominiQC wrote: »
    Personally, I would use this everytime it becomes available. I have a list of characters which I believe will never serve me and on which I used gear and mats that would suit better on another character.

I would probably start with CW Chewie, sorry Chewie 😂

Have You seen CW Chewie as a lider taking 1 spot in arena beating Revan teams? Yes he can do it.
    PS it is not a joke
  • The problem with resetting characters is like other games it is often not beneficial to the game itself. You can be a collector and get every characters maxed out or just work on areas of the game you like while ignoring other aspects. Think of it as players being able to create game modes within a game but moreso it helps prolong peoples' interest. From previous experience with games allowing players to reset stats it did not progress well with the developers caving in to giving out levels to allowing players to max within a day.You can always start a new game account.. I just don't think resetting a character is the way to go as it can lead to something undesirable. If you are adamant about resetting your characters you can always send in a ticket and see if they can help you there.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    No thanks.
    I'm fine with the choices i made and the consequenses that came with said choices. "Mistakes" shouldn't be rewarded.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    No thanks.
    I'm fine with the choices i made and the consequenses that came with said choices. "Mistakes" shouldn't be rewarded.

For the most part this.

The game is built on resource management, how you allocate those resources is the choices we all make.

Good choice (even if it was just at that time) - you got the benefits from it.

Bad choices - you have to live with. To be able to reset this bad choice gives you a quick path to catch up to someone who made a good choice.

It would also play havoc with meta shifts and general resource management, as people will likely save that move for when they need a particular bottleneck gear and just strip it off anything character rather than farm it.