QOL Suggestion: Gear lock based on hero they are for

DuneSeaFarmer
3525 posts Member
edited February 2019
Sooo many times I am not paying attention and see a hero can be completed and I apply gear to the wrong hero instead of who I was saving it for. I really wish we could lock gear pieces so they can't be applied elsewhere incorrectly. Something like the mod lock would be awesome. I know this is my own fault, but help and old man feel less foolish :)

Example:

ek606fuvpstz.png
Post edited by DuneSeaFarmer on

Replies

• I agree. I have my g12 pieces ready for traya and doubt I'll use them elsewhere but would be nice for them to be locked there
  • I mark characters I'm gearing as favorites. I only do a handful at a time. They are the only characters i apply gear too till they're done.
  • I mark characters I'm gearing as favorites. I only do a handful at a time. They are the only characters i apply gear too till they're done.

same, but mistake happen.. :(
  • I don't understand. Like you thought it was a different character, or you just get antsy when you see green crosses and apply them right away?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• DuneSeaFarmer
    3525 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I don't understand. Like you thought it was a different character, or you just get antsy when you see green crosses and apply them right away?

Some completed pieces of gear can be used as is on lesser heroes (cuffs etc). That's when I goof.. It's hell getting old.. Some do not show if a hero they are planned for is not g12, when you look at other heros. I've been told this is a built in defect. It helps boost the chance of having to spend because of an oops. I hope that is nonsense.
  • Yes it doesnt show as being "needed" for toons that dont fit the requirements for that gear. Meaning stars or level. Right now traya "needs" no gear because I only have her 6 star but she does in fact need it. Wish they changed that
  • Yes it doesnt show as being "needed" for toons that dont fit the requirements for that gear. Meaning stars or level. Right now traya "needs" no gear because I only have her 6 star but she does in fact need it. Wish they changed that

Also showing something as needed when you have filled that need, it really means it COULD be used. The gear system really needs some polishing.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    agree 100%
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • added visual example to OP.
  • Gifafi
    6017 posts Member
    It's also awful when you spend gear that could be used for another char that's not at that gear level yet, if that wasn't addressed, ex. g12 gear. or any other glevel...
    Maybe End Game isn't for you
  • I "favorite " who I'm working on. They are the only one I'll gear, unless I'm 100% sure it's not used for a combo G12 piece, and even then, I'll usually save it. Right now I have 3 characters that have the favorite moniker. All G11.
  • FolsomTony wrote: »
    I "favorite " who I'm working on. They are the only one I'll gear, unless I'm 100% sure it's not used for a combo G12 piece, and even then, I'll usually save it. Right now I have 3 characters that have the favorite moniker. All G11.

This is what I do. Granted, I usually have 6-8 characters favorited because there are so many squads I want to work on, but same basic idea: don't apply gear to anyone who lacks the favorite tag.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Sound suggestions, but unless you have looked for your glasses with them on, you just won't understand my dilemma.
  • I bought the Iphone S simply for the more real estate onscreen. Old eyes :(
    Make Bronzium autoplay opening an option.
  • I think that they should allow you to look at your inventory of unused gear pieces. I use swgoh.gg a lot to make gearing choices. Sometimes I don't have a character that currently needs a certain gear piece so I have to bounce around between stores and nodes that offer that gear just so I can see how much of that I do/don't have or need.

What I'm suggesting in relation to this is an Inventory Screen of some sort