Underaged Account

Prev1
Hi, I am a fan of swgoh, but the under age option is useless. Please add a button to change age, beacuse a lot of people have this problem. @CG_SBCrumb help us, It isn't so difficult to develop a fix 4 this.
Do or don't there is no try

Replies

  • Kyno
    19866 posts Moderator
    Usually this element is requested or required by the app store because the game contains in app purchases. It's not likely they can or will add a way to bypass it.
  • They can't do anything about it, that setting is on your device, not CG servers lol.
  • Option 1: Buy a new phone and you'll be presented the age question again when you're logging back in your Google account.

    Option 2: I believe if you factory reset your phone (this deleting everything on your phone) you will ne asked again for your age.

    ....make sure to answer it correctly this time and these are Android steps.
  • Does changing your age on your google account work?
  • Kyno
    19866 posts Moderator
    Does changing your age on your google account work?

    No.
  • Didn’t think so
  • I don't have the option to link google play account...
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Usually this element is requested or required by the app store because the game contains in app purchases. It's not likely they can or will add a way to bypass it.

    So, why having an underaged account doesn't affect the crystals purchasing?
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Usually this element is requested or required by the app store because the game contains in app purchases. It's not likely they can or will add a way to bypass it.

    So, why having an underaged account doesn't affect the crystals purchasing?

    Kyno is wrong. It's not because of pricing. It's because of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). It's just illegal for someone under 13 to communicate digitally. Part of the law includes not being able to complete forms and also chatting.
  • DuneSeaFarmer
    2560 posts Member
    edited February 11
    COPPA - serious penalties for non compliance.
    Leader: Grey Area 51 - My Squads: https://swgoh.gg/p/716522998/
  • Kyno
    19866 posts Moderator
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Usually this element is requested or required by the app store because the game contains in app purchases. It's not likely they can or will add a way to bypass it.

    So, why having an underaged account doesn't affect the crystals purchasing?

    Kyno is wrong. It's not because of pricing. It's because of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). It's just illegal for someone under 13 to communicate digitally. Part of the law includes not being able to complete forms and also chatting.

    Here you go.
  • Fahrius
    541 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Hi, I am a fan of swgoh, but the under age option is useless. Please add a button to change age, beacuse a lot of people have this problem. @CG_SBCrumb help us, It isn't so difficult to develop a fix 4 this.

    try going to apps>swgoh> delete data, then open swgoh again, it should start downloading everything again, ask your age and link to google play account
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • OK, someone has to say this. If you're really underaged, don't change anything. Protection is there for a reason. It should be harder, by not allowing money purchases (which you say is possible now).
    If you aren't underaged and clicked the wrong number by mistake, forget about my post.
  • andreacesa00
    215 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Fahrius wrote: »
    Hi, I am a fan of swgoh, but the under age option is useless. Please add a button to change age, beacuse a lot of people have this problem. @CG_SBCrumb help us, It isn't so difficult to develop a fix 4 this.

    try going to apps>swgoh> delete data, then open swgoh again, it should start downloading everything again, ask your age and link to google play account

    I can't delete data, because I'll lost my account, I can't sign in with google play
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Kyno wrote: »
    Austin9370 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    Usually this element is requested or required by the app store because the game contains in app purchases. It's not likely they can or will add a way to bypass it.

    So, why having an underaged account doesn't affect the crystals purchasing?

    Kyno is wrong. It's not because of pricing. It's because of Children's Online Privacy Protection Act (COPPA). It's just illegal for someone under 13 to communicate digitally. Part of the law includes not being able to complete forms and also chatting.

    Here you go.

    And so why should I not be able to be promoted or having google play sign in?
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Like Austin9370 mentioned above, just factory reset your device in order to trigger the FTUE. Your game progress is linked to your Device ID which should not change.
  • andreacesa00
    215 posts Member
    edited February 11
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Like Austin9370 mentioned above, just factory reset your device in order to trigger the FTUE. Your game progress is linked to your Device ID which should not change.

    But won't I lost all my progress? Do you know a software to copy my datas and put them into another client?
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Like Austin9370 mentioned above, just factory reset your device in order to trigger the FTUE. Your game progress is linked to your Device ID which should not change.

    But won't I lost all my progress? Do you know a software to copy my datas and put them into another client?

    Are you on Android? If so, you have the ability to link it to your account. If it's only stored locally on your phone, setup an email and once you login the game using the new email you'll get an option to transfer your local game to the new email and be asked again for your age.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    Huatimus wrote: »
    Like Austin9370 mentioned above, just factory reset your device in order to trigger the FTUE. Your game progress is linked to your Device ID which should not change.

    But won't I lost all my progress? Do you know a software to copy my datas and put them into another client?

    Are you on Android? If so, you have the ability to link it to your account. If it's only stored locally on your phone, setup an email and once you login the game using the new email you'll get an option to transfer your local game to the new email and be asked again for your age.

    The problem is that I can't log in with my google play
    Do or don't there is no try
  • I guess, why don't you have the access? You should and it has nothing to do with age selected.
  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    I guess, why don't you have the access? You should and it has nothing to do with age selected.

    I don't know, this thing is not only for me. Someone else experienced this issue...
    Do or don't there is no try
  • When you are logged into the game. You can select "login to Google Play" in the settings menu. If you, you are able to login with a Google credential it will ask you if you want to import the local account. If these steps don't work, what's the specific issue?

    If you have the option to "sign out of Google Play" in that same settings menu, you are already signed in with your Google Account and your game progress is accessible on any device. If that's the case, you have the options to refer to the initial steps I gave.

  • Austin9370 wrote: »
    When you are logged into the game. You can select "login to Google Play" in the settings menu. If you, you are able to login with a Google credential it will ask you if you want to import the local account. If these steps don't work, what's the specific issue?

    If you have the option to "sign out of Google Play" in that same settings menu, you are already signed in with your Google Account and your game progress is accessible on any device. If that's the case, you have the options to refer to the initial steps I gave.

    I haven't got these options, nothing. Can't sign in or out. Can't sign with facebook. So that's a lot of pain in the a##. I have already asked to the italian support but they doesn't know anything about google play issues. If they could guarantee me that they are able to recover my datas in case I lost them, that should be fine. I can't understand why they have censored promotions or changing name ingame. This make no sense also for underaged people...
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Well.. I guess you will have to grow up? :DD
  • Madlax wrote: »
    Well.. I guess you will have to grow up? :DD

    Oh yes, I should have 40 to get a normal account
    Do or don't there is no try
  • Go find a different game to play. The age restriction is there for a reason and you're breaking the law of you lie about your age to play the game.
  • Go find a different game to play. The age restriction is there for a reason and you're breaking the law of you lie about your age to play the game.

    I am not underaged, that's the problem
    Do or don't there is no try
  • I'm running out of ideas, but what options are in your settings menu? Can you provide a screenshot. This doesn't add up.
  • EA_Rtas
    366 posts EA Moderator
    I would advise contacting support, although they are unable to age up your account they may be able to assist you in another way.
  • Go find a different game to play. The age restriction is there for a reason and you're breaking the law of you lie about your age to play the game.

    I am not underaged, that's the problem

    Then why did you click the button to say you were underage when you started playing?

    Seems the simple answer would be to uninstall the game then just make a new account.
Sign In or Register to comment.