New TW bonus on Feb 14th?

2Next

Replies

• jkray622 wrote: »
    yohann269 wrote: »
    Obviously your guild is all on the same time zone or country so it's easy to get everyone on the same page. We are international but it's not just strategy, it's figuring out how to mod for the buffs, both what goes on Def and what you will fight it with. Then actually getting the mods moved. So yes the more time the better. less than 48hrs is a slap in the face

I think "slap in the face" is an overreaction. There are many aspects to this game, some on longer or shorter timeframes. For farming purposes, the Devs have decided that one week is the appropriate timeframe. For things like TB/TW/GA, 24 hours is the "timeframe" because it allows players in any timezone to log in and have an equal amount of time to respond to things.

Yes, most of my guild is in similar time zones, but we do have a few European players. However, my guild officers determine the strategy for the TW. Usually within a few hours, we will look at the bonuses and decide on our plan (i.e. squad compositions and which factions should be on offense vs defense). We will then communicate out to the guild what the plan is, which factions will be on offense and defense, and then tell people what the modding expectations are.

Based on the timeline above, my guild will still have over 36 hours to move mods, and level/gear any toons they want to improve based on the bonuses. Regardless of time zones, 36 hours will provide enough time for everyone to log in and make their changes.

you are completely wrong. they set the expectation when they posted on Jan 25th what the Feb 10th TW would be. They posted on Jan 24th what the Jan 28th TW would be.
  • yohann269 wrote: »

you are completely wrong. they set the expectation when they posted on Jan 25th what the Feb 10th TW would be. They posted on Jan 24th what the Jan 28th TW would be.

With all due respect, you set your expectations based on those relative dates. They have made no promises, so don't assume. It's not like the Character Release Cadence, where the Devs made a commitment about announcement timing.

It's okay to want things, but when you make an assumption and you're disappointed, you have no one to blame but yourself for making that assumption. Just relax and have your guild get ready to make plans. Worst case scenario is realistically that there's no announcement out here, and your guild has to get the information from the in-game tooltips tomorrow, and you have 22-23 hours to plan.

Plan for worst case, and things can only be better than that!
    yohann269 wrote: »

With all due respect, you set your expectations based on those relative dates. They have made no promises, so don't assume. It's not like the Character Release Cadence, where the Devs made a commitment about announcement timing.

It's okay to want things, but when you make an assumption and you're disappointed, you have no one to blame but yourself for making that assumption. Just relax and have your guild get ready to make plans. Worst case scenario is realistically that there's no announcement out here, and your guild has to get the information from the in-game tooltips tomorrow, and you have 22-23 hours to plan.

Plan for worst case, and things can only be better than that!

Why do you spend your time defending a for profit corporation (that has paid employees) for free on a forum all day?

• capifico22 wrote: »
    Why do you spend your time defending a for profit corporation (that has paid employees) for free on a forum all day?

Why do some people get super agitated on a public forum over a game they play?

I'm not "defending EA." They don't need any "defense" because there's no promise of anything. I'm trying to help yohann see that his complaint is way out of proportion to the "perceived slight."

There's no promise or commitment about the announcements. EA doesn't have to give us any advance information! They could totally just wait until all defense are applied, and then say "surprise, this bonuses all Jedi deal 10% of their normal damage!"

I am waiting (patiently) for the bonuses, so my guild and I can figure out what best we can do to keep our TW winning streak alive. So many people forget that patience is a virtue, and demand everything NOW NOW NOW. Just relax. Enjoy the game.

Maybe if the bonuses aren't ready for primetime, they just change tomorrow's TW to be another vanilla. Costs them nothing, and no guilds would need to prepare. /shrug And it wouldn't be the end of the world.
  • capifico22
    370 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It's a shame you can't show your vaunted patience in situations where a fellow customer asks something from a company they pay money to for a service.
  • @jkray622 you are right it is just a game. but it's a game/hobby that I spend a lot of time on. And it's a game/hobby I've spent money on. I do have expectations about communication, a lot of it laid out by CG themselves last year. They have also failed at communicating but I still feel they should be held to the standards they stated they would follow. SB_Crumb set the expectation of TW bonus communication when he posted time frames for the previous wars. So I don't think me taking it as an insult is out of proportion.
  • capifico22 wrote: »
    It's a shame you can't show your vaunted patience in situations where a fellow customer asks something from a company they pay money to for a service.

I...don't understand what this means? How would my being patient (or not) help yohann? Yes, he's spent money, and yes he's asking for something of EA (although he didn't spend money for this information). But my patience or lack thereof has nothing to do with this.

I'm not disagreeing with anyone that I would like to see these bonuses as early as feasible. But there are realistic scenarios that might prohibit them being announced yet (for example if the bonuses might not happen because of bugs), and I'd rather they not announce something and then cancel it. That almost always has a negative backlash - and as a result EA has fallen into the habit of announcing things at the last minute, after they are 100% guaranteed.

They just had some patch note issues with the last patch, and the end date of the Fleet Energy pack was wrong. Some players who waited until the last day weren't able to purchase it, and were upset that now they missed out on a 5* Shuttle. IF they have finalized the bonuses, I'd still like them to make sure those notes are super accurate before they release them - because I know I'll be aggravated if they tell me the bonuses are [X], when they are really [Y].
  • All I hope is that Ewoks are God tier again. Once you let Teebo go there's no stopping them.
  • Ephran wrote: »
    All I hope is that Ewoks are God tier again. Once you let Teebo go there's no stopping them.

except counter attacks...
  • mesa176750 wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »
    All I hope is that Ewoks are God tier again. Once you let Teebo go there's no stopping them.

Logray's AoE daze and/or stealth = very helpful at preventing counterattacks.
    mesa176750 wrote: »
    Ephran wrote: »

Logray's AoE daze and/or stealth = very helpful at preventing counterattacks.

So is being stealthed, which is what happens when Teebo takes a turn.
  • Oooh! Have we moved to the ‘Speculation Round’?
    Here’s mine:
    Bonus: Tarkin blows the planet up.

Back on topic: Yohann’s request for a timeline of when the details of the bonuses will be released is not at all out of line (that’s the reason I am visiting the forums as well, and was glad to see I wasn’t the only one).
  • Oooh! Have we moved to the ‘Speculation Round’?
    Here’s mine:
    Bonus: Tarkin blows the planet up.

Back on topic: Yohann’s request for a timeline of when the details of the bonuses will be released is not at all out of line (that’s the reason I am visiting the forums as well, and was glad to see I wasn’t the only one).

Thanks! I knew a few hardcore TW leaders would throw me some support :)
  • UdalCuain
    4996 posts Member
    edited February 2019
  • Yay! Mace Windu returns to womp on them sith
  • #1 - please keep the back-to-back TWs the same format. #2 - please give us more notice of the bonuses than the day before the start of the join period. You're just creating extra work for guild officers to make sure all 50 people are aware of the TW format and what bonuses will apply.
  • 3pourr2
    1927 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Why would you need more than one day notice?
    Post edited by 3pourr2 on
  • 3pourr2 wrote: »
    Why would you need more than one day notice?

I'm going to go with you are being sarcastic. based on everything else written
  • I don't see TW available. Screen just shows TB in 3days.
  • OmegaIV wrote: »
    I don't see TW available. Screen just shows TB in 3days.

Join phase hasn't started yet.
  • <Speculation>

Separatists will get buffed because its their month, here are some ideas for fun things they could do:

- Count Duku has 100% additional tenacity and gains bonus protection till the end of his next turn when ever he counter attacks
    - GG while an ally droid is active he gains +50% evasion and can not be targeted
    - Separatists Droids have +25 health steal and they also get +20% offense & 20% tenacity per Jedi opponent
    - Geonosians have 100% additional potency, can not be counter attacked, and their attacks ignore armor
    - Nightsister basic attacks inflict daze which can not be resisted and ignore protection on targets with plague
    - Geonosian ships gain offense up and attack twice when ever they are called to assist.
  • Sentia wrote: »
    <Speculation>

Separatists will get buffed because its their month, here are some ideas for fun things they could do:

- Count Duku has 100% additional tenacity and gains bonus protection till the end of his next turn when ever he counter attacks
    - GG while an ally droid is active he gains +50% evasion and can not be targeted
    - Separatists Droids have +25 health steal and they also get +20% offense & 20% tenacity per Jedi opponent
    - Geonosians have 100% additional potency, can not be counter attacked, and their attacks ignore armor
    - Nightsister basic attacks inflict daze which can not be resisted and ignore protection on targets with plague
    - Geonosian ships gain offense up and attack twice when ever they are called to assist.

The actual buffs have been published for almost a day now:

For tomorrow’s Territory War, we’re bringing back some of the abilities we introduced in November and January in celebration of The Clone Wars era. Here are the 4 abilities that will be in play for this TW:
    Mace Windu: BATTLE-ATTUNED MASTER OF THE FORCE
    Mace Windu has +100% Max Health, +480% Max Protection, +100% Counter Chance, and is immune to Shock, Daze and Stun. Additionally, when attacking Sith with his basic attack Mace deals +1000% damage. Whenever Mace suffers damage, Inflict Expose on all enemies for 2 turns which can't be evaded. If Jango Fett has Expose, Mace Windu's attacks will instantly defeat him (Damage Immunity does not prevent this effect).
    Coruscant Underworld Police: LONG ARM OF THE LAW
    Coruscant Underworld Police gains 500% Potency, 300% Max Health and deals 1000% more damage with his Basic attack when attacking Scoundrels. Whenever Coruscant Underworld Police inflicts Stun, he gains Protection Up (50%, stacking) for 2 turns.
    Count Dooku: SINISTER SPARK
    Force Lightning ignores Protection and deals bonus damage equal to 80% of the target's Max Health if they are already Shocked. Whenever Count Dooku uses his Basic attack reduce the cooldown of Force Lightning by 1.
    Clone Troopers: ARMY OF THE GALACTIC REPUBLIC
    At the start of battle, Clone Troopers gain 50% Health, 50% Protection, 50% Offense, and 50% Defense for each Clone Trooper ally. Clone Troopers gain 100% Critical Chance and 100% Critical Damage while they have no debuffs. When they attack out of turn, Clone Troopers dispel all debuffs on other Clone Trooper allies, dispel all buffs on the target enemy, and gain 20% Turn Meter.
  • So no buffs for ships again... Clearly this is a lack of effort to keep these new, fresh or fun.
  • Sentia wrote: »
    So no buffs for ships again... Clearly this is a lack of effort to keep these new, fresh or fun.

there has only ever been 1 buff for ships, and it was so lame honestly
    "ARE WE BLIND? DEPLOY THE GARRISON."
  • Riffinator wrote: »
    Sentia wrote: »
    So no buffs for ships again... Clearly this is a lack of effort to keep these new, fresh or fun.

there has only ever been 1 buff for ships, and it was so lame honestly

a new buff for ships would be great