Can I beat Enfys Nest in GB II with this Squad?

Zuckuss12
129 posts Member
edited February 2019
I have tried numerous times, no success. Maybe you can help make some mod alteration ideas?

https://swgoh.gg/squads/140796/

I am working on starring Zam but in the meantime, can I do it with what I have?

Replies

• Random number generator
  • crzydroid
    7295 posts Moderator
    You need Greedo (or Zam) instead of IG-88 for an extra chance at thermals. Your Dengar also needs gear, because the couple of times I've done it, Bossk and Dengar were the last standing. She can do some damage if she gets her AoE.

Something else to consider: My Dengar has about 40 more speed than yours (which is still not fast by any means). But more speed=more thermals. Dengar's the one who really loads them up.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    it's possible, but very variable. in my opinion, the Nest battle is the single most frustrating battle in the game, because it's possible but very RNG dependent. It took me 20 attempts on average for each success with this team: https://swgoh.gg/squads/106201/
  • You need it to be over quickly. The longer the battle drags on, the stronger Nest gets.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I would say no. Not even with RNG. Without Embo your only chance of taking down Nest are Thermal detonators.
    In theory, Dengar should be enough, as Greedo's input of one extra detonator does not really turn the tides. If anything, he'll get your team down faster if he goes on a multi-attack spree and makes Nest counter a taunting Bossk to oblivion. Zam is also bad, as her basic makes thermals explode. If Nest has protection up, your thermals go to waste. The whole point is letting Nest take turn while loading her up with thermals that explode when her bonus protection resets.
    Returning to the problem with your team, at the current gear level your Dengar is extremely squishy, and it's not likeltly that he'll survive long enough to place enough detonators to kill Nest. I have my whole team at G12 (zzBossk, Boba, Greedo, Dengar, Cad) and I can only 1 star the GB event. Their modding is also decent, most of my hunters having close to or over 100 extra speed, from potency sets (CD for Boba, tenacity for Bossk). You need that gear.
  • Thanks all for your input! Maybe next time I'll have the gear :)
  • I've smashed my face against her with a similar squad (greedo instead of cad) countless times and the absolute best I've ever been able to do is to get her to half health. I just don't think it's possible without either Embo or massive detonator spam. She just hits too hard.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• I wouldn't get too excited about Embo. Neither his protection-powered hat nor his elusive strikes have done the trick for me so far. (g12+2 zEmbo w/ 42k protection)

Granted I haven't made 20 attempts because I have fleet 5-D 3*'d and this annoying quest isn't worth the frustration to me.

I believe a Zam-led TD team is the way to go but I don't have her powered up yet.

Ironically Wampa is a breeze for my squad. Fun too. I could do those all day long and not just for Frozen Foe (though that would be nice). :)
  • Stun is important. Danger, Cab, Greedo and Boosk. Keep her stunned and it is a walk in the park.
  • fseixas
    33 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Didn't look at your collection, but you can use Jango. His Conflagration ability reduces Nest's max health, the same way Revan does. After 3 or 4 rounds, she will have a minimum health bar.
  • Greedo's stun requires a zeta, includes target TM reduction, which is the last thing you want, and only actually stuns if their TM hits 0.

Dengar's stun comes with a chance to inflict slow, which is again not what you want, and it only stuns if the target is over 50% TM.

Bossk's stun comes with a mass assist which feeds Enfys' bonus protection, which is not what you want.

Last but not least, Cad's stun also comes with TM reduction.
  • One of you says stun is important, another stun is not what you want. Confused here.
  • Zuckuss12 wrote: »
    One of you says stun is important, another stun is not what you want. Confused here.

The TM reduction and slow is the part you don't want. The more you beat on her in between turns, the stronger she gets. Stun is good.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Well, took me 4 tries to complete the event. The 2 times I restarted because Greedo died on the first round. LOL
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    I can do it with a decent BH team of zBossk, Boba, Greedo, Dengar and Cad Bane.

Make sure you get to the final stage with all your attacks ready to use and no cooldowns holding you back.

Lay as many detonators as you can, stun as often as you can, never use Boba's EXECUTE attack, and hope for the best.
  • Everyone always says detonators, but even when I get 5-6 to stick on her, her massive protection buffer just absorbs it anyway. Are you supposed to wait for the detonators to apply right before she takes her turn, or what's the secret there?
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• JediRobb wrote: »
    It takes a few rounds for the detonators to kill her. The first few take down her protection. Then you need 10-15 to take down her health. Turn meter reduction and slowing her down isn't a problem here because there is no time limit like in arena. Just be patient. Save all stuns for when she is not stunned, and lay as many thermals as possible.

There's not a hard timer like arena, but she gets stronger the longer the battle goes. It definitely is not a great idea to just sit back and wait for the thermals to do all the work.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • I have beat it last 2 times no problem. Today I can't but have gotten her to 10% health twice. I do have Embo and he helps a lot, but its a lot of rng about who gets instagibbed.

Will echo that although it seems counter intuitive, but Zam should not be used. If she assists she pops thermals early and they go to waste. Greedo Cad and Dengar.

I did not think about Jango. Will try him.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    I have beat it last 2 times no problem. Today I can't but have gotten her to 10% health twice. I do have Embo and he helps a lot, but its a lot of rng about who gets instagibbed.
    One day I'll do it, for the Embo avatar, but honestly, farming her node in fleet is less frustrating. (And that's something I don't say very often :D )
    VonZant wrote: »
    Will echo that although it seems counter intuitive, but Zam should not be used. If she assists she pops thermals early and they go to waste. Greedo Cad and Dengar.
    Interesting point, I had not thought of that. So no Hunting Party unless you want them to detonate and pray that Dengar is hiding in a corner, picking his nose the whole battle.
    VonZant wrote: »
    I did not think about Jango. Will try him.
    The only thing he really offers is Bounty Hunters Resolve from his lead which might help but you give up Bossk's team regen to get that.
  • Bah. Its basically just RNG. My Embo and Bossk are g12. Everyone else was g9. Used Bossk, Embo, Dengar, Jango and Cad. Jango and Cad died without moving on final round. Dengar gor 2 rounds of detonators and Embo got 2 kicks and a big hat hit to finish her off.
  • 1-starred that battle once ... nuts to that, I'll get Holdo shards instead.
  • VonZant wrote: »
    Bah. Its basically just RNG. My Embo and Bossk are g12. Everyone else was g9. Used Bossk, Embo, Dengar, Jango and Cad. Jango and Cad died without moving on final round. Dengar gor 2 rounds of detonators and Embo got 2 kicks and a big hat hit to finish her off.
    Congrats! I've done that so many times on other events, often with Bounty Hunters. Even when you know you got crazy lucky, it's still satisfying. :D