Space pvp is broken

Prev1
Like the title says space pvp is broken and no one saying anything but it .
Stats don't mean anything so goes for turn meter every single fight my opponent using his Capitol ship ability before me ( thran ultimate) no matter if my ships got better power .
There's no explanation of how the space pvp works.
Instead of fixing it they adding a ship that ruined space in a sec ( the falcon ) instead of fixing space pvp .
So if anyone can explain to me how this broken system works I will gladly will listen and maybe will finally understand the mechanics for the broken system works

Replies

• APX_919
    2468 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    In order to answer your question properly, I need to know the following:

1) Your lineup, both opening and reinforcements.

2) Gear level and mod level of all pilots you are using.

3) Opponent's lineup.

Weak gears, poor mods (not 5 star, not gold mods) and not knowing the mechanics of certain ships (who gains TM, strips TM) will make victory elusive.
    "Everything is proceeding as I have foreseen...mostly"
  • Nope not working as it should I compared my gear and ships lvl mods and still a 53k power 5 stars hound tooth had better stats then my 7 stars 63k power hound tooth .
    Space Is broken today 5 time i used first the Capitol ship ability and yet 5 time they beat me cause they used the thran ultimate first how can that be possible ???? .
    No matter what I do it's the same result I lose.
    This is so frustrating that something like space is really broken
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As stated above, you need to provide more information.

There are ships that can effect the turn meter of the capital ship.

Ship power has nothing to do with speed, speed is it's own stat.

Everything in ships works the same as it does for characters. If you ask for help, I'm sure many can provide details and guidance on your issues.
  • Does the opponent ever use a TIE Fighter or a TIE Reaper? They have the ability to manipulate turn meter, so even if your Chimaera starts the battle going before your opponent's, it can put their Chimaera ahead of yours.

Fleet arena appears to be working as intended - there are no bugs being reported on AnswersHQ for ship abilities right now. You may not be happy with your how fleet is performing, but that doesn't mean it's "broken."

In order for people to give you advice, you need to provide more information.
  • chionophile
    1097 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Thrawn only has a four turn cool-down on his ultimate. He'll fire his off before the other capital ships, even though he's slower than both Tarkin and Ackbar. And yes, we need more information. There's a lot that goes into ship mechanics - pilot gearing, pilot mods, pilot ability levels, ship stars, etc. GP doesn't mean much, in particular - adding a zeta adds a lot more power to a pilot, but gives essentially the same speed bump to the pilot's ship as a G12 piece of gear.
  • pad79
    7 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I got max thrawn Capitol ship this is kitten honestly I had it with the space pvp they ruined my experience with the space and no they didn't had tie fighter or reaper had genosians ships and I beat them before and now I cant even scratched them not even talking about the falcon meta now.
    I give up teams with worst ships then mine beat me .
    This whole system needs an change asap .
    It seems the devs dont care about the system
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Can you show a picture of the stats of both capital ships.

Or provide any of the other information requested.
  • Will try
  • Based on your responses it sounds like you think you should just be able to mash buttons and win because your ships are "better." That very much doesn't work in fleet. It's not like squad where you can brute force a victory with insane speed mods, so the margin for error and sloppiness is much narrower.

Additionally, the Falcon is pretty overpowered, so if you're trying to beat a well-equipped rebel fleet with anything other than a rebel fleet of your own, you're pretty much down to hoping for perfect RNG.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    pad79 wrote: »
    Like the title says space pvp is broken and no one saying anything but it .
    Stats don't mean anything so goes for turn meter every single fight my opponent using his Capitol ship ability before me ( thran ultimate) no matter if my ships got better power .

Ship power means nothing. Only speed and turnmeter manipulation matters in this case. You can check the speeds of the two capital ships to see which one is faster. Furthermore, you should be aware of the turnmeter manipulation that happes f.ex. when ITF dodges or a ship is defeated while Tie Reaper is active.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Space Is broken today 5 time i used first the Capitol ship ability and yet 5 time they beat me cause they used the thran ultimate first how can that be possible ???? .

Either turnmeter manipulation (ITF dodges, ships defeated with Tie reaper active....) or RNG. If both ships have the same speed and no TM manipulation takes place, they will reach 100% TM at the same time, and hence it will be random which one goes first - some times your capital ship goes first - at other times it's the enemy.

• Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    This whole system needs an change asap .
    It seems the devs dont care about the system

It's rather you who doesn't care about the responses, you get. Others before me mentioned the importance of speed rather than power as well as turnmeter manipulation - yet you didn't provide any information on this. I believe it's rather your perseption of the mechanics in fleets, that needs to change.

• jkray622 wrote: »
    Does the opponent ever use a TIE Fighter or a TIE Reaper? They have the ability to manipulate turn meter, so even if your Chimaera starts the battle going before your opponent's, it can put their Chimaera ahead of yours.

Fleet arena appears to be working as intended - there are no bugs being reported on AnswersHQ for ship abilities right now.
    This is actually not true. There is still the persistent bug of "breach" giving the breached ship lowered accuracy, not lowered evasion. This has been a bug since HT was released and it is STILL not fixed.
    In game name: Lucas Gregory FORMER PLAYER - - - -"Whale blah grump poooop." - Ouchie

In game guild: TNR Uprising
    I beat the REAL T7 Yoda (not the nerfed one) and did so before mods were there to help
    *This space left intentionally blank*
  • Nikoms565 wrote: »
    jkray622 wrote: »
    Does the opponent ever use a TIE Fighter or a TIE Reaper? They have the ability to manipulate turn meter, so even if your Chimaera starts the battle going before your opponent's, it can put their Chimaera ahead of yours.

Fleet arena appears to be working as intended - there are no bugs being reported on AnswersHQ for ship abilities right now.
    This is actually not true. There is still the persistent bug of "breach" giving the breached ship lowered accuracy, not lowered evasion. This has been a bug since HT was released and it is STILL not fixed.

That's true, forgot about that bug because it was reported so long ago. I doubt that's what is causing the OP's consternation. Of course, we can't tell if he even has Hound's Tooth since he won't share his profile with us.
  • Just because your power number is bigger than opponent, doesnt mean you'll always win. Maybe you dont have synergy, but opponent does? Like stated, check speed
    "When life gives you lemons, throw them at someone"
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    The following aspects of ships and their crew members can permanently affect ship speed (will be viewable in ship stats): ship level, ship star level, crew ability levels, crew level, crew stars, crew gear, crew mod levels, crew mod dots, crew mod color

The following can also affect ship speed in battles: ship abilities, allied ship abilities, allied capital ship abilities, enemy ship abilities, enemy capital ship abilities

9 times out of 10, when there's something happening you don't understand, it's part of a dynamic you missed related to one of the above factors. Only after checking for all the above factors can you reliably say it's a problem with the game.

For example, if you are using any capital ship except Chimaera, and you are facing someone who is using the Chimaera, their ultimate will happen first. That's how the ability works.
  • Crew mod color does not influence stats. Only level and rarity. It will affect the GP, but not the actual stats.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Sounds like he’s confused by the TM gain from HT’s Trandoshan Barricade
  • Before the OTMF changed the meta, I couldn't tell you how many times and opponent Executrix would perform its ultimate before my Chimera. There was nothing feeding them TM, and no reason or way to explain how they could get it off with a full 1 turn longer cool down, yet it happened all the time.
  • Before the OTMF changed the meta, I couldn't tell you how many times and opponent Executrix would perform its ultimate before my Chimera. There was nothing feeding them TM, and no reason or way to explain how they could get it off with a full 1 turn longer cool down, yet it happened all the time.

Nothing feeding it TM? That's practically impossible, since Chimera cooldown is 4 turns to Executrix 5, as you've already noted.

The obvious question, is your Chimaera at max speed?
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Crew mod color does not influence stats. Only level and rarity. It will affect the GP, but not the actual stats.
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I was under the impression that anything that affected character power also affected ship stats.
  • Kai_Mulai
    683 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Before the OTMF changed the meta, I couldn't tell you how many times and opponent Executrix would perform its ultimate before my Chimera. There was nothing feeding them TM, and no reason or way to explain how they could get it off with a full 1 turn longer cool down, yet it happened all the time.

If that was before ships 2.0, and you did not have Thrawn's crew ability maxed, then that makes sense. Chimaera ultimate had a 5 turn cooldown like everything else until you maxed Strategic Dominance. But after ships 2.0, Chimaera ultimate is always a 4 turn cooldown.
  • Kai_Mulai wrote: »
    Thanks, I didn't know that. I was under the impression that anything that affected character power also affected ship stats.

That makes sense that people would think that, since it does affect toon GP and therefore ship GP. But I tested it right before posting - switching between a blue and a gold 5* mod. And while GP changed, the ship stats didn't budge.
  • Yes, I (well, we, my shard) know it's practically impossible.
    Yes, my chimera is maxed.
    Yes, it was 2.0 and was happening regularly right up until we all stopped using chimera. I'm sure it still happens.

No, it does not make any sense and there is no explanation, yet it happened all the time.
    Yes, it was 2.0 and was happening regularly right up until we all stopped using chimera. I'm sure it still happens.

No, it does not make any sense and there is no explanation, yet it happened all the time.

So your enemy never used TFP, Reaper, or FOTF against you??? They all give or take TM to capital ships.

I feel like you were shooting at a TIE fighter that was dodging and didn't know that it feeds TM to its capital. I used a fairly speedy Executrix up until Han's Falcon came out (G12 Tarkin, but no 6e mods or G12 pieces) and I've never gotten the OMGTIEFIGHTERS off before the opposing Chimaera used its instakill, not even once.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Putting the nonsense HMF aside: ship PvP really turned into rolling a dice on who wins.

Will my HT apply breach? Maybe? Maybe not?
    Will my FO Tie stun? Maybe? Maybe not?

And I am not talking about buffs and effects that impact those abilities. (Like increases tenacity etc.)
    Talking about identical situations... and since the margin of error is so small with ships these days RNG decides who wins and who loses...
  • KyoO1234 wrote: »
    Putting the nonsense HMF aside: ship PvP really turned into rolling a dice on who wins.

Will my HT apply breach? Maybe? Maybe not?
    Will my FO Tie stun? Maybe? Maybe not?

And I am not talking about buffs and effects that impact those abilities. (Like increases tenacity etc.)
    Talking about identical situations... and since the margin of error is so small with ships these days RNG decides who wins and who loses...

I'll agree that HMF has swung the fleet paradigm from "superior tactics win" to "whoever gets better dice rolls wins." I swear my Falcon never assists and the other guy's does every time. Not really, I still manage to claw my way to #1, but still.

That said, I'd still take this all day every day over squad arena's "whoever lucked into the most ridiculously awesome mods wins" setup.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png