Have Stun Guns become P2W?

I’ve been stuck with no stun guns since Revan came back out. Usually every now and then it’s in guild currency (yellow) store but for the last few weeks I haven’t seen it once beside in the shard shop. Have they nerfed this to only crystal purchase? Funny how they never show up any more but you can find 4 lots of them in weekly crystal purchases. Has anything changed in the past few weeks?
Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    no
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nothing announced. But psychologically we have a tendency to lean towards a bias when there is only one random thing we want, and many random things we don't want. I'm sure there is a difference in the frequence between the various items sold there, but random chance is still random chance.
  • Showing up a few times a week for me in the shard shop (pieces, not a whole stun gun)
  • Your options are:
    1) Wait for them to drop in Pit
    2) Buy salvage or full pieces with crystals from Shipments store
    3) Slowly farm salvage in Guild Event Store and Shard Shop.
    4) Farm them on a light, dark, or fleet node.

I do 1 & 3. Only spend them on characters that will provide a good return on your investment.
  • I stockpiled the gear for Revan for about a month and a half. That's a rough estimate of how long it'll take you to gear him up to g12.
  • Do you have Wicket 7-starred? His node gives salvage. It's not much but it's better than nothing.

For what it's worth, I'm currently sitting on enough salvage for four stun gun prototypes, but have no Carbantis. It's the circle of life.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    leef wrote: »
    no

This.
    P2W implies (and kind of states) that if you pay for this item you will win, and to some extent that you cannot get this through other means. Having stun guns in no way will grant you a win that you cant gain through other means.

Farming locations:

Stun guns are in the main shipment for crystals for both the salvage and the full gun - this can be purchased with crystals gained for free from arena.

Stun guns are in the guild event store, this is also a free currency obtained from being in a guild for the many guild events we see throughout the month, even if you lose or do the bare minimum.

Stun guns are in the shard shop, which is again a free currency that can be gained by anyone with a single 7* toon.

Stun guns can be farmed on a DS node by anyone that has reached that level and had energy.

If you dont manage your income of the rarer resources, you will run out. If you dont make hard choices and sometimes wait to put it where it will most desired or effective, you may be wanting them more and not having them due to farming time.
  • evoluza wrote: »
    Stun guns are only in the guild event store and shard shop. Never where in the guild store

I think he means the guild event store, as he mentioned the yellow currency
  • Kyno wrote: »
    no

This.
    P2W implies (and kind of states) that if you pay for this item you will win, and to some extent that you cannot get this through other means. Having stun guns in no way will grant you a win that you cant gain through other means.

Farming locations:

Stun guns are in the main shipment for crystals for both the salvage and the full gun - this can be purchased with crystals gained for free from arena.

Stun guns are in the guild event store, this is also a free currency obtained from being in a guild for the many guild events we see throughout the month, even if you lose or do the bare minimum.

Stun guns are in the shard shop, which is again a free currency that can be gained by anyone with a single 7* toon.

Stun guns can be farmed on a DS node by anyone that has reached that level and had energy.

If you dont manage your income of the rarer resources, you will run out. If you dont make hard choices and sometimes wait to put it where it will most desired or effective, you may be wanting them more and not having them due to farming time.

Yeah man what I mean is that I use to get them I’m Guild store allot and shard store but now it feels like the rate of them appearing has been decreased. I usually never have over 5K guild event currency due to spending all the time for stun guns ect but now I’ve got over 40K.

I thought they might have nerfed the rate it appears so that you are forced to purchased them (p2w) instead of getting them regularly in guild events ect.
    Can't beat POE and aren't willing to change strats to defeat him? Cry nerf lol
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    Kyno wrote: »
    no

This.

Farming locations:

Yeah man what I mean is that I use to get them I’m Guild store allot and shard store but now it feels like the rate of them appearing has been decreased. I usually never have over 5K guild event currency due to spending all the time for stun guns ect but now I’ve got over 40K.

I thought they might have nerfed the rate it appears so that you are forced to purchased them (p2w) instead of getting them regularly in guild events ect.

And as you can see from my list there, that is not the only way to get them perfectly free.

ever since i finished HY and wampa, i dont think i have ever had less than 35-40k GEC, so i dont think thats abnormal. I dont see them any less than i used to.
  • You
    KTroy24 wrote: »
    no

This.

Farming locations:

And as you can see from my list there, that is not the only way to get them perfectly free.

ever since i finished HY and wampa, i dont think i have ever had less than 35-40k GEC, so i dont think thats abnormal. I dont see them any less than i used to.

This is only the perspective of an older player. If I started a year ago that number of GET is waaaay off. So you have to remember not everyone has played for 3 years