Attacking with out setting up a def in GA

Prev13456710
How is it that a person who didnt set up a defense for GA gets to attack me for points? i still won but i find it stupid that they get a chance to get the credit award for kills , while i get 0. if they dont set up a defense they shouldnt get any chance on offense iuwe16dzaabx.jpg

Replies

• leef
    13458 posts Member
    yea, they should remove that credit reward for defeating teams.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef wrote: »

Or, remove the ability to collect credits or awards if they dont set a D.
  • This is where the dingdongs who hate GA come in to call you "greedy" because you want to win the match AND actually get to play the mode as it was obviously intended. You Greedy McGreederson.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Jarvind wrote: »
    This is where the dingdongs who hate GA come in to call you "greedy" because you want to win the match AND actually get to play the mode as it was obviously intended. You Greedy McGreederson.
    :D

Perhaps more importantly having nothing to attack prevents you from progressing on the GA quests.
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Jarvind wrote: »
    This is where the dingdongs who hate GA come in to call you "greedy" because you want to win the match AND actually get to play the mode as it was obviously intended. You Greedy McGreederson.

i honestly don't care if i get to play or not its a free win i don't care about the credits or the achievements i will get them in the long run , but its a problem allowing the other team to attack at all when they don't set up any defense. If you don't set a defense you shouldn't get to do any offense at all. It allows them to get the credit awards that the other team that actually bothered to set up a defense doesn't get. Either that or make it flat out if they don't set a def give the player the credit awards for having won..but i prefer no defense no offense.

• They will eventually just roll out the auto defense again once they fix it and this won’t be an issue.
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    then the crys of , how did a auto defense beat me , the player had no input! no they need to flat out remove no defense and make it where when you sign up you set your defense right then and there to complete the sign up phase , once set up then you have 24 hours to make changes between each phase that way you always play against player inputted defenses and not AI generated
  • leef wrote: »

Or just award the credits for fights that are auto cleared due to no defenses.
  • They get to play their game how they want.
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    then the crys of , how did a auto defense beat me , the player had no input! no they need to flat out remove no defense and make it where when you sign up you set your defense right then and there to complete the sign up phase , once set up then you have 24 hours to make changes between each phase that way you always play against player inputted defenses and not AI generated

If you lose to an auto set defense , you deserve to lose , pretty simple. The AI in no way shape or form is better than an actual person lol.
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    They get to play their game how they want.

If you lose to an auto set defense , you deserve to lose , pretty simple. The AI in no way shape or form is better than an actual person lol.

and you fail to see the point a auto defense has no player input in selecting the squads a player may have taken his best teams and kept them on offense while the AI might select a sith Team you cant beat on def. Again no Player input means the player shouldnt be in the event period to get the awards. Maybe not a problem for those with 3m power and a whole arsenal of characters to choose from , but for those of us with 900k to 1.2m with limited number of squads available it becomes a problem.

• They get to play their game how they want.

Why would they get to play how they want and we don’t ?
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator

and you fail to see the point a auto defense has no player input in selecting the squads a player may have taken his best teams and kept them on offense while the AI might select a sith Team you cant beat on def. Again no Player input means the player shouldnt be in the event period to get the awards. Maybe not a problem for those with 3m power and a whole arsenal of characters to choose from , but for those of us with 900k to 1.2m with limited number of squads available it becomes a problem.

The auto set defenses are just teams of 5 made from the roster of the player starting at the highest power and going down. it doesn't select "teams" just places 5 toons and then moves to the next 5. this may end up with 1 or 2 actual teams as things line up but it is unlikely.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    JohnAran wrote: »

Because GA has poor design and is not a fun part of the game. I usually don’t set defenses because I don’t think it’s a good setup: so I just crush my opponents teams using every character I have. Hate me if you want, I’m just taking advantage of GA. I still lose, but I’m most definitely having more fun.
  • Nihion wrote: »

Because GA has poor design and is not a fun part of the game. I usually don’t set defenses because I don’t think it’s a good setup: so I just crush my opponents teams using every character I have. Hate me if you want, I’m just taking advantage of GA. I still lose, but I’m most definitely having more fun.

Glad you think its not fun.

So you should be deprived of the rewards and not the other guy. Really I dont see how this isnt immediately patched. Deprive the guy who trys of 600k+ credits and give 600k+ credits to the guy trying to spoil it.

I'll say it again: I dont see how this isnt immediately patched.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    VonZant wrote: »
    Nihion wrote: »

So you should be deprived of the rewards and not the other guy. Really I dont see how this isnt immediately patched. Deprive the guy who trys of 600k+ credits and give 600k+ credits to the guy trying to spoil it.

That’s why I have a right to do it... it’s a legal move. Truly he ends up with more in game rewards, I just get to have fun. Sorry that I know the loopholes and enjoy protesting poorly developed game modes.

That’s why I have a right to do it... it’s a legal move. Truly he ends up with more in game rewards, I just get to have fun. Sorry that I know the loopholes and enjoy protesting poorly developed game modes.

Yes. Which is exactly why they should immediately patch it. Its not just that its a loophole that gives you rewards. It actually deprives another player of rewards.

This is typically one of those issues in games of any genre that are immediately hotfixed. And I completely understand dev time and dont expect things to be released until they are done.

But this is not that. Should be hotfixed before next GA.
  • To me, 0 Defense opponents are like mythical unicorns, I have only heard of them but never encountered one. Probably too many tryhards in the 4M+ bracket. Wish I’d meet some of these unicorns honestly.
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    edited February 2019

you win, and have a better chance of ending up in a higher end reward tier. so no he doesn't get better rewards than you.

misread that.
    Post edited by Kyno on

I bet you were that kid that when you were getting whooped at Street Fighter, you'd get up and hit reset on the console so you could say you "didn't lose."
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Kyno wrote: »

you win, and have a better chance of ending up in a higher end reward tier. so no he doesn't get better rewards than you.

He sets no D kyno , he can't win
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Kyno wrote: »

He sets no D kyno , he can't win

yeah i misread that.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member

I bet you were that kid that when you were getting whooped at Street Fighter, you'd get up and hit reset on the console so you could say you "didn't lose."

I never played Street Fighter. I’m probably one of those dumb new kids everyone talks about.

I see it this way: I get the 600k credits or whatever and the chance to play. They get zetas and gear, so we’re almost even.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019

Not really, I fully endorse people not setting D if the match is stupid and outcome predetermined. No one should be forced to waste time on something that's predetermined...that said

I do agree they should not be allowed to attack.. I fully endorse not setting D....I fully endorse that player not setting D to NOT BE getting quests and credit bonuses... The reason you don't set is cause you lost..

.Then again there are people in real life who get too busy or things happen and not setting D was NOT on purpose...not sure how I feel about them being penalized because of real life...

tough one.... I guess I would probably lean towards if you don't set a D you lose no attacking...But people should be fully allowed to choose not to set a defense on a straight stupid matchup PROTEST4LYFE
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019

They should not be allowed to attack but should be allowed to place no defense....

That said.... 12 modulators>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> 5 modulators and 600k

so i agree with you ethically they should not be allowed to attack but disagree that your still not being rewarded greatly for winning. I would spend 60 million credits right now at 100k a modulator 30 6* mods... a bajillion guild and shard shop currency saved...yeah

Again I AGREE they should not be allowed to attack after not setting D....but the pity party people are throwing for the cost of moving some mods around and a quest you'll eventually finish and then NEVER have anything to strive for after that is just loltastic

Like I love how some people who may actually have lost if a person did not place a D and could theoretically end up in last place actually complain about a few credits.....

You won, you move up......stop already with this crusade against NO-D'ers

NO-D4LYFE

4therecord i have only not set D once in the entire GA run because it was Xmas time and I was 1,000,0000% GUARANTEED to lose.... dude had revan/traya I had neither, there was no ships...yeah and after seeing his D.... I would not have taken a single area.......LIFE TIME SAVED over a holiday>>>>>>>> than giving some guy satteeesssfaaactttioon. I think I drank many an egg nog that night
  • the original comment was the fact they were allowed to attack in the first place when they set no defense ..that's the issue i have and the only issue i have ...if you don't set a defense you should be locked out of Attacking period and not get an opportunity for any type of kill awards when the other player who did set a defense is not going to be allowed to get those awards because they cant attack. Either they need to make it were they cant attack at all , or make it were even if you fight someone with no defense you get the awards IE credits as if you did defeat them.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    the original comment was the fact they were allowed to attack in the first place when they set no defense ..that's the issue i have and the only issue i have ...if you don't set a defense you should be locked out of Attacking period and not get an opportunity for any type of kill awards when the other player who did set a defense is not going to be allowed to get those awards because they cant attack. Either they need to make it were they cant attack at all , or make it were even if you fight someone with no defense you get the awards IE credits as if you did defeat them.

That’s all you want is 600k credits?
  • uno
    150 posts Member
    its a bit of a bummer when ur opponent doesn't set a defense but as so many have stated earlier...it's a free win.
    i could see tho how a player who concedes this way might do so based on roster comparison. i have a guildy who finally won a match(yes, his first win) because the opponent forgot to attack...he has every toon unlocked which is great for TB but hurts in GA...
    as someone who hasn't lost a round yet, i think the only thing that really needs to change is the matchmaking. it should group based on ur placement of the last GA or some kind of average finish...ino my guildy would b a lot more excited if he was actually facing other collector's and the champs of the arena's with no depth can duke it out....i should note that if my suggestion were actually implemented, i'd probably easily get beaten...maybe
  • The simplist fix. If you set no defense, you are putting zero effort in towards winning. Therefore, you get zero rewards. That takes away the incentive to just sign up and put no effort in.
  • ZoeyMara
    57 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    the original comment was the fact they were allowed to attack in the first place when they set no defense ..that's the issue i have and the only issue i have ...if you don't set a defense you should be locked out of Attacking period and not get an opportunity for any type of kill awards when the other player who did set a defense is not going to be allowed to get those awards because they cant attack. Either they need to make it were they cant attack at all , or make it were even if you fight someone with no defense you get the awards IE credits as if you did defeat them.

That’s all you want is 600k credits?

and your reply shows you are missing the entire point , i don't care about the awards , i care about a system that awards players by letting them attack when they didn't bother to set a defense..not setting a defense gives the player who is actually playing the game zero chance at those low credits. The point is if they don't set a defense for you to attack then they shouldn't be allowed to attack you. not doing that gives them access to awards you as the one actually bothering to play have no access to the credits and the kills going towards achievements. Whats so hard about that? If shows that GA is broken and needs some fixes rather it be auto defense if you dont select or just flat out removing the player from the pool for that round and not awarding even a small award for not trying at all.