Attacking with out setting up a def in GA

14567810Next

Replies

• Options
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    And its my opinion its selfish to come here and complain about a win. So we are even.

So lets get this straight i never complained about the free win , i complained that someone who didnt set up a defense still got to attack and get credits for that win , that me the only one that did set up a defense didnt even get a chance to do .......you are all missing the point it had nothing to do with the free win , had nothing to do with the over all win , has everything to do with allowing someone to attack who didnt even set up a defense for the other person to even attack against giving them self credits while the person who is actually bothering to play misses out on those credits. But you dont need the credits....no you the person saying that dont need the credits not every one has 4m power and hordes of credits stock piling up on their accounts, not all of us have been playing since day 1 , some of us have been playing for under a year and still building our teams up and need all the credits we can get. But i honestly dont give a crap about the credits or the awards what i care about is the problem that someone who does not set up a defense can attack and get awards that a person who is actually playing the game gets denied ........how the hell is that hard to understand...its common sense. Thats not complaining thats pointing out a flaw on a forum that is designed just for that reason to have conversations about a game rather its good or bad.
    [/quote]

He is playing , he is using his toons to attack, or are you saying we should be told how to play OUR game? [/quote]

And if so , will you be paying for my account? If not you play with your account, ill play with mine. Pretty simple
  • Options
    And its my opinion its selfish to come here and complain about a win. So we are even.

So lets get this straight i never complained about the free win , i complained that someone who didnt set up a defense still got to attack and get credits for that win , that me the only one that did set up a defense didnt even get a chance to do .......you are all missing the point it had nothing to do with the free win , had nothing to do with the over all win , has everything to do with allowing someone to attack who didnt even set up a defense for the other person to even attack against giving them self credits while the person who is actually bothering to play misses out on those credits. But you dont need the credits....no you the person saying that dont need the credits not every one has 4m power and hordes of credits stock piling up on their accounts, not all of us have been playing since day 1 , some of us have been playing for under a year and still building our teams up and need all the credits we can get. But i honestly dont give a crap about the credits or the awards what i care about is the problem that someone who does not set up a defense can attack and get awards that a person who is actually playing the game gets denied ........how the hell is that hard to understand...its common sense. Thats not complaining thats pointing out a flaw on a forum that is designed just for that reason to have conversations about a game rather its good or bad.

He is playing , he is using his toons to attack, or are you saying we should be told how to play OUR game? [/quote]

And if so , will you be paying for my account? If not you play with your account, ill play with mine. Pretty simple[/quote]

are you going to pay for my account ? for forcing me to not be able to play MY game fully? i can run these circles all day long because you the one not setting defense are also forcing the other to have to play the game your way and not THEIR WAY.
  • Options
    Jesus ****. Still throwing a fit. Take your win and move on. You dont get to decide how i wish to play my account? This isnt a debate this isnt an opinion. How i play is my choice only. Dont like it **** in the forum... Thats your entire useless recourse... So why do it, nothing has changed for you.

"Directed at everyone in the thread bitcning about no D"

Your post really defines you as a person .... The outlook, not so good.....

What kind of wimp folds his cards before the dealer flops?....... Your kind of wimp..... Put up a defence, use strategy and fight......
  • Options

[/quote]

"Playing" should involve doing something in each phase....
  • Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    Jesus ****. Still throwing a fit. Take your win and move on. You dont get to decide how i wish to play my account? This isnt a debate this isnt an opinion. How i play is my choice only. Dont like it **** in the forum... Thats your entire useless recourse... So why do it, nothing has changed for you.

"Directed at everyone in the thread bitcning about no D"

Your post really defines you as a person .... The outlook, not so good.....

What kind of wimp folds his cards before the dealer flops?....... Your kind of wimp..... Put up a defence, use strategy and fight......

A smart poker player will fold preflop lots lol , horrible metaphor lol
  • Options

"Playing" should involve doing something in each phase....[/quote]

Again players saving their teams for offense is a valid way to PLAY , if they dont set up d and dont attack thats different. But who are you to say how i should play?
  • Options

He is playing , he is using his toons to attack, or are you saying we should be told how to play OUR game?

"Playing" should involve doing something in each phase....[/quote]

Again players saving their teams for offense is a valid way to PLAY , if they dont set up d and dont attack thats different. But who are you to say how i should play?[/quote]

He is playing to lose... Even a guy that sets a terrible defence has a punchers chance..... If he is so badly outmatched that all of his best can't clear, then he really needs to reevaluate his farming choices.....
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Wow.... The amount of sore losers in this thread is staggering....

U mean those losing 100k credits?

Except it isn't just credits.... I could care less about the credits....

I completed a quest last night, gave me five Zetas, five Omegas, some g12 gear and more credits than I got from wiping the board.... That's better rewards than I will get from winning the entire GA..... Pretty hard to progress in those quests when you get lazy selfish opponents that can't be bothered to set a defence though.....

I love that even though your winning, you believe your losing rewards. If that is the case, two things:
    - Why should I not deprive you of rewards? It benefits me and that’s how you play the game.
    - If you are losing more rewards for receiving a free win, then GA has a problem. Not the people who don’t set defense, but the GA reward system.
  • Options

He is playing , he is using his toons to attack, or are you saying we should be told how to play OUR game?

"Playing" should involve doing something in each phase....

Again players saving their teams for offense is a valid way to PLAY , if they dont set up d and dont attack thats different. But who are you to say how i should play?[/quote]

He is playing to lose... Even a guy that sets a terrible defence has a punchers chance..... If he is so badly outmatched that all of his best can't clear, then he really needs to reevaluate his farming choices.....[/quote]

And? Its his choice, like having a lean roster is yours. You dont get to tell other people how to play. Unless you want to pay for their accounts
  • Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Wow.... The amount of sore losers in this thread is staggering....

U mean those losing 100k credits?

Except it isn't just credits.... I could care less about the credits....

I completed a quest last night, gave me five Zetas, five Omegas, some g12 gear and more credits than I got from wiping the board.... That's better rewards than I will get from winning the entire GA..... Pretty hard to progress in those quests when you get lazy selfish opponents that can't be bothered to set a defence though.....

I love that even though your winning, you believe your losing rewards. If that is the case, two things:
    - Why should I not deprive you of rewards? It benefits me and that’s how you play the game.
    - If you are losing more rewards for receiving a free win, then GA has a problem. Not the people who don’t set defense, but the GA reward system.

Exactly this
  • Options
    If you are that worked up, it's time to step away from the screen. Nothing anyone posts on an Internet forum is worth blowing a gasket over.
  • Options

[/quote]

Now take a look at what you said "they didn't set defence BUT still attacked"
    Followed by "they are not playing"
    How is it possible to attack and yet not play at the same time?
    Basically they aren't playing the way YOU want them to so they are wrong.
    You need to check that privilege attitude.
    YOU DONT GET TO TELL ME HOW TO PLAY SORRY.
    I am playing within the confines of the system CG programmed therefore I am playing if I set defence or not.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    learn how to quote please, it's annoying me beyond belief haha.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I've thought of the perfect CG fix! Remove the credit rewards for defeating opposing teams. :D

2nd comment in this thread. That guy is a genius.\
    icanectc wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I never claimed to be the gatekeeper of anything..... Just because the design allows you to do something doesnt make it the right thing to do.....

Some of us are more respectful and mindful of our fellow players than to deny them resources and competition in a competitive game mode.....

It sure seems like you think you are when you say stuff like "if you don't want to compete, then don't join".
    VonZant wrote: »

Thats just it. If you dont set a D, then you are dictating how the other player gets to play, and he can do nothing about it. You then become the "gatekeeper that is dictating how the other person gets to play."

You are in effect saying: I get to play however I want and you cant control me. But you are deprving the other player of playing how they want and controlling them.

Should be patched. There really is no logical or reasonable argument against it.

The reason i commented is because everyone seems to be upset that others dictate how they play while they're trying to dictate how others play aswell, all while claiming some imaginary moral high ground.
    Personally i don't care either way, the only thing i'm afraid of is botched patchjobs. The sollution ea/cg comes up with won't necessarily be an improvement.

So what you’re saying is anyone’s should be able to play anything they want whatever way they want. Football ignore the rules. Basketball ignore the rules. Soccer ignore the rules.

Rules are updated constantly in leagues to put a better and fair game on the field. Just because you are opposed to an idea you can't use the justification that it affects how people play. Duh! It's supposed.

First of all, no one is breaking the rules eventhough some people act like not setting a def is a great injustice to humanity.
    I'm however glad that you realize that the people who want to change the rules want to dictate how others play. That's my whole point, they're mad at players who don't set a def because that affects the way they themselves want to play, but have no problem trying to change the rules so that others don't get to play the way they want to play.
    I could be wrong, but (most) people who don't set a def aren't doing that for it to have an affect on other people, they do it because they don't want to. It may have a negative effect for the opponent, but that's not the primary motive behind not setting a def. The goal isn't to change(ruin) someone else's experience, that's just collateral damage.
    I'd also like to note that not wanting others to change the way you play is a perfect justification for not wanting the rules to change. If you like the way you're playing, why on earth would you want others to be able to change the way you like to play?
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I've thought of the perfect CG fix! Remove the credit rewards for defeating opposing teams. :D

2nd comment in this thread. That guy is a genius.\
    icanectc wrote: »

I never claimed to be the gatekeeper of anything..... Just because the design allows you to do something doesnt make it the right thing to do.....

Some of us are more respectful and mindful of our fellow players than to deny them resources and competition in a competitive game mode.....

It sure seems like you think you are when you say stuff like "if you don't want to compete, then don't join".
    VonZant wrote: »

Thats just it. If you dont set a D, then you are dictating how the other player gets to play, and he can do nothing about it. You then become the "gatekeeper that is dictating how the other person gets to play."

You are in effect saying: I get to play however I want and you cant control me. But you are deprving the other player of playing how they want and controlling them.

Should be patched. There really is no logical or reasonable argument against it.

The reason i commented is because everyone seems to be upset that others dictate how they play while they're trying to dictate how others play aswell, all while claiming some imaginary moral high ground.
    Personally i don't care either way, the only thing i'm afraid of is botched patchjobs. The sollution ea/cg comes up with won't necessarily be an improvement.

So what you’re saying is anyone’s should be able to play anything they want whatever way they want. Football ignore the rules. Basketball ignore the rules. Soccer ignore the rules.

Rules are updated constantly in leagues to put a better and fair game on the field. Just because you are opposed to an idea you can't use the justification that it affects how people play. Duh! It's supposed.

First of all, no one is breaking the rules eventhough some people act like not setting a def is a great injustice to humanity.
    I'm however glad that you realize that the people who want to change the rules want to dictate how others play. That's my whole point, they're mad at players who don't set a def because that affects the way they themselves want to play, but have no problem trying to change the rules so that others don't get to play the way they want to play.
    I could be wrong, but (most) people who don't set a def aren't doing that for it to have an affect on other people, they do it because they don't want to. It may have a negative effect for the opponent, but that's not the primary motive behind not setting a def. The goal isn't to change(ruin) someone else's experience, that's just collateral damage.
    I'd also like to note that not wanting others to change the way you play is a perfect justification for not wanting the rules to change. If you like the way you're playing, why on earth would you want others to be able to change the way you like to play?

I couldn’t have said it better myself
  • Options
    1. If you don't set a defense in one round and still attack you should get 0 credits.
    2. If you don't set a defense in all three rounds and still attack you should get 0 rewards.
    All because you didn't play the game to its fullest.
    Also, I'd like to see the score total on my opponent rise before the attack phase so I know they are setting a D. I don't need to see their teams just an indication before hand that they are actually competing.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    twstdbydsn wrote: »
    1. If you don't set a defense in one round and still attack you should get 0 credits.
    2. If you don't set a defense in all three rounds and still attack you should get 0 rewards.
    All because you didn't play the game to its fullest.
    Also, I'd like to see the score total on my opponent rise before the attack phase so I know they are setting a D. I don't need to see their teams just an indication before hand that they are actually competing.

Groundbreaking reason to bump thread or not

7 ppl in our group 35-50 g12

One guy with 6 i would not play either if matchmaking was that bad....
    and i would def curse out people who whined about forcing that poor guy to play
  • qkjerome
    21 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    When all my opponents have 30% higher character GP because CG counts fleet GP in non-fleet arenas.... I am seriously thinking of not wasting precious time to set defenses. If my opponent didn’t go all fluff then it is almost a guaranteed loss anyway, at my level 30% GP makes a big difference.