Attacking with out setting up a def in GA

Replies

• Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    CHFC22 wrote: »
    Still just think setting defense should act as a multiplier for the points you get on offense. So you could still win by clearing the opposition but would have to have luck on your side to do so. Amazed by the thought not setting a defence is a legitimate tactic, but so be it, so just make it a riskier tactic for those who use it, and there'd also be no need to reintroduce auto deployment (or you could choose to opt in or out of it)

Sometimes people forget or just love to evade the rules (REBELS!), so I think if they were to patch this, auto deployment might be necessary. However it would make people very upset depending on the defense the AI sets. Regardless, I like it the way it is, obviously.

Agree to an extent but I'd politely suggest it's better to have some people annoyed due to their own forgetfulness than it is to have some annoyed by the actions of others. The issue of folk being annoyed by auto deployment would be a non starter if they have the choice to opt out - ie they know what might happen if they leave it to the game to decide.
  • Nihion
    3340 posts Member
    Options
    Nihion wrote: »
    Still just think setting defense should act as a multiplier for the points you get on offense. So you could still win by clearing the opposition but would have to have luck on your side to do so. Amazed by the thought not setting a defence is a legitimate tactic, but so be it, so just make it a riskier tactic for those who use it, and there'd also be no need to reintroduce auto deployment (or you could choose to opt in or out of it)

Sometimes people forget or just love to evade the rules (REBELS!), so I think if they were to patch this, auto deployment might be necessary. However it would make people very upset depending on the defense the AI sets. Regardless, I like it the way it is, obviously.

Agree to an extent but I'd politely suggest it's better to have some people annoyed due to their own forgetfulness than it is to have some annoyed by the actions of others. The issue of folk being annoyed by auto deployment would be a non starter if they have the choice to opt out - ie they know what might happen if they leave it to the game to decide.

Yeah I guess you’re right. Truthfully, I just don’t like GA in general.
  • Options
    Probably this thread has run its course. Now its just much gnashing of teeth.

We have all said our pieces. Lets see what the devs do.
  • Options
    VonZant wrote: »

Agree Devs already said what they are going to do.. Waste time on stupid non issues like this instead of working on putting out real content... sigh

• Options
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    ThisYeezy wrote: »
    The simplist fix. If you set no defense, you are putting zero effort in towards winning. Therefore, you get zero rewards. That takes away the incentive to just sign up and put no effort in.

People get rewards for taking 0s on raids, not battling in TB, doing no battles in squad or fleet arena, etc. Why would Grand Arena be any different?

When you take a 0 in a raid, do not do squad or fleet battles, you don't hurt anyone but yourself..... As for TB, no decent guild is going to carry your dead weight around if you don't participate.....

As for GA, it's different, being too lazy to set a defence hurts your opponent......

To me, it's not about matchmaking or protesting (not setting defence isn't protesting), or about "legal moves" it's about common courtesy and respect for your fellow player....

The player who didn't set defense loses and the opponent wins. Make the argument about quests and credits all you want, but not setting defense and giving the opponent an automatic win is hurting yourself. It's not different at all even though you want it to be because you apparently like the mode more than the others. Until not participating gives zero rewards in every other mode they should in no way change that fact in Grand Arena. If being 'courteous' was a huge priority for CG, squad and fleet arena would have been modified years ago to prevent shard chats.
  • Options
    The simplist fix. If you set no defense, you are putting zero effort in towards winning. Therefore, you get zero rewards. That takes away the incentive to just sign up and put no effort in.

People get rewards for taking 0s on raids, not battling in TB, doing no battles in squad or fleet arena, etc. Why would Grand Arena be any different?

When you take a 0 in a raid, do not do squad or fleet battles, you don't hurt anyone but yourself..... As for TB, no decent guild is going to carry your dead weight around if you don't participate.....

As for GA, it's different, being too lazy to set a defence hurts your opponent......

To me, it's not about matchmaking or protesting (not setting defence isn't protesting), or about "legal moves" it's about common courtesy and respect for your fellow player....

The player who didn't set defense loses and the opponent wins. Make the argument about quests and credits all you want, but not setting defense and giving the opponent an automatic win is hurting yourself. It's not different at all even though you want it to be because you apparently like the mode more than the others. Until not participating gives zero rewards in every other mode they should in no way change that fact in Grand Arena. If being 'courteous' was a huge priority for CG, squad and fleet arena would have been modified years ago to prevent shard chats.

This , all you GA lovers dont get to tell me how to play my game. If they do force a defense , ill put 1 lvl 1 toon and be done , enjoy.
  • Options
    I've thought of the perfect CG fix! Remove the credit rewards for defeating opposing teams. :D
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    Huatimus wrote: »
    I've thought of the perfect CG fix! Remove the credit rewards for defeating opposing teams. :D

Give it for setting a defense problem solved right !!!!!!!!
  • Options
    More rewards for sandbagging please
  • Options
    Wow.... The amount of sore losers in this thread is staggering....
  • Options
    leef wrote: »
    However, we're ALL here to play the game. The game which is an activity that we engage in for amusement or fun. And knowingly and willingly preventing others from doing that is gutter level behaviour. There are no excuses. If you think it's ok then I desperately hope you're not responsible for raising children.

Wow, haha.
    I'm more okay with players not setting a def than with statements like yours in that last sentence. You just disqualified yourself from being taken serious.

I admit it's extreme but you're ok with an attitude that goes 'screw everyone else, I'll do what I want, when I want and not even blink to think about how it may affect others'? Entitled, selfish, disregarding. Don't give people a free pass to be jerks and less people will be jerks.

If you think someone is only selfish in some aspects of life and not others....leopard can't change it's spots etc.

So u expect someone to actually use his time to set defenses FOR YOUR ENJOYMENT? And FOR YOUR REWARD? Looks like someone here is entitled, selfish and disregarding.

My alt consistently wipes opponents in GA, and usually my first opponent gives up without setting defenses. Do i care? No. I rather get the win thanks.

To all those whining about not getting 100k measly credits from your opponent, get a life seriously.
  • Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »

Agree Devs already said what they are going to do.. Waste time on stupid non issues like this instead of working on putting out real content... sigh

True, this is a non issue. Not putting defenses is a choice which should be left to the players. If you set random crap autodeploy defenses, there would be a riot either way.
  • Options

U mean those losing 100k credits?
  • Options

Except it isn't just credits.... I could care less about the credits....

I completed a quest last night, gave me five Zetas, five Omegas, some g12 gear and more credits than I got from wiping the board.... That's better rewards than I will get from winning the entire GA..... Pretty hard to progress in those quests when you get lazy selfish opponents that can't be bothered to set a defence though.....
  • Options

This , all you GA lovers dont get to tell me how to play my game. If they do force a defense , ill put 1 lvl 1 toon and be done , enjoy.

Yes, because you can set one toon on defence.... That's how this game works right?
  • Options

I completed a quest last night, gave me five Zetas, five Omegas, some g12 gear and more credits than I got from wiping the board.... That's better rewards than I will get from winning the entire GA..... Pretty hard to progress in those quests when you get lazy selfish opponents that can't be bothered to set a defence though.....

yt0pt9tmekhf.jpeg

My alt has nearly twice that balance, just saying.

So you mean you want a one time reward that you will eventually get over gear salvage that you effectively lose forever if you lose the round?

#logic.
  • Options

yt0pt9tmekhf.jpeg

So you mean you want a one time reward that you will eventually get over gear salvage that you effectively lose forever if you lose the round?

#logic.

First off, that's a nice collection of Zetas, but not everybody is in that position, certainly not me.... And yes, I want that reward.... I also want to win the round.... Which I did by the way.... Not sure why you would equate achieving the quest with losing the round, that makes absolutely no sense....

"#logic"
  • Options

yt0pt9tmekhf.jpeg

#logic.

First off, that's a nice collection of Zetas, but not everybody is in that position, certainly not me.... And yes, I want that reward.... I also want to win the round.... Which I did by the way.... Not sure why you would equate achieving the quest with losing the round, that makes absolutely no sense....

"#logic"

Yea obviously u won the round if there weren’t any defences. And no, i’m merely saying be happy with the better reward you have and stop whining. In the end, the likely maximum exposure u have to opponents who arent placing defences is likely to be once per GA. Others may take 4 GA rounds to complete a quest, you take 5. Not much difference there.
  • Options

yt0pt9tmekhf.jpeg

#logic.

"#logic"

Yea obviously u won the round if there weren’t any defences. And no, i’m merely saying be happy with the better reward you have and stop whining. In the end, the likely maximum exposure u have to opponents who arent placing defences is likely to be once per GA. Others may take 4 GA rounds to complete a quest, you take 5. Not much difference there.

Does it not occur to you that people can have an opinion without "whining"?..... It's a discussion board, people come here to discuss things, some of which are opinions.... It happens....

My opponent set defences, in fact all of them did this GA... It still doesn't change my opinion that it is lazy and selfish not to....
  • Options

yt0pt9tmekhf.jpeg

#logic.

"#logic"

Does it not occur to you that people can have an opinion without "whining"?..... It's a discussion board, people come here to discuss things, some of which are opinions.... It happens....

My opponent set defences, in fact all of them did this GA... It still doesn't change my opinion that it is lazy and selfish not to....

And its my opinion its selfish to come here and complain about a win. So we are even.
  • Options

yt0pt9tmekhf.jpeg

#logic.

"#logic"

Yea and my opinion is that it is selfish and entitled of u to want them to spend time to deploy defenses when they dont want, or maybe are unable to due to this more important commitment called life.

You seem to assume that all players who did not set defenses actually intended to not set defenses because they are sore losers. There is in fact, such a thing called life that most of us have, and it gets in the way sometimes.
  • Options
    Which is more selfish?
    • Person A who plays in a way that maximizes their own benefits
    • Person B who insists that Person A put in additional time and effort so that Person B might benefit.
  • Options
    Which is more selfish?
    • Person B who insists that Person A put in additional time and effort so that Person B might benefit.

Person C who signs in to a tournament and doesn't play it, thereby depriving his opponent of rewards for no reason other than spite.....
  • Options
    Which is more selfish?
    Person A, since they chose to participate and setting a trash defense is trivial and does not cost them any in-game rewards.
  • Options
    Which is more selfish?

Person C who signs in to a tournament and doesn't play it, thereby depriving his opponent of rewards for no reason other than spite.....

There is no person C. Everyone that enters GA receives rewards.
  • Options
    icanectc wrote: »
    leef wrote: »

I never claimed to be the gatekeeper of anything..... Just because the design allows you to do something doesnt make it the right thing to do.....

Some of us are more respectful and mindful of our fellow players than to deny them resources and competition in a competitive game mode.....

It sure seems like you think you are when you say stuff like "if you don't want to compete, then don't join".

Thats just it. If you dont set a D, then you are dictating how the other player gets to play, and he can do nothing about it. You then become the "gatekeeper that is dictating how the other person gets to play."

You are in effect saying: I get to play however I want and you cant control me. But you are deprving the other player of playing how they want and controlling them.

Should be patched. There really is no logical or reasonable argument against it.

The reason i commented is because everyone seems to be upset that others dictate how they play while they're trying to dictate how others play aswell, all while claiming some imaginary moral high ground.
    Personally i don't care either way, the only thing i'm afraid of is botched patchjobs. The sollution ea/cg comes up with won't necessarily be an improvement.

So what you’re saying is anyone’s should be able to play anything they want whatever way they want. Football ignore the rules. Basketball ignore the rules. Soccer ignore the rules.

Rules are updated constantly in leagues to put a better and fair game on the field. Just because you are opposed to an idea you can't use the justification that it affects how people play. Duh! It's supposed.

So how is GA supposed to be played? Did someone write the rules? Oh i think it’s there in the scoreboard - u just won because your opponent didnt set defenses. Nothing wrong there.
  • Options
    Jesus ****. Still throwing a fit. Take your win and move on. You dont get to decide how i wish to play my account? This isnt a debate this isnt an opinion. How i play is my choice only. Dont like it **** in the forum... Thats your entire useless recourse... So why do it, nothing has changed for you.

"Directed at everyone in the thread bitcning about no D"
  • Options
    Kyno wrote: »
    ZoeyMara wrote: »
    They get to play their game how they want.
    then the crys of , how did a auto defense beat me , the player had no input! no they need to flat out remove no defense and make it where when you sign up you set your defense right then and there to complete the sign up phase , once set up then you have 24 hours to make changes between each phase that way you always play against player inputted defenses and not AI generated

If you lose to an auto set defense , you deserve to lose , pretty simple. The AI in no way shape or form is better than an actual person lol.

and you fail to see the point a auto defense has no player input in selecting the squads a player may have taken his best teams and kept them on offense while the AI might select a sith Team you cant beat on def. Again no Player input means the player shouldnt be in the event period to get the awards. Maybe not a problem for those with 3m power and a whole arsenal of characters to choose from , but for those of us with 900k to 1.2m with limited number of squads available it becomes a problem.

The auto set defenses are just teams of 5 made from the roster of the player starting at the highest power and going down. it doesn't select "teams" just places 5 toons and then moves to the next 5. this may end up with 1 or 2 actual teams as things line up but it is unlikely.

That's a big fail. Auto set should not reward them by placing highest level to lowest. It should be lowest power to highest. That gives the attacker a better chance at the shield and health bonus's.
  • Options
    And its my opinion its selfish to come here and complain about a win. So we are even. [/quote]

So lets get this straight i never complained about the free win , i complained that someone who didnt set up a defense still got to attack and get credits for that win , that me the only one that did set up a defense didnt even get a chance to do .......you are all missing the point it had nothing to do with the free win , had nothing to do with the over all win , has everything to do with allowing someone to attack who didnt even set up a defense for the other person to even attack against giving them self credits while the person who is actually bothering to play misses out on those credits. But you dont need the credits....no you the person saying that dont need the credits not every one has 4m power and hordes of credits stock piling up on their accounts, not all of us have been playing since day 1 , some of us have been playing for under a year and still building our teams up and need all the credits we can get. But i honestly dont give a crap about the credits or the awards what i care about is the problem that someone who does not set up a defense can attack and get awards that a person who is actually playing the game gets denied ........how the hell is that hard to understand...its common sense. Thats not complaining thats pointing out a flaw on a forum that is designed just for that reason to have conversations about a game rather its good or bad.
    [/quote]

He is playing , he is using his toons to attack, or are you saying we should be told how to play OUR game?