Event mod/player locks problem

Replies

• Btw I don’t know if I’d put nightsisters on defense since imperial troopers especially rip through them. And most people tend to save imperial troopers for offense since AI can’t seem to them well

I run into at least one opponent without troopers every ga, and this is in the 3.5mil area. It's kind of surprising.

I use ns everytime i see that and they either can't beat them or have to waste a way better team then they should
  • The amusing part of this whole discussion is that mods aren't actually locked during TW.
    I mean, they are supposed to be locked, and they look like they are locked, but they aren't. Not really.
    I suspect there are some guilds that take advantage of this feature. I don't because it's too much trouble moving mods around all the time.
  • Ninjah9 wrote: »
    @Everyone : So you guys are saying you use one set for each character in all modes? Raids? There are different situations, and strategies that require different mods. Either you guys aren't telling the truth about changing mods, or you guys just dont play strategically.

Remodding 100+ characters is not my idea of fun. Good strategery or not, I don't do it.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Mkfly wrote: »
    Liath wrote: »
    Mkfly wrote: »
    Mods are the nerve of the game now. And there is situation that you can change mods on your team and that will make the difference between winning or losing in arena or TW. They give us a tool to switch mods why we can't use it ?? Mod's should be lock on the account to only be available once by TW//GA but not lock on a character.

You can use it. You just can’t use it for free because they want to incentivize you to continue farming mods so you have enough good ones for everyone.

The lock is there because it allows predictability and prevents gaming the system. The way you suggest it somebody could remove all mods from his characters before lock to get an easier opponent and then put them back. And, you wouldn’t be able to analyze your opponent appropriately because you wouldn’t know what mods they would use for the teams they actually put in, which is a pretty big difference. My strategy is different if my opponent has a faster Revan than it is if he has a Revan that’s 50 speed under mine.

Just count the mods in gp even if they are not equiped then....

Are you also going to count the 500 mods sitting in my inventory that I don’t have room for on eligible characters? No thank you.
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    GP could include mod amounts on characters
    and in inventory. Mods on or off wouldn’t matter. It would be a grand total.
    Then you could have all mods lock in. Set your defence with mods- locked in.
    Have all your offence characters modless if you desire and apply then when you go to attack.
    After attack you can’t use those characters and mods.
  • Huatimus wrote: »
    Ninjah9 wrote: »
    @Huatimus: No I would not leave him modless, I would have to give him subpar mods. Which majorly hurts my arena rank, as almost everybody knows these days; unless your revan is at 300+ speed you will immediately be dropped from the top 50. Make sense?

No it still doesn't make sense. Why would I want to put subpar mods on my Revan if I want him good enough to counter another Revan team in GA or TW? It sounds like you should be doing a heck of a lot more farming for mods. At the rate that you're burning credits shifting them around like that, you probably could have just upgraded or bought more mods.

It cost mod energy, not credits to upgrade mods...
  • Deadheat wrote: »
    As if everyone has an unlimited amount of credits and ship material. As if this game gives you what you want even after a year of farming. As if mods upgrade the way you want them to. I swear these forums are populated with nothing but whales who have had insane luck.

“I do it this way and it works. Don’t mind the insane RNG, material requirements, and time needed to do XYZ, I was able to do it, so can you.” Pathetic reasoning to dismiss a valid complaint.

...AMEN
  • Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Huatimus wrote: »
    @Huatimus: No I would not leave him modless, I would have to give him subpar mods. Which majorly hurts my arena rank, as almost everybody knows these days; unless your revan is at 300+ speed you will immediately be dropped from the top 50. Make sense?

No it still doesn't make sense. Why would I want to put subpar mods on my Revan if I want him good enough to counter another Revan team in GA or TW? It sounds like you should be doing a heck of a lot more farming for mods. At the rate that you're burning credits shifting them around like that, you probably could have just upgraded or bought more mods.

Upgrade as in leveling more mods to level 15.

Not slicing.
    odwaww7pq30i.jpg
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    As an example let's say I wanted to create a solid nightsister team for defense in GA/TW. And I want to give them some of my arena mods from my revan team. That means I would have to leave those mods on the nightsisters overnight, and have my Revan team fall 50+ places in arena.

Why would you have to leave them on for 24 hours? Just move them ten minutes before player lock then move them back after the lock is done .....

Because player lock usually happens at an ungodly hour...
  • @jhbuchholz :"Imagine if we could move character shards around. "I'm going to move 330 GMY shards to unlock Scav Rey for the raid and when I'm done I'll move them back to GMY so I can hold my arena position." That's kind of wonky. And what folks do with mods."

Dude that's not even close to point I'm trying to make. Comparing mods to shards is a ridiculous false equivalency.
  • jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Deadheat wrote: »
    As if everyone has an unlimited amount of credits and ship material. As if this game gives you what you want even after a year of farming. As if mods upgrade the way you want them to. I swear these forums are populated with nothing but whales who have had insane luck.

“I do it this way and it works. Don’t mind the insane RNG, material requirements, and time needed to do XYZ, I was able to do it, so can you.” Pathetic reasoning to dismiss a valid complaint.

This entire game is built around farming. Those who farm the right things fastest are ahead. Mods are one of those right things. If you feel like moving mods around is necessary for you to do well then that's an indicator that you need to farm more.

Imagine if we could move character shards around. "I'm going to move 330 GMY shards to unlock Scav Rey for the raid and when I'm done I'll move them back to GMY so I can hold my arena position." That's kind of wonky. And what folks do with mods.

Good mods are supposed to be rare and the folks with great mods across their entire arena squad spent time, energy, and credits to get them. You don't luck into 30 great mods. And along the way you pick up a bunch of really good mods for other game modes.

If you don't want to farm stuff then maybe you're playing the wrong game?

I think you are being overly rude to the OP. Otherwise maybe you can point out the place where you can farm mods that inherently know that they should be your best health and offense mods when using NS in P4 and then magically switch their stats when being used in PvP. Or Perhaps you think 179 and 178 are the perfect PvP speeds for death trooper and Han solo? If you want to maximize your performance across game modes you are forced to sacrifice some credits and move some mods. If you are happy with a lower performance in one of the game modes then of course you don't have to move mods but it's a perfectly valid choice for using credits for those that want to.

Regarding your earlier point, yes, the devs said the system was originally designed for them to be relatively static. But they specifically went back on this and addressed the requests of a large number of players to make mod moving easier when they introduced loadouts.

The main point is, it makes no difference if you farmed mods to death and have the best mods you can imagine the game producing or if you picked up a few free ones that are mostly trash, you will still be able to improve your performance across the whole game if you choose to move mods occasionally.

This is an excellent point! If mods were designed to be static ( which is obviously not true at all) the devs would have made it like gear; where they can never be removed. I mean seriously leave one mod set on a character forever??? That is what makes no sense, as an example let's say you put a good 10 speed mod on your best character; then later obtain a 20 speed mod. You're saying you would just leave the 10 speed mod because that was the first one you gave them, even though the 20 speed mod would give you more of an advantage in arena (where you earn crystals) ?
  • Ninjah9
    906 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Kyno wrote: »
    Mod toons for what you plan to use them for, if you find yourself moving modes for events like assault battles, then you need to farm more mods.

Raids is one of the few scenarios where remodding for that specific purpose will have a benefit.

If you cant mod X number of teams for GA/TW, then not having enough mods is your problem, not a better way to move them.

I have a ton of mods, but only a limited number of good mods. In arena where Crystal's are on the line I give my squad all the 6 dots mods in have. But in a situation where I need to field 10+ squads I may want to spread those 6 dot mods out to make my overall team better.

"
    If you cant mod X number of teams for GA/TW, then not having enough mods is your problem, not a better way to move them.[/quote]"

Moving them isnt the problem, it's the time lock dynamic of tw/ga that causes problems. Moving mods has been made far more efficient by CG with the mod loadout update (which was created to encourage using, and yes MOVING MODS BETWEEN CHARACTERS more). Saying mods aren't supposed to be moved just isnt a valid argument.
  • Huatimus wrote: »

Not slicing.
    odwaww7pq30i.jpg

Dude leveling up mods with credits is a given, nobody is going to rock a level 10 mod. And with slicing mods base stats have become much worse to encourage slicing. Like a grey mod with 7 speed is more valuable than a gold mod with 7 speed. This was another big change that came with the mod update, which again encourages moving mods.

Not slicing.
    odwaww7pq30i.jpg

Dude leveling up mods with credits is a given, nobody is going to rock a level 10 mod. And with slicing mods base stats have become much worse to encourage slicing. Like a grey mod with 7 speed is more valuable than a gold mod with 7 speed. This was another big change that came with the mod update, which again encourages moving mods.

Dude, you're the one erroneously stating that it costs mod energy to upgrade mods. I'm showing you visual proof that the button there specifically states UPGRADE for credits.
    @jhbuchholz :"Imagine if we could move character shards around. "I'm going to move 330 GMY shards to unlock Scav Rey for the raid and when I'm done I'll move them back to GMY so I can hold my arena position." That's kind of wonky. And what folks do with mods."

Dude that's not even close to point I'm trying to make. Comparing mods to shards is a ridiculous false equivalency.

I know it's ridiculous. How is it a false equivalency though?
    jhbuchholz wrote: »
    Deadheat wrote: »

This entire game is built around farming. Those who farm the right things fastest are ahead. Mods are one of those right things. If you feel like moving mods around is necessary for you to do well then that's an indicator that you need to farm more.

Imagine if we could move character shards around. "I'm going to move 330 GMY shards to unlock Scav Rey for the raid and when I'm done I'll move them back to GMY so I can hold my arena position." That's kind of wonky. And what folks do with mods.

Good mods are supposed to be rare and the folks with great mods across their entire arena squad spent time, energy, and credits to get them. You don't luck into 30 great mods. And along the way you pick up a bunch of really good mods for other game modes.

If you don't want to farm stuff then maybe you're playing the wrong game?

I think you are being overly rude to the OP. Otherwise maybe you can point out the place where you can farm mods that inherently know that they should be your best health and offense mods when using NS in P4 and then magically switch their stats when being used in PvP. Or Perhaps you think 179 and 178 are the perfect PvP speeds for death trooper and Han solo? If you want to maximize your performance across game modes you are forced to sacrifice some credits and move some mods. If you are happy with a lower performance in one of the game modes then of course you don't have to move mods but it's a perfectly valid choice for using credits for those that want to.

Regarding your earlier point, yes, the devs said the system was originally designed for them to be relatively static. But they specifically went back on this and addressed the requests of a large number of players to make mod moving easier when they introduced loadouts.

The main point is, it makes no difference if you farmed mods to death and have the best mods you can imagine the game producing or if you picked up a few free ones that are mostly trash, you will still be able to improve your performance across the whole game if you choose to move mods occasionally.

This is an excellent point! If mods were designed to be static ( which is obviously not true at all) the devs would have made it like gear; where they can never be removed. I mean seriously leave one mod set on a character forever??? That is what makes no sense, as an example let's say you put a good 10 speed mod on your best character; then later obtain a 20 speed mod. You're saying you would just leave the 10 speed mod because that was the first one you gave them, even though the 20 speed mod would give you more of an advantage in arena (where you earn crystals) ?

This here is also wrong. Devs have explicitly stated that they had designed the cost to move mods to be high so that it would discourage a lot of mod movement which is not how they first envisioned mods to be used. They expected players to farm mods for each and every character.
  • Reading through the rest of the responses from this morning it's become clear that OP is ignoring the fact that those that invest get an advantage. If you spend money on marquee packs you get a 7 star character before everyone else. If you gear up Geonosians you get a stronger fleet than others (until HMF is released). If you farm a lot of mods you have to move them less often.

OP seems to want the advantage of having a lot of really good mods without having spent the time and energy to acquire a lot of really good mods.

That's all moving mods as often as has been described does - makes a few good mods do the work of many. There are situational reasons to move mods. And reasons to remove mods when you get better ones. Many reasons to *occasionally* move them. Just not for every event.

Good luck with your quest OP.
    Moving mods has been made far more efficient by CG with the mod loadout update (which was created to encourage using, and yes MOVING MODS BETWEEN CHARACTERS more). Saying mods aren't supposed to be moved just isnt a valid argument.

Nope. Mod loadouts were created to please the players who constantly complained about how complicated to move mods one by one all the time. The devs did this not to encourage players to move mods, but to help them if they are so keen to move them.
  • The only time you really need to swap mods in and out is for the Sith raid, and maybe arena if you're at the bleeding edge. Other than that, if you're constantly swapping mods around, you just need to farm more mods so that you have an acceptable set for everyone you use.

Note that "acceptable" does not mean "arena-worthy god mods." 90% of the game can be played fine with a set that boosts speed by 50 or so.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• If I’m running my bounty hunter team, only 3 have Arena worthy mods, the rest only have good mods. Same with my FO team. Most squads you can get away with not modding with the best of the best.
    BubbaFett wrote: »
    As an example let's say I wanted to create a solid nightsister team for defense in GA/TW. And I want to give them some of my arena mods from my revan team. That means I would have to leave those mods on the nightsisters overnight, and have my Revan team fall 50+ places in arena.

Why would you have to leave them on for 24 hours? Just move them ten minutes before player lock then move them back after the lock is done .....

How is it an ungodly hour? As far as I know it's in the afternoon 24 hrs after preview which is also afternoon. I don't know if switching your payout time affects all events timing in your game but if it does and that's what you did I highly recommend you switch it back. Because that actually is a valid idea for swapping mods around. Once they are locked you can move them along to next event you need them for.

You really need to understand what everyone is saying, have your best mods on your arena and then put your next best mods on squads you use the most. Then swap arena mods occasionally as needed for raids, events etc. It takes a while to get multiple good mods to place on all these squads but when you do you'll probably really see what most of us are trying to tell you.

I've been playing for over 3 years, have over 800 mods to pick and choose from. Most are garbage honestly but I do have my better mods on squads I use the most. I rarely ever move a mod, only when it's something better or needed to help me get past an event.
    So if you want to check out my mods or any other players stats just head over to swgoh.gg and search haysswa. I'm in heralds of galactus.
    Good luck in your future mod farming and game on
  • haysswa1 wrote: »

How is it an ungodly hour? As far as I know it's in the afternoon 24 hrs after preview which is also afternoon. I don't know if switching your payout time affects all events timing in your game but if it does and that's what you did I highly recommend you switch it back.

It locks at the same instant for everyone. So if it's 2pm for your then it's around 2am for someone halfway around the world. The presumption here is that OP is in a non Americas time zone. As someone in an American time zone (eastern) I support shifting GA start times so that they start in the afternoon for folks in Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia from time to time.
    haysswa1 wrote: »

How is it an ungodly hour? As far as I know it's in the afternoon 24 hrs after preview which is also afternoon. I don't know if switching your payout time affects all events timing in your game but if it does and that's what you did I highly recommend you switch it back.

It locks at the same instant for everyone. So if it's 2pm for your then it's around 2am for someone halfway around the world. The presumption here is that OP is in a non Americas time zone. As someone in an American time zone (eastern) I support shifting GA start times so that they start in the afternoon for folks in Europe, Africa, Australia, and Asia from time to time.

Ok, didn't know and now i do. Looks like they need to get to farming more mods then I guess or keep swapping, whatever floats their boat.
  • Spang wrote: »
    Moving mods has been made far more efficient by CG with the mod loadout update (which was created to encourage using, and yes MOVING MODS BETWEEN CHARACTERS more). Saying mods aren't supposed to be moved just isnt a valid argument.

Nope. Mod loadouts were created to please the players who constantly complained about how complicated to move mods one by one all the time. The devs did this not to encourage players to move mods, but to help them if they are so keen to move them.

So they did this to help players move mods, without encouraging it? Lol, that is some deep catch 22 logic right there.
  • They put it in because people wanted to keep moving mods around. People that want to use this feature will be spending a lot of credits, then if they spend more credits than they can afford, will probably pull out a wallet.

Or you can take the advice of some of the people have given you by farming more mods so you don’t have to keep moving mods around. I rarely move mods around myself, and it’s only if I have a better replacement
    haysswa1 wrote: »

All you guys are getting off point. This post is about how you set mods for events like tw/ga. And how the time lock dynamic makes it very inefficient to set mods specifically for this event. Whether or not you believe mods are supposed to be moved (which they clearly are), or not is besides the point of this discussion. I will just say this about mods, basically at a certain point everybody has every meaningful character at 7 star g12 max. The only distinguishing factor between two competing players is strategic team composition, and mod loadouts. Those are the main ways you use strategy when competing in this game. Maybe you guys just aren't that into that. In events like tw/ga where you field multiple teams, it's not like I can put all my gold mods on every character, and "make a few good mods do the work of many" as was stated above.

• @haysswa1 : "You really need to understand what everyone is saying, have your best mods on your arena and then put your next best mods on squads you use the most. Then swap arena mods occasionally as needed for raids, events etc. It takes a while to get multiple good mods to place on all these squads but when you do you'll probably really see what most of us are trying to tell you.

I've been playing for over 3 years, have over 800 mods to pick and choose from. Most are garbage honestly but I do have my better mods on squads I use the most. I rarely ever move a mod, only when it's something better or needed to help me get past an event."

So literally what you are saying is that I need to play for 3 years, and accumulate 800 mods before I can understand the ridiculously one-sided point you guys are trying to make??? I understand that some of you have been playing a long time, but for you guys to swarm these post; and counter every argument with " well I've been playing this game since it came out, and I dont have the same issues as you. So you must be wrong..." is a joke.
  • I’ve just the number of mods to fit all my current teams. And I slowly accumulate spare mods should a character I want to farm becomes available or once I finish my current grind.

I don’t typically move mods around for events since my teams already have the mods they need. I can clear Hrancor and am getting close to doing the same with Haat without using my A squad and my top mods. I help out with HSith raid but I don’t have the ideal squad for it yet.

Some Arena worthy mods aren’t on my Arena team, but are on other squads