Why we can not sim battles that have 3 stars already?

I was wondering, with all that "Quality of life" talk and changes, why there are still battles, and very long battles, that I have to do even when I already have them at 3 stars?

I mean whats the point, other than to waste precious time? I already made that with 3 stars, that means I'm able to do that again, and again and again. It's not like I'm going to loose characters that I already have right?

Of course sometimes this means, in a very few battles, that I have to move a mod or two to other char, but other than that it's a complete waste of time. I would really appreciate some explanation to this, because from one side You (the swgoh team) are making changes to save time, when on the other hand the simplest solution is not implemented.

If someone wants to play those battles he still can, but to be honest there's so much to do, that making those event battles again and again, when I could just sim them, is a complete waste.

Replies

• Options
    For the love of golden god let us sim 8 stage battles
  • Options
    Hit auto and have a coffee
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    Options
    Capgasp has spoken about this a little but, they will phase things out as they get older, but I dont see them just making it a blanket thing.

No you wont lose characters, but you may move mods. Again not the best reason to keep game play active, but they do want to keep game play active.
  • Options
    Kalano wrote: »
    Hit auto and have a coffee

For some of the fights, I'd need two or three coffees 😛
  • Options
    Moreover if you have a GA and TW at the same time.... the game is super demanding.
  • Options
    This game is not demanding lol.
  • Options
    dominiQC wrote: »

And TB battles haha

We will never be able to sim TB battles I expect. That would invalidate the need to balance platoons with battles. I can maybe see allowing sim in some early phases if your guild is hitting some much higher star threshold, so they know it is easy even with platoons.
  • Options
    I'm sensing someone had some frustrations with Nest this time.
  • keknoby
    93 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    maybe not the legendary or mythic levels
    but sim the easy-medim levels in all the events should be part of the game
  • PoD
    67 posts Member
    Options
    Sim ‘em all! At least the events. They don’t encourage active play. What’s active about pressing auto at 4x and waiting for the battle to finish? Spoiler: Nothing. If that’s the only justification for not allowing players to sim three star events, then it should be revisited. 8 stage Assault battles are the worst. And with other activities like Terrotory Battles, Territory Wars, and Grand Arena, there’s plenty to keep us active.
  • Options
    Because of this I never feel like doing military might
  • Options
    I actually kind of like playing the assault battles. Rebel Roundup in particular is fun, seeing how many stacks of Many Disintegrations I can rack up.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Options
    The events battles would have to be sim. It consume a lot of time for 2 omegas.
  • Options
    Jarvind wrote: »
    I actually kind of like playing the assault battles. Rebel Roundup in particular is fun, seeing how many stacks of Many Disintegrations I can rack up.
    Rebel Roundup is a BLAST!!! Literally. Easily the most fun Assault Battle! :D
  • Options
    But - if you enjoy doing it... don't sim it. Simming is, and always was, an option. You want to play 8 hard nodes a day while farming... instead of simming? Great - go for it!

Many of us don't enjoy it - and it's often annoying to play the same content over and over and over ad nauseum. If the devs want to, like, be REALLY sure and require a 10 win counter - GREAT. At least in ... 5 flippin' months - it'll happen.
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Options
    We should already be able to sim the assault battles at 3* by now, they have been around long enough. This should be part of the next QoL release! They are just a time waster and a power drain devices when there is so much else to do. Especially when all raids and GA and TW all land on the same night!
  • Options
    If doing battles in a battle game is too demanding: by all means, don’t do them. Don’t want the omegas and/or rewards? Don’t do them. It’s really simple.
    You want “boring”? Do the Bounty Hunter Prestigous Quest. You have to fulfill Boba Fett’s contract 500 times. So I play through GW, all of them, every day. Currently at 283/500. But I’m perfectly willing to do it because I want the Boba avatar/icon.
    I know you snowflakes are all about your participation trophies, but boo-hoo. Put some work in if you want the rewards.
    Participation trophy? No. You want something: earn it.
  • Options
    Let’s sim the game
  • Options
    The military might assault battle is the worst. I have 3 stared mythic and yet I still have to tie my phone up with simming all the lower tiers. It is so boring and annoying. Just let's us Sim a difficulty once we 3 star it.