Modding revan

so i'm optimizing my arena mods, and currently trying to improve revan's speed.
Here's my question - in his youtube vid, Mcmole recommends replacing a crit dmg triangle with any other primary, if it means getting more speed. my current crit dmg triangle gives 10 speed only, and i have a protection triangle giving 14 to replace it. also, as this alters sets, i improve a different mod by 2 speed, netting a total of 6 extra speed (257 -> 263). is it worth the crit dmg loss?

i mean mcmole specifically said yes, but i'd like a second opinion as this feels off.
On a side note, crouchingrancor recommends off/prot triangle, which is also strange.

Replies

• daft_serious
    41 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    similar additional question, my yoda uses a crit dmg triangle, but only has +3% critical chance rn (mcmole suggests +15%), for a total of 21% crit chance. im considering swapping it for a CC mod (+12%, total of recommended +15% getting yoda to 33%), which also gives an added bonus of 3 speed (new total 244). thoughts?
    Post edited by daft_serious on
  • Options
    Im currently fighting for 50-100 spots, and actually most revans are slower rn in that area of my shard
  • Options
    Revan does special damage with his abilities. His special crit chance is about 13% at G12 flat.
    The leadership adds +50 making it 63%
    That is the reason to try to get more speed to be better at mirror matches against other Revan teams.

Yoda CC base is round 17% making 67% but he's the main attacker of the team, thus the recomendarion of getting it to around 80s to be more effective.
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    I second that.

If you are going up against another Revan squad, it usually won't matter too much who goes first. If you just stick to the usual kill order and your squad is overall well geared and modded, you'll usualy get away with the win. Against other squads, you should at least have little problems on offense. Defense might be another story though, especially against fast CLS lead Rebel teams. But Revan will soon stop to be the defensive powerhouse he used to be anyway, so no big deal.

As for GMY and his critical change, there are mainly two things you might want to consider: under Revan lead and given the standard Jedi/OR squad, he will gain +40% critical chance anyway. In addition, thanks to Bastila he will often receive and spread crit-chance-up buffs throughout the entire fight, granting him another +25% critical chance. So I'd say no additional cc is needed, you better stick to your crit dmg triangle. At the same time you need to remember: in Revan mirror matches, you'll encounter a lot of crit immunity buffs as well. So in any case you want your basic damage output as high as possible.