Difference between "stat" and "max stat" in the ability description

There are abilities that refer to some stat while others use same stat but prefix it with "max". Say for example B1. His basic's description refers to "max health" while his special refers just to "health". I assume "health" means base health w/o mods, buffs, uniques etc. and "max health" refers to current maximum health that a toon has during the battle (can be significantly higher than base). Is this correct? Or are they the same? Or does "health" mean current hitpoints that character has left? :/

Replies

• Options
    Unless there's something against this, I've always taken "max health" to be the entire "bucket" and "health" to be how much water is currently in the bucket.
  • Options
    Right, that means abilities that use "health" as their basis tend to have diminishing returns as current health goes down. Good to know I guess...
  • Options
    fairly certain its just different wording and both are based of a max hp
  • MoBlaq
    582 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Are you talking about his basic? That is the Leader's Max HP.
  • Juzz
    366 posts Member
    Options
    When in doubt, check the ability mechanics in swgoh.gg
    Against stupidity the gods themselves contend in vain
  • Options
    MoBlaq wrote: »
    Are you talking about his basic? That is the Leader's Max HP.

Doesn't matter in regards to the question.
    Juzz wrote: »
    When in doubt, check the ability mechanics in swgoh.gg

I remember it being extremely convoluted and inaccurate but I took a peek at it again and it wasn't all that bad, nice!

So if I read it correctly it turns out all of the effects are based on current maximum health during the battle (not health left, not base health or anything else), even the protection recovery is based on maximum health (akin to how nests unique works). The "health" and "max health" in the description is therefore indeed just a different wording of the same stat.