Zetas, zetas, zetas..

Why are There so very little limited places to collect zetas?? I find that once you win marqee or legendary events, you are no longer able to collect any more zetas. This should be re-watch worked WHETE you can still collect rewards AND zeta material.
As it is, it takes more than a month just to collect enough zetas for ONE CHARACTER!!
there needs to be more places to collect these materials for EVERYONE!
Please make some changes to how THESE are collected. lots of people are leaving the game because they can't collect enough zetas to be competitive..
Let me know how you intend to rectivify This imbalance in the game. Thank you.

Replies

• Sorry for the typo's. Spell check sucks. Another thing that needs fixing!!
  • joedaddy wrote: »
    lots of people are leaving the game because they can't collect enough zetas to be competitive..
    [citation needed]

• Remember that to be competitive, you want to get more zetas than your opponents. If the Devs double your rate of zeta "income", your opponents will also get double (or more).

If you want more zetas:
    1) Get to the top of your fleet shard. Finishing first every day (and spending the currency on zetas) gets you 5-6 zeta materials per week.
    2) Get Wicket & Mother Talzin to 7*. Their events recur pretty much monthly, and usually yield a total of ~6 zeta mats per month.
    3) At the top level of the fleet challenges, I don't know exactly the numbers, but I'd say on average players could expect at least 3 zeta materials per week.
    4) Join a guild that's competitive in Territory Wars. IF your guild wins 3 out of the 4 wars per month (and your guild is above 120M), then that's 11 zeta materials per month.

So at that rate: 20 (fleet currency) + 6 (Wicket/Talzin) + 12 (challenges) + 11 (TWs) = 49 zeta materials per month.

The "imbalance" in zetas has nothing to do with how available they are, and completely relfects how effective players are at collecting the available zetas.
  • Buy zetas in the fleet store and collect them from ship challenges. We all collect zetas at the same rate so it's not putting you behind
  • I pull in a zeta every 2-3 weeks.... Closer to two..... You must be fairly new to the game...

Give it time and they will start coming more quickly....
  • Zeta material sources:
    * Fleet store
    * Ship Ability Materials challenge
    * initial wins at various events
    * Mythic tier of Mythic events
    * Ewok / Nightsister assault battles
    * Territory Wars
    * sometimes Grand Arena
    * daily login rewards towards the end of the month

If you really want to increase your zeta income then getting #1 in fleet arena every day is the way to go.
  • BubbaFett wrote: »
    I pull in a zeta every 2-3 weeks.... Closer to two..... You must be fairly new to the game...

Give it time and they will start coming more quickly....

I'm very similar. A full zeta about ever other week, and I've only been in the top 20 in fleets once. Yes, it's slow, but to unlock the strongest abilities in the game, it shouldn't be quick and easy.
  • Liath
    5140 posts Member
    Why would you expect to be able to zeta everyone? That’s not how this game works.
  • I have 27 zetas and am halfway to 28. I only got my first one last year, but have been cranking them out as fast as I can. It's doable, though I won't "catch up" for a long while, if ever, depending on character cadence. I now have a 7st MT and will soon have a 7st Wicket, so that definitely helps
  • I think this thread is concluded
  • "I said, [Zeta] only what you need to survive!"

"It's my industrial strength [Clone wars Chewie] and I can't survive without it!!!!"

yDbsFMV.gif
    #AcolyteShootsTwice
  • Sewpot
    2010 posts Member
    5yroh7s979yl.jpeg
  • joedaddy wrote: »
    As it is, it takes more than a month just to collect enough zetas for ONE CHARACTER!!
    That's clearly false. You should get enough ship credits to buy one every other day + what you get from the four times you can run the event challenge every week.
  • My problem isn't getting the zetas. I collect a zeta about every other day through fleet store. Its the omegas that I have problems getting on a steady basis.
  • Going hard on fleet and getting into top 5 in your shard is by far the best way to collect more zeta mats. The other methods help, but none are as consistent as getting a zeta material almost every day.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• LordGrahck wrote: »
    My problem isn't getting the zetas. I collect a zeta about every other day through fleet store. Its the omegas that I have problems getting on a steady basis.
    It is rather ironic that everyone fixates on zetas but once you actually get them you have a new bottleneck in the form of omegas. :D
  • LordGrahck wrote: »
    My problem isn't getting the zetas. I collect a zeta about every other day through fleet store. Its the omegas that I have problems getting on a steady basis.

You get at least one every day! :)
  • jkray622 wrote: »
    LordGrahck wrote: »

You get at least one every day! :)
    And each toon takes 15-50 omegas to power up. Multiply that by 5 if you are working on a squad.

Granted quite a few zetas aren't worth it but most of the omegas on characters that are worth powering up seem to be worthwhile if not essential.
  • Rath_Tarr wrote: »
    LordGrahck wrote: »
    It is rather ironic that everyone fixates on zetas but once you actually get them you have a new bottleneck in the form of omegas. :D

Not really. You get 1 a day. If you take first in fleet... you get about 6 zeta a week min.you need 13 omega for most zeta.

Counting all the other ways you can get omega, i never have less than 13 in my inventory. In fact i dont spend them until i get to 18 then ill buy a 5 omega upgrade
  • Now Purple mats... i never have enough of those
  • ShaggyB wrote: »
    Now Purple mats... i never have enough of those

Play long enough and those purples stop being an issue. I think I have over 1,000 spare?

I agree that Omegas are also a bottleneck, alongside Zetas. However, our weekly accumulation rate for omegas is higher than zetas, so even if a player has fewer omegas right now, I still think it's the wrong decision to buy Omegas from the fleet store. The accumulation rate is higher, so omegas will catch up eventually.
  • I generally stop spending omegas once I've hit 10-12 zeta mats. Then once I've zeta'd, I'll go back to spending omegas until I hit that point again.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • The problem with omegas is that even though you earn roughly the same to slightly more than zetas, you need proportionally more to max out the average character. So if you're upgrading a faction you'll need: (per character)

28 omegas and 20 zetas (assuming a mid-price 30/13/20 zeta). Almost 50% more required. Not including 5, 6, and 7 ability characters and leaders with usually 2 zetas.
  • Legend91
    2441 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The problem with omegas is that even though you earn roughly the same to slightly more than zetas, you need proportionally more to max out the average character. So if you're upgrading a faction you'll need: (per character)

28 omegas and 20 zetas (assuming a mid-price 30/13/20 zeta). Almost 50% more required. Not including 5, 6, and 7 ability characters and leaders with usually 2 zetas.

One thing that I started to lower my omega crunch is be careful on what abilities I spend omegas on. I prefer to invest into abilities that give a significant boost such as adding a mechanic (buffs/debuffs, TM gain, etc.) and I try to avoid the ones that just give a flat offense boost (often times the case on the basics with their +15% offense) when the char doesn't really need it (f.e. Zombie).
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • JimbLogo
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    For newer players. Zeta's might be difficult to get at first. They just can't give them away. Then they would be worthless. Youd have every toon zeta'd, and be here asking for developers to create more zeta'd characters. There's so many way's to get them once you get rolling. Lol. My problem is Omega's always.
    Hang in there. You'll get there. We all went through the grind.
    PS: I seriously doubt people are leaving the game for this simplistic season. Tc.
  • I get a zeta material every 3> days. I'm in 245 on arena for ships.
    Now omegas, that's where they get you...
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    joedaddy wrote: »

You can collect 2 full zetas every 3 weeks. Since most good characters only need 1 or 2 zetas to shine, I find your claim......'interesting'.
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Valaraukar wrote: »
    I get a zeta material every 3> days. I'm in 245 on arena for ships.
    Now omegas, that's where they get you...

You can collect 3 a week from the challenges alone. Add acquisition from fleet shop, daily login, rewards from TW and various events.
  • I spend ship credits on omegas more than zetas right now. T3 of ship challenge gets you quite a few zetas. My real issue is omegas costing 1500. Their price should be reduced to like 750 or 1000.
  • It all depends on your competition. I started playing near launch so I have stiff competition. I have been kicked back down to near 100 in arean after being below 50 for the past several weeks. I currently have 43 zetas and need five more pieces to give Revan his third. I just recently got all my toons to Lvl 7 abilities across the board so I can finally hoard Mk3 upgrade materials. I still need 880 omegas across all my toons to max out non zeta abilities. I seem to get those at a slower rate, or at least not enough to use them while collecting zeta pieces.