What's the minimum amount of Tenacity my Traya needs to prevent health down from Revan?

I currently have her at 100% Tenacity with an additional 50% from Fallen Bastila. So, currently sitting at 150% Tenacity.

Is that enough or do I need more?

Replies

• You cant stop revan team from lowering your max hp kf you have bonus prot
  • Its just part of his leader
  • Actually you can. Unless the description of the ability clearly states that the effect can't be evaded or resisted, you can either dodge or resist.

Revan's leader ability is silent about it, and therefore the higher the tenacity the better. I do not know suitable numbers for tenacity.
  • Its not a debuf, you arnt resisting it, its simply “lower max hp if they have bonus prot”
  • Mithos wrote: »
    Its not a debuf, you arnt resisting it, its simply “lower max hp if they have bonus prot”

This is incorrect. The max health reduction from Revan’s lead can be resisted with enough tenacity.
  • Bouu
    109 posts Member
    @Kyno could you clear this up please :)
  • Kyno
    32087 posts Moderator
    As far as I know yes it can be resisted.
  • There’s always a 15% chance to resist as that base 15% Tenacity cannot be reduced by Potency.
    For you to increase that chance even further, you’d need to find out the Potency of your opponent’s characters, I.e. your Tenacity of 150% is reduced by opponent’s Potency of 100% becomes 50% chance to resist.
  • Mithos wrote: »
    Its not a debuf, you arnt resisting it, its simply “lower max hp if they have bonus prot”

Erroneous. Having fought several Nests since getting Revan, she sometimes throws up a "Resisted" when hitting her with a basic ability. You can definitely resist it.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Huatimus
    3669 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Huatimus wrote: »
    There’s always a 15% chance to resist as that base 15% Tenacity cannot be reduced by Potency.
    For you to increase that chance even further, you’d need to find out the Potency of your opponent’s characters, I.e. your Tenacity of 150% is reduced by opponent’s Potency of 100% becomes 50% chance to resist.

So in theory I should typically aim for 200% Tenacity?

If your opponent is not modded for Potency at all, 200% Tenacity is enough to resist it 100%.
    A quick glance at my team, the Potency is about 50% and Legendary Battle Meditation would push that to 100%.

Edit: As pointed out below by Legend91, legendary battle meditation is doubled for Jedi so even 200% Tenacity wouldn't be enough.
    Post edited by Huatimus on
  • Tenacity - potency = chance to resist (can't be lower than 15% and assuming that both chars are the same level)

- the highest base potency amongst the Jedi has GMY with 51% (Revan 2nd with 35% and Jolee 3rd with 20%)
    - HY can give Masters Training for an additional 50% potency
    - Bastila can give Battle Meditation for an additional 100% potency
    - normal GMYs are modded for offense+speed so it's unlikely that mods play a role for this but just assume that there's a ~4% increase from secondaries
    - Trayas tenacity is at 47%
    - Badstila gives 50% tenacity

Now we can calculate the required tenacity from mods (to get a 100% resist chance) for all 3 scenarios:
    1) no HY, no Bastila: 97% tenacity - 55% potency = 42% --> 58% tenacity from mods required
    2) HY: 97% tenacity - 105% potency = -8% --> 108% tenacity from mods required
    3) Bastila: 97% tenacity - 155% potency = -58% --> 158% tenacity from mods required

Forget about case 3), it's just impossible to rival Bastilas Battle Meditation (it's OP in that regard).
    Case 1) is rather easy if you have the right mods.
    For case 2) you can get quite an okish resist chance against GMY (~30-50% really depending on the cross mod being protection or tenacity).

Should you go full tenacity (including a tenacity cross)? No. It's just a nice bonus that might help to 1) resist GMYs TM removal on his special and allow your Traya to use isolate sooner and 2) keep her alive a bit longer by keeping her max HP high and regenerate health by hitting debuffed enemies.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • All this in depth info about tenacity and im over here like who cares about health down. GMY getting 6 turns in a row makes it moot.

The important thing here is can we please get clone sarge a real name. Like HEVY for instance.
  • Why "forget about case 3"? 158 tenacity isn't unattainable. That seems like the answer the OP was looking for..if your math is right.
  • Ugnaught wrote: »
    Why "forget about case 3"? 158 tenacity isn't unattainable. That seems like the answer the OP was looking for..if your math is right.

Because that is only from mods. Even with my best tenacity mods (including one of my best mods - a sliced crit avoidance arrow with +12,24% tenacity as secondary) I can get +125 tenacity from mods and that is at the cost of 1) defense sets and 2) protection, HP and speed. It's simply not worth it to go tryhard on tenacity for your anti-Revan Traya setup because you'll just weaken your Traya too much.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg
  • I know this isn't what you said Legend91 but maybe not sensible to ignore tenacity completely just because you can't reach the number to get 100% chance to resist vs a buffed GMY. I mean adding 75% tenacity or less doesn't get you above the 15% base resist chance for a GMY with battle meditation, but 1) He doesn't always have that buff and 2) you'll be resisting the other jedi's health downs more often if you have that high tenacity. But there comes a point where if you are only adding say 40% tenacity then it's mostly wasted as it's not getting you above your 15% base for any of them except bastila without a potency cross and you might as well not bother at all.
  • I was running traya with tenacity around 120. Adding an anti crit arrow she was abble to resist most of Revan. The health reduction is only if you have bonus protection. It should not happen on traya as you give the bonus to nihilus to reduce also his annihilate cooldown. Was running her with bastila fallen to increase defense and tenacity also. I was putting tenacity highest as possible to resist gmy tm removal and then have the possibility to remove the mark and isolate.
  • 0whq7nbsstnu.png
    Even 168 tenacity with HodaMasters training buff is still not enough to be eventually reduced to 1 HP
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Tenacity - potency = chance to resist (can't be lower than 15% and assuming that both chars are the same level)

- the highest base potency amongst the Jedi has GMY with 51% (Revan 2nd with 35% and Jolee 3rd with 20%)
    - normal GMYs are modded for offense+speed so it's unlikely that mods play a role for this but just assume that there's a ~4% increase from secondaries

Now we can calculate the required tenacity from mods (to get a 100% resist chance) for all 3 scenarios:
    1) no HY, no Bastila: 97% tenacity - 55% potency = 42% --> 58% tenacity from mods required
    3) Bastila: 97% tenacity - 155% potency = -58% --> 158% tenacity from mods required

Forget about case 3), it's just impossible to rival Bastilas Battle Meditation (it's OP in that regard).
    For case 2) you can get quite an okish resist chance against GMY (~30-50% really depending on the cross mod being protection or tenacity).

Should you go full tenacity (including a tenacity cross)? No. It's just a nice bonus that might help to 1) resist GMYs TM removal on his special and allow your Traya to use isolate sooner and 2) keep her alive a bit longer by keeping her max HP high and regenerate health by hitting debuffed enemies.

You're overlooking the fact that most revan teams have their revan go first. Also most people dont use HYoda in their revan lineups. It's generally revan, gk, gmy, jolee and bastila. Since bastila doesnt get a turn b4 revan, legendary battle meditation doesnt go up and since cooldowns exist, you'll have to do some waiting b4 u can do direct focus again.
  • Legend91 wrote: »
    Tenacity - potency = chance to resist (can't be lower than 15% and assuming that both chars are the same level)

You're overlooking the fact that most revan teams have their revan go first. Also most people dont use HYoda in their revan lineups. It's generally revan, gk, gmy, jolee and bastila. Since bastila doesnt get a turn b4 revan, legendary battle meditation doesnt go up and since cooldowns exist, you'll have to do some waiting b4 u can do direct focus again.

This is mostly irrelevant. That first initial onslaught wouldn't reduce max health because Traya doesn't start with prot up. What matters is that the Revan team calls so many assists during the course of the battle and battle meditation will be up for a lot of those attacks.
  • My Nest sits at 150% tenacity and finishes most matches looking pretty healthy. Her health pool definitely gets reduced a few times throughout the match, but the difference between having 100% and 150% tenacity is very noticeable.

2gis9ianrxw7.png