UI update suggestion

Ultra
11502 posts Moderator
I know, there are plenty of ideas around on how to present abilities. I have one that I haven't seen suggested before, and its very beneficial in reducing ability descriptions and making it easier to know what your character is doing:

7rj2dh86lvtr.png

This is how we currently have. Jedi Knight Revan's leadership ability, with a lot of scrolling and information, and a unique buff that you can only find in the leadership part of Jedi Knight's Revan's abilities.

C3PO also has the same issue where you apply confusion and translation and it takes a huge chunk of the ability text and it detracts from what the ability does.

"This character applies a unique debuff called Tornado and blah blah blah speaking of which, Tornado does ............ <5 lines> .... see Ability 2 to find out what translation does"

What I'm proposing is that use the bottom screen real estate to present all the buffs / debuffs / unique status effects that an ability applies

gddgbtlv1hvu.png

For example, imagine if Revan's leadership provided Strategic Advantage, Confuse and Translation, list them out in the lower half. And then you can touch the status effect and its description pops up. The description of the status effect can then be removed from ability descriptions.

01smda2cxxz2.png

So lets look at a practical example,

If I wanted to see what Count Dooku's special ability does, I can view that his Force Lightning ability has Shock and Stun debuffs and I can look what those debuffs do, instead of going to Emperor's kit to find out what shock does. And it reduces the text description from explaining what shock debuff is and what it does

If I wanted to see the list of debuffs that Bastilla Shan (Fallen) applies, I can view it in her Fear abilities' lower half.

Jango Fett's Bounty Hunter Resolve description takes 5 lines and you can include the Payouts of the Bounty Hunters at the bottom since it is a visual status effect in-game

I think its better than expanding the ability description pane from utilizing the bottom half portion since some toons apply status effects (for example shock) unless you apply it or dig around elsewhere

Replies

• Options
    I think this would be very helpful! The wall of text and constant scrolling make it a little tedious to digest, especially when flipping between abilities and characters to compare. Incorporating the buff/debuff icons in here makes it an at-a-glance dashboard of sorts and gets it that much closer to how we'll see the effects presented in battle.

Just spitballing to extend your idea a bit, the stats modifiers icons from mods could also be included in the lower half and/or the left scroll panel. Maybe also highlighting the new ones in green like they do with the text.
    9d5y2a0u9yi5.png

• Options
    Yeah, don't think they're gonna invest time into improvements like this. In all honesty. The game is a money grab, that is not efficient way to spend time & money. As f2p player, I'm anxiously awaiting the cantina band to be available for play. I think that's an untapped avenue to travel. Just think of it. Just think about all those figures everyone had a a kid, like hammerhead, why isn't there a hammerhead character? Sorry, for being cynical, but I love this game but it's ruined by the obvious need to pay to be relevant.
  • Options
    Vote w/ OP
  • Options
    This would be incredibly helpful, especially in these situations where the ability does so much, having the ability to break it down piece by piece would be awesome.
  • Options
    Great suggestion!
    And while at it, increase the space for the abilitiy descriptions. Use the whole screen for this window! It would be made in 5 minutes...
  • Options
    Good suggestion! I hope they will see this! also I think we need some kind of stability update or graphics, our game need really 60 fps, or better performance, on iPhone xs it work bad than I played previously on iPhone 7.. so really bad optimization.
  • KueChael
    930 posts Moderator
    Options
    Very nice suggestions.
  • Options
    Seems like good UX to me! It's encouraging that they do regularly include updates to make the game easier to pay, so perhaps this has a chance.
  • Options
    Excellent idea
  • Citadel_of_Ricks
    229 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Seems like good UX to me! It's encouraging that they do regularly include updates to make the game easier to pay, so perhaps this has a chance.

More like irony_warrior_bh
  • Ultra
    11502 posts Moderator
    Options
    Kenjinrex wrote: »
    Yeah, don't think they're gonna invest time into improvements like this. In all honesty. The game is a money grab, that is not efficient way to spend time & money. As f2p player, I'm anxiously awaiting the cantina band to be available for play. I think that's an untapped avenue to travel. Just think of it. Just think about all those figures everyone had a a kid, like hammerhead, why isn't there a hammerhead character? Sorry, for being cynical, but I love this game but it's ruined by the obvious need to pay to be relevant.
    Being cynical is fine. If people are being cynical and I was an employee, I would think that we need to step up our game. I'd disagree that its inefficient use of time. The large ability texts have been a source of complaint and detracts players from the game. I think they are losing players over this. Or just people pretending to quit the game over this. Visual cues can be very powerful in persuading or manipulating someone, and currently its working against the game
  • Options
    evoluza wrote: »
    They could fix the char screen. You can't turn some chars... Horrendously

Its been a glitch since GA
  • Options
    This is honestly a very good suggestion and should be implemented. @CG_SBCrumb
  • Options
    Agreed. Lets do this cg
  • Darthvestor_80
    484 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Now we whine about reading?! If it doesn't effect battle, it isn't that important. There are way more important changes that need to be addressed.
  • Options
    Great idea!
  • Lio
    1003 posts Member
    Options
    Awesome idea, Ultra.