Facing Entire Guild in GA

Kinda frustrating facing the same guild members everytime where they write down my teams, strategy and no matter how I adjust they know the endless combinations. This has been going on since GA started.

The same guildmates strategize against me. This needs fixed at least where multiple guys from the same guild aren’t in my bracket.

Replies

• Ugnaught
    481 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Everyone can see your roster anyway. Whether your opponents are guilded or not shouldn't make a difference.
  • Strategy should be changed up based on the opponent's roster so it shouldn't always be the same anyway. Anyone can check out someone's roster and figure out which teams they have available and it's not too hard to predict which ones will be on offense or defense. And how do you know they wrote down your teams and strategy and shared it with other guild members? Seems doubtful that people log all that information every GA just in case someone else in their guild faces that person sometime down the road.
  • What do you mean? Your post is so confusing
  • Your strat should change person to person so and so the only info they can really give is what teams you used and their speeds which they can already look up your toons and stats so its not helping them
  • There is a very limited pool of players at his GP range so he's getting matched up against the same few people who are also in the same guild. So whoever he faces against in the first round can tell all his guildies OP's exact defense set up.
  • One of my guild mates had 2 players from same guild in his group. He faced one in rd2 and knows already he faces the other in the “final”. Certainly adds a layer of subtlety to the planning.

On this map there’s only really one offence “tactic” anyway. Need to clear lower front zone first so you can see all remaining ground teams. The only defence “tactic” that makes that challenging is placing 2 high-end (but not necessarily meta) teams there so your opponent needs to think carefully about what they use to clear them.
  • JimbLogo
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    You should laugh and jokingly take bet's. We've had guildmates come up against each other in GA. We laugh about it. It's not a big deal. Just a game. Some people's rosters at the exact same or similar GP, can look so different, depending on the farming.
    It's not the end of the world. Sit back and have some fun. If your not. Then maybe this isn't the game for you.
  • JimbLogo wrote: »
    You should laugh and jokingly take bet's. We've had guildmates come up against each other in GA. We laugh about it. It's not a big deal. Just a game. Some people's rosters at the exact same or similar GP, can look so different, depending on the farming.
    It's not the end of the world. Sit back and have some fun. If your not. Then maybe this isn't the game for you.

I’ve been playing since launch so this is def a game for me. Thanks for your two cents.
  • One of my guild mates had 2 players from same guild in his group. He faced one in rd2 and knows already he faces the other in the “final”. Certainly adds a layer of subtlety to the planning.

On this map there’s only really one offence “tactic” anyway. Need to clear lower front zone first so you can see all remaining ground teams. The only defence “tactic” that makes that challenging is placing 2 high-end (but not necessarily meta) teams there so your opponent needs to think carefully about what they use to clear them.

Everyone use GG and bots, etc. my biggest thing is when there is a massive Zeta difference 6 or more it means the opponent can make many more teams so it’s difficult to gameplan when there is a large difference. One Zeta can make a whole team. But it’s worse when you face people constantly in the same guild. That was my only point.
  • It’s a good point - I’ve seen your other thread and understand your plight. It must be a different experience for you to most everyone else as most of the rest of us have a very deep pool of similar GP players we could end up facing.

Some of the suggestions to alter the matchmaking arrangements might help alleviate this. If GP of top 100 toons or so was all that was used, hopefully someone like you would at least get to face different opponents each time.
  • I still maintain that a perfect solution for a lot of PvP problems...
    (including but not limited to: "shard co-ordination" where people talk outside of the game with other players in their Character or Fleet Arena shard to take it in turns to win and lock out other players, to being able to look up player's rosters on third party sites, guild notes being passed around as mentioned in the OP, etc)
    ... is for your opponent's to be anonymous in game.
    So you won't see their actual user name in Squad Arena, just their characters. And if you want, you can tag them with your own nickname before or after fighting them so next time you see them you know who they are. But you can't talk to them outside of the game. Or take notes on them and pass them to other players. etc.

Anonymity would shut it all down. The only names you need to see are your guild mates.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member
    Stenun wrote: »
    I still maintain that a perfect solution for a lot of PvP problems...
    (including but not limited to: "shard co-ordination" where people talk outside of the game with other players in their Character or Fleet Arena shard to take it in turns to win and lock out other players, to being able to look up player's rosters on third party sites, guild notes being passed around as mentioned in the OP, etc)
    ... is for your opponent's to be anonymous in game.
    So you won't see their actual user name in Squad Arena, just their characters. And if you want, you can tag them with your own nickname before or after fighting them so next time you see them you know who they are. But you can't talk to them outside of the game. Or take notes on them and pass them to other players. etc.

Anonymity would shut it all down. The only names you need to see are your guild mates.

anonymity also takes the fun out of it.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • JimbLogo
    10 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    JimbLogo wrote: »

I’ve been playing since launch so this is def a game for me. Thanks for your two cents.

I've also been here since just after launch. Was just trying to alleviate some of your frustration. That wouldn't be fun over and over. Totally understandable.
  • leef wrote: »
    anonymity also takes the fun out of it.

How?