Depa Billaba Kit Idea

DaPowerfulJedi
3185 posts Member
edited February 2019
21thdmtz0gv3.jpeg

Depa Billaba
Light Side, Tank, Jedi, Galactic Republic

Soresu Strike Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and recover 5% health and protection.

Spiritual Focus Special 1: Gain taunt for 1 turn. While this taunt is active, Depa inflicts health down (10%, can stack up to 4 times) for 3 turns on enemies who attack her. When this taunt expires, Depa takes a bonus turn. (Cooldown 4)

Juyo Assault Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy, inflict tenacity down for 2 turns, and gain potency up for 2 turns. (Cooldown 3)

Strategic Mind Leader: All Galactic Republic allies gain 50 speed and 50 defense. Additionally, all Galactic Republic allies recover 10% health whenever a buff is dispelled or gained by an enemy.

Chalactan Jedi Master Unique: At the start of each battle, Depa gains +50% max health for each other Jedi ally. Depa has 50% counter chance and counter damage (doubled while allied Mace Windu is active). When Depa loses taunt, Mace WIndu gains taunt for 1 turn. ZETA: Whenever she counterattacks, she dispels all debuffs from herself, inflicts them on the target for 2 turns, and gains 10% accuracy (stacking) for 2 turns.
Post edited by DaPowerfulJedi on

Replies

• Options
    Sebek wrote: »
    +50 Speed is pretty huge.

Bossk’s contract grants 50 speed.
  • Options
    I like this. Everything seems good. The speed would be too good in certain kits, but I think it isnt in this one.
  • Options
    Great kit idea. I do have some problems with it thou. As well as some idea's.
    Juyo Strike Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and recover 5% health and protection.
    I'm not okay with her basic ability being called Juyo Strike. Yes she was a master of form VII, but preferred to use form III. This was also one of the reasons the grand inquisitor figured out Kanan was her apprentice in rebels. Her basic, and thus most used, ability not being her preferred style doesn't sit well with me. For Juyo a Special ability seems more appropriate.
    Spiritual Focus Special 1: Gain taunt for 1 turn. While this taunt is active, Depa inflicts health down (10%, can stack up to 4 times) for 3 turns on enemies who attack her. When this taunt expires, Depa takes a bonus turn. (Cooldown 4)
    Neat idea but one problem with it. She synergises with Mace Windu and Mace Windu USES EXPOSE!!!!! Decreasing the enemies max health means you decrease the amount of damage expose does. If the target still has protection, expose's usefulness is vastly decreased. This means that putting mace windu with her in a team makes him even less useful than he already is. The bonus turn is pretty clever thou but the effect desperately needs to change.
    Battlemind Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy, inflict tenacity down for 2 turns, and gain potency up for 2 turns. (Cooldown 3)
    This ability...confuses me. Yes I know she has debuffs on both her other special and her unique, but to dedicate an entire ability to that, and on a single target only no less. It seems really weak and almost kinda useless. I'm refering back to what I said on her basic. A Juyo special would be better. Something like:
    Juyo Assault:
    Depa dispels all status effects on herself, then deals physical damage to target enemy. This attack does 30% more damage for each status effect dispelled.
    This fits the agressive nature of form VII, as well as the punishing of enemies debuffing her while also maintaining some risk of switching from a defensive to an offensive style. Just an idea thou.
    Strategic Mind Leader: All Galactic Republic allies gain 50 speed and 50 defense. Additionally, all Galactic Republic allies recover 10% health whenever a buff is dispelled or gained by an enemy.
    50 speed is quote a lot and , ironically, 50 defence not that much. yes bossk has it as well, but under contract. Under a pretty hard condition (especially on auto/AI). Also, I dont think she needs a leadership to begin with. The galactic republic already have way to many leaderships to begin with and Mace Windu already has a leadership. Not a strong one but a unique one. You can make her synergise with that to make it stronger and more viable. Like granting Critical chance up to herself and another ally on her basic and letting her recover 5% protection when she attacks out of turn with her unique. That way I think 2 specials and a unique are more than enough.
    Chalactan Jedi Master Unique: At the start of each battle, Depa gains +50% max health for each other Jedi ally. Depa has 50% counter chance and counter damage (doubled while allied Mace Windu or Kanan Jarrus is active). ZETA: Whenever she counterattacks, she dispels all debuffs from herself, inflicts them on the target for 2 turns, and gains 10% accuracy (stacking) for 2 turns.
    The synergy with Kanan Jarrus makes very little sense. Yes he was her student. but only for a brief time. I believe this was what the entire "we need to find another master for you" part of rebels season 1 was about. He never finished his training with her. Not to mention the Kanan we have in the game is of a way later time period and already has a unique synergy with phoenix. Having said that, the unique synergy with Mace Windu makes way to much sense (you might have figured that out from my feedback on her previous ability's). You need to focus on that. I think something like Finn and Poe have would be very awesome. I suggest this (p.s. the 50% max health for each jedi ally is broken. Way to much max health in a full team and could backfire in 3V3. In addition, 100% counter damage is too much and not very logical. Again, preferred the defensive form III):
    Depa has +50% Max Health and Protection. In addition, she has 50% counter chance, doubled while Taunting. Whenever she attacks out of turn, Depa recovers 5% Protection. If allies Mace Windu is present, he also gains these effects. Whenever Depa loses Taunt, Mace gains Taunt for (1 or 2, not sure yet) turn(s).
    This would really help Mace become better and is just really awesome.

Overall a really great idea. Great work, as always.
  • DaPowerfulJedi
    3185 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Options
    Ichiraikou wrote: »
    Great kit idea. I do have some problems with it thou. As well as some idea's.
    Juyo Strike Basic: Deal physical damage to target enemy and recover 5% health and protection.
    I'm not okay with her basic ability being called Juyo Strike. Yes she was a master of form VII, but preferred to use form III. This was also one of the reasons the grand inquisitor figured out Kanan was her apprentice in rebels. Her basic, and thus most used, ability not being her preferred style doesn't sit well with me. For Juyo a Special ability seems more appropriate.
    Changed the ability name to Soresu Strike (Form III).
    Neat idea but one problem with it. She synergises with Mace Windu and Mace Windu USES EXPOSE!!!!! Decreasing the enemies max health means you decrease the amount of damage expose does. If the target still has protection, expose's usefulness is vastly decreased. This means that putting mace windu with her in a team makes him even less useful than he already is. The bonus turn is pretty clever thou but the effect desperately needs to change.
    Hmm. I was thinking max health reduction might be useful against the grievous rework since he's going to deal damage based off of his max health. Maybe stacking defense down would be better to work with Windu? Although personally I’d rather have the stacking health down than a bit of extra expose damage.
    Battlemind Special 2: Deal physical damage to target enemy, inflict tenacity down for 2 turns, and gain potency up for 2 turns. (Cooldown 3)
    This ability...confuses me. Yes I know she has debuffs on both her other special and her unique, but to dedicate an entire ability to that, and on a single target only no less. It seems really weak and almost kinda useless. I'm refering back to what I said on her basic. A Juyo special would be better. Something like:
    Juyo Assault:
    Depa dispels all status effects on herself, then deals physical damage to target enemy. This attack does 30% more damage for each status effect dispelled.
    This fits the agressive nature of form VII, as well as the punishing of enemies debuffing her while also maintaining some risk of switching from a defensive to an offensive style. Just an idea thou.
    With her zeta she already cleanses debuffs from herself a lot. She would need to rely on a team that grants her lots of buffs. I was thinking that this would be a high damage ability anyway, without dispelling buffs from herself (probably on the level of Sion's second special). But I changed the ability name to Juyo Assault.
    50 speed is quote a lot and , ironically, 50 defence not that much. yes bossk has it as well, but under contract. Under a pretty hard condition (especially on auto/AI). Also, I dont think she needs a leadership to begin with. The galactic republic already have way to many leaderships to begin with and Mace Windu already has a leadership. Not a strong one but a unique one. You can make her synergise with that to make it stronger and more viable. Like granting Critical chance up to herself and another ally on her basic and letting her recover 5% protection when she attacks out of turn with her unique. That way I think 2 specials and a unique are more than enough.
    Well, every single other Galactic Republic Jedi has a leader ability, so I didn't want to leave her out. The 50 speed and defense (this is flat defense, not percent) is just so that her leader isn't completely useless, but I could lower those amounts if it would be more balanced.
    Chalactan Jedi Master Unique: At the start of each battle, Depa gains +50% max health for each other Jedi ally. Depa has 50% counter chance and counter damage (doubled while allied Mace Windu or Kanan Jarrus is active). ZETA: Whenever she counterattacks, she dispels all debuffs from herself, inflicts them on the target for 2 turns, and gains 10% accuracy (stacking) for 2 turns.
    The synergy with Kanan Jarrus makes very little sense. Yes he was her student. but only for a brief time. I believe this was what the entire "we need to find another master for you" part of rebels season 1 was about. He never finished his training with her. Not to mention the Kanan we have in the game is of a way later time period and already has a unique synergy with phoenix. Having said that, the unique synergy with Mace Windu makes way to much sense (you might have figured that out from my feedback on her previous ability's). You need to focus on that. I think something like Finn and Poe have would be very awesome. I suggest this (p.s. the 50% max health for each jedi ally is broken. Way to much max health in a full team and could backfire in 3V3. In addition, 100% counter damage is too much and not very logical. Again, preferred the defensive form III):
    Depa has +50% Max Health and Protection. In addition, she has 50% counter chance, doubled while Taunting. Whenever she attacks out of turn, Depa recovers 5% Protection. If allies Mace Windu is present, he also gains these effects. Whenever Depa loses Taunt, Mace gains Taunt for (1 or 2, not sure yet) turn(s).
    This would really help Mace become better and is just really awesome.
    Okay, I removed the Kanan synergy. Though he did train with her since from his childhood until Order 66 and became very close with her. As for 50% max health for each other Jedi ally, would 25% be better? That would only be a 100% increase at most instead of 200%. I do like the taunt for Windu and extra synergy with Windu.
    Overall a really great idea. Great work, as always.
    Thanks for leaving feedback!