How the falcon made me lose interest in GA.

Replies

• Options
    dimi4a wrote: »

These guys are a rare sight, trust me! And even if they get lucky with the anti-Falcon strategies sometimes, on defense they drop hard in the ranks. HT is not as OP as the Falcon is.

Perhaps. But that's true of every team that isn't meta. The point is they're able to consistently climb to get payout - that's not luck.

One guy is actually running falcon, under Tarkin, with no other rebels besides Biggs as a reinforcement. Seems daft, right? But if I play it like I play a Ackbar Falcon fleet, there's a real good chance I lose. The Falcon is a decoy. While you're focused, trying to kill it off, he's bringing in all kinds of offensive firepower and suddenly you have no ships.
    Ally Code 766-465-766 swgoh.gg/u/trystansr/collection/
  • Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options
    Perhaps. But that's true of every team that isn't meta. The point is they're able to consistently climb to get payout - that's not luck.

While that was true against HT, it's not the same case with the Falcon meta because it's so much more OP and it dominates every fleet shard. I've tried these non meta strategies and they are not viable, because you drop hard on defense and you win like 1, sometimes 2 out of 5 battles if you are lucky and that is not enough to be consistent. You may reach #1 but at the cost of a lot of refreshes and that really puts a strain on your crystal farming and it's not really worth it.

Exactly, I don't really call a team that "can win sometimes" a viable counter or choice. Its not the proper paper scissors Rock we had before where you could use non-meta teams and come out on top and hardly drop. Even the meta from the end of Ships 1.0 could still beat the BH ship meta. And the Geo meta.

Ships 2.0 has never had a meta as unstoppable as the Falcon. Sure other things "can" beat it if lucky, but they fall so fast that you almost need to refresh at least once or twice to get back to where you were each day, forcing yourself to spend ages in game while also relying on luck to win?

Or you can just use the meta ship and win and hardly drop. It was never like this in ships.
  • Options

While that was true against HT, it's not the same case with the Falcon meta because it's so much more OP and it dominates every fleet shard. I've tried these non meta strategies and they are not viable, because you drop hard on defense and you win like 1, sometimes 2 out of 5 battles if you are lucky and that is not enough to be consistent. You may reach #1 but at the cost of a lot of refreshes and that really puts a strain on your crystal farming and it's not really worth it.

But they are doing it. Against the Falcon. Daily. Is it an uphill battle? Sure. Is it a heck of a lot easier with Falcon? Of course. But that doesn't invalidate my point that there are guys in my shard - not just one, but 3 or 4 now - making it routinely as high as 2nd without Falcon.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

But they are doing it. Against the Falcon. Daily. Is it an uphill battle? Sure. Is it a heck of a lot easier with Falcon? Of course. But that doesn't invalidate my point that there are guys in my shard - not just one, but 3 or 4 now - making it routinely as high as 2nd without Falcon.

.0004 % of the players in the shard are pwning without falcon.

That number is pretty good compared to the chances of someone being killed in a fireworks accident .0000016

so yeah there is that :)

I do agree with you 100% though I'm sure there are 3-5 guys in the million who could figure out how to kill revan with cup and mob enforcer not sure that means current state of things is good for the game...

but yes I do agree with your post.

• Options

So who are these guys? And how often do they finish as high as you claim?[/quote]

Who are they? The same guys that were finishing at the top of the shard pre-Falcon.

How often? Every day I see non-Falcons in the top 5 now.

As of the writing of this post:
    #5 - 7* Tarkin, 7* HT, 7* Vader, 7* Biggs
    #8 - Tarkin, Falcon, Biggs, HT.
    #9 - Tarkin, HT, Boba, Vader
    #11 - Thrawn, HT, Vader, TFP

All of these guys have gotten in the top 5 or better, unseating Ackbar/Rebel fleets.
  • Options

These guys won't stand a chance in my shard, besides when the Falcon event comes again, it's dominance of the meta will be full as more players will unlock it or will have it at 7*!

They don't need to stand a chance in your shard - they're in my shard, where they do fine.

Yeah - when Falcon comes back those of us with 5*/6* will get 7*. But so will the people without. Probably. And it will mimic what Revan did to squad arena.
  • Options

These guys won't stand a chance in my shard, besides when the Falcon event comes again, it's dominance of the meta will be full as more players will unlock it or will have it at 7*!

They don't need to stand a chance in your shard - they're in my shard, where they do fine.

Yeah - when Falcon comes back those of us with 5*/6* will get 7*. But so will the people without. Probably. And it will mimic what Revan did to squad arena.

That's not what he meant, you can't have judgement on an issue when you aren't maxed out. Most of us have played long enough to be in the maxed out range, things are different there.
  • Options

That's not what he meant, you can't have judgement on an issue when you aren't maxed out. Most of us have played long enough to be in the maxed out range, things are different there.

And there it is again - this attitude that only people above a certain point can comment on anything.

Fortunately for the rest of us - the game is actually playable before the 4m GP point.

I simply stated that in my shard (which is a bit over a year old) the top of fleet arena is starting to see non-Falcon teams making it back into the payouts. I didn't say this applies to launch shards - but then everyone there should already be running Falcon anyways since they had nothing else to farm.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    edited March 2019
    Options

Fortunately for the rest of us - the game is actually playable before the 4m GP point.

I.

Let me tell you and I mean this from the bottom of my heart.... The higher your GP goes the less enjoyable the game is.. the longer you play the less enjoyable it is... and it stinks that's the way it is :(

GA, revan, falcon.... back to back to back losers.... killed what was once great :)

Personally I wish MORE low GP people posted brings back memories when things were good..... kinda like the monologue at the end of field of dreams

• Options
    I get it. I do. In the just-over-a-year I've been playing I've gotten to just shy of 2.8m GP. Passed plenty of more established guildmates on the way. Some things are better, some things are worse. What you stated is, unfortunately, true for pretty much all games of this type.
  • Options

And there it is again - this attitude that only people above a certain point can comment on anything.

I simply stated that in my shard (which is a bit over a year old) the top of fleet arena is starting to see non-Falcon teams making it back into the payouts. I didn't say this applies to launch shards - but then everyone there should already be running Falcon anyways since they had nothing else to farm.

Most players are closer to where me and @dimi4a are than where you are. This is why it's hard to judge from your side of things. You have to put things into a max build perspective to be able to pass judgement on how their kits work.

For example someone who's level 80 can say that Revan sucks compared to some other squad because they haven't even unlocked zeta abilities yet and this mean the squads cannot perform at max performance as they are intended
  • Options

First, that's not true. You can have judgment at whatever point you are at in the game. Just because the falcon is affecting you in various ways doesn't mean it's affecting everyone that way.

Second, my ship shard is from the day ship shards started. Plenty of people on my shard with 4m+ gp. While the vast majority of the top 50 (and possibly beyond) are rebel fleets with falcon, there are 4 people in my top 25 currently running non-falcon fleets, who get to top 3 for their payouts every day. This includes going through fleets full of 7* falcons, bistans that have maxed out crews, etc...

• UdalCuain
    5011 posts Member
    Options

Most players are closer to where me and @dimi4a are than where you are

Source?
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Most players are closer to where me and @dimi4a are than where you are

Source?

Worst Highlander movie besides anything after 1...3 was bearable

GP means nothing anymore... guys with 1.5m GP could beat guys with 4mil GP...GA stinks because of it... boring/stale

guy with 1.5 mil GP these days could be running maxxed falcon fleet and fighting all maxxed falcon fleets and revans.....

It' just don't matter guys what are we fighting about....... there is only one enemy here
  • Waqui
    8802 posts Member
    Options

So, by your standards, players who don't have a 7* all maxed out HMF with an all maxed out rebel + HT fleet to back it up can't have judgement in this discussion? Okay. What GP is your HMF then?
  • Options
    Waqui wrote: »

So, by your standards, players who don't have a 7* all maxed out HMF with an all maxed out rebel + HT fleet to back it up can't have judgement in this discussion? Okay. What GP is your HMF then?

Not even remotely what I said.
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Reading the question again and again. Does it mean that your ship territory was defeated? How else could you not win if you defeated all his character squads on the first attempt? That simply means that:
    1. Your strategy was wrong and you put wrong fleet on defense
    2. You don't invest enough into ships and for that reason it was expected that you lose. That's why some GA rounds use ships to give people who invest heavily in ships some chance to use more than single fleet in Ship arena.

Your opponent most probably had lower character GP and higher ship GP and it was all about strategy. You lost because of a wrong one.

This is not any different to Revan. If your opponent has Revan and you don't and you don't have any real counter you don't stand a chance against that squad on defense either.
  • Options
    Ladislav wrote: »
    Reading the question again and again. Does it mean that your ship territory was defeated? How else could you not win if you defeated all his character squads on the first attempt? That simply means that:
    2. You don't invest enough into ships and for that reason it was expected that you lose. That's why some GA rounds use ships to give people who invest heavily in ships some chance to use more than single fleet in Ship arena.

Your opponent most probably had lower character GP and higher ship GP and it was all about strategy. You lost because of a wrong one.

This is not any different to Revan. If your opponent has Revan and you don't and you don't have any real counter you don't stand a chance against that squad on defense either.

Idk how many times I'll say it, Traya beats Revan in offense. The falcon cannot be defeated by any fleet out there, except one with a falcon. It's simply UNBEATABLE.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Idk how many times I'll say it, Traya beats Revan in offense. The falcon cannot be defeated by any fleet out there, except one with a falcon. It's simply UNBEATABLE.

Before houndstooth you could farm any 8 ships with synergy and gear the pilots and have a chance to succeed. It was the most F2P friendly part of the game...

Whales had arena which locks out a majority of F2P (depending on current metas) F2P was never locked out of competition on ship arena.

All changed with HT. You have the counters or you lose. Got 1000x worse when ppl got HT and falcon....

In their attemt to squeez ever nickel outta people and remove most f2p ability to earn i do feel the game went in the wrong direction stripping ships from f2p OR anyone who is new and joins on backend of a ship shard when top 100 been playing for months and have all maxxed ( its garbage to say your placed with people started same time. Maybe when people were still mass downloading the game it was more fair...

But the direction game is going i can see downloads plummeting most downloads now prob just alt accounts.

I do miss there being a game mode where anyone who put time into farming and gearing could compete marquees n legendaries really HURT that

F2p can compete now but takes luck, and missing out on ofher things.

We went heavy n ships missed out on arena and now ppl who ignored ships just pay to catch up and rule both.... it stinks they do no effort now dominate
  • Ladislav
    114 posts Member
    Options
    Dk_rek wrote: »
    Before houndstooth you could farm any 8 ships with synergy and gear the pilots and have a chance to succeed. It was the most F2P friendly part of the game...

Whales had arena which locks out a majority of F2P (depending on current metas) F2P was never locked out of competition on ship arena.

All changed with HT. You have the counters or you lose. Got 1000x worse when ppl got HT and falcon....

In their attemt to squeez ever nickel outta people and remove most f2p ability to earn i do feel the game went in the wrong direction stripping ships from f2p OR anyone who is new and joins on backend of a ship shard when top 100 been playing for months and have all maxxed ( its garbage to say your placed with people started same time. Maybe when people were still mass downloading the game it was more fair...

But the direction game is going i can see downloads plummeting most downloads now prob just alt accounts.

I do miss there being a game mode where anyone who put time into farming and gearing could compete marquees n legendaries really HURT that

We went heavy n ships missed out on arena and now ppl who ignored ships just pay to catch up and rule both.... it stinks they do no effort now dominate

There is a big misconception that game is here for F2P players and they should have exactly same experience as P2P. That almost sounds lie PR nonsense.

No. Every game which provides F2P is doing that only to convert those players to P2P. Otherwise there would be no F2P at all and we would need to pay subscriptions to play the game.

• Gorem
    1190 posts Member
    Options

There is a big misconception that game is here for F2P players and they should have exactly same experience as P2P. That almost sounds lie PR nonsense.

No. Every game which provides F2P is doing that only to convert those players to P2P. Otherwise there would be no F2P at all and we would need to pay subscriptions to play the game.

Yeah but the whale content should be more balanced, not like now with Revan or the Falcon. Can you imagine what future metas will look like if CG continues with this model? We are talking god like unbeatable characters and ships that will dominate 99% of the meta! That's not healthy for the game.

Plus, if you actually know how these games work and how whales work, they need f2p people to be competitive so they have someone to fight and beat. Games that rely on whales fighting whales die really fast. There is a reason this game has been dropping in popularity and revenue in the statistics.

If the game is not focused on F2p players, then the game dies. Swgoh is living on a lifeline right now, it lives because it is star wars. If it was not star wars this game would have a quarter of the players right now. I've seen this time and time again with mobile games. The only difference here is star wars.

CG needs to stop with the power creep and release things that continue the paper scissors rock meta. There should always be 3 teams that are viable. That is when arena is the most fun for everyone, whales have their whale teams, and f2p have their teams that can still keep up.

A new ship should not replace the falcon, but allow people to beat it. However still remain beatable. I mean it is not hard. We've had this for a long time before Falcon ruined it. before Revan Ruined it.... and again... The emp ship should have done just this. There should be at least 2 meta ship teams right now.
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options
    O
    Gorem wrote: »

Yeah but the whale content should be more balanced, not like now with Revan or the Falcon. Can you imagine what future metas will look like if CG continues with this model? We are talking god like unbeatable characters and ships that will dominate 99% of the meta! That's not healthy for the game.

Plus, if you actually know how these games work and how whales work, they need f2p people to be competitive so they have someone to fight and beat. Games that rely on whales fighting whales die really fast. There is a reason this game has been dropping in popularity and revenue in the statistics.

If the game is not focused on F2p players, then the game dies. Swgoh is living on a lifeline right now, it lives because it is star wars. If it was not star wars this game would have a quarter of the players right now. I've seen this time and time again with mobile games. The only difference here is star wars.

CG needs to stop with the power creep and release things that continue the paper scissors rock meta. There should always be 3 teams that are viable. That is when arena is the most fun for everyone, whales have their whale teams, and f2p have their teams that can still keep up.

A new ship should not replace the falcon, but allow people to beat it. However still remain beatable. I mean it is not hard. We've had this for a long time before Falcon ruined it. before Revan Ruined it.... and again... The emp ship should have done just this. There should be at least 2 meta ship teams right now.

More events would help, ship events. Maybe so
    E shard shop currency

Maybe fix GA so more than a “few” F2P dont get last everytime...

Stop waiting until toons become “f2p” to nerf em.. the constant “bug” advantage they have that never ends toon after toon kills HSTR ranks

JUST MORE playable pve ship content
  • Dk_rek
    3299 posts Member
    Options

Im not f2p im not defending F2P because it benefits me to get free stuff. Im defending it because it keeps the game healthy which ensures the ton of money i spend gets the longest amount of use