When to change from pheonix arena team

Hello, i have 7* ezra g8 and the rest of pheonix 6* g7, while i will get all to 7* for thrawn, maybe not this go around as im prepping for GMY event next week, which ill probably only get 6* . i was wondering when would it be best to switch out pheonix from the arena and either use jedi ( atm bastilla 4* g7, old ben 6* g7, ezra 7* g8, QGJ 6* g7 and GMY 6* maybe 7* but doubtful when i get him) or empire (atm EP 6* g7, vader 5* g8, tarkin 5* g7, RG 4* g7, TFP 4* g7) or should i keep running pheonix till i build up jedi or empire more? Been staying in the 400's with pheonix. But would like to improve in the arena if possible. Any advice would be appreciated, thanks in advance.

Replies

• Only have access to bastilla and jolee atm, i want yoda(since hes my favorite) and thrawn as well since hes really good and will be here early next month so im trying to get what i can while they are both coming soon.
  • Revan will be in the works after these events once i unlock their nodes
  • I'd focus on finishing Phoenix to 7* g8-9 depending on how your mods are. You can replace RG with Thrawn in your Empire team when you get him and pick either Empire of jedi to really go build up next. Jedi will probably do better in arena than Empire but a solid Empire team also gets you R2-D2 (and some solid pilots for ships).

It's very easy to get sidetracked and not quite finish anything in this game, I always recommended staying the course until somethings done then moving on.
  • The advantage to focus on Revan is to get a great toon, probably meta for 6 months on young shards.

Since the event will be back in something like 3 months, you have plenty of time to farm the necessary toons for it.

As soon as you have a 3 or 4 ☆ Bastila you can zeta her leadership, add Ezra, Kanan, GMY and Thrawn (or Jolee) and climb the arena with this.

Just my 2 cents.
  • It seems like some of the suggestions here ignore the importance of, at bare minimum, maintaining fleet early in order to start farming Zeta mats. Suggesting to drop everything this early to farm Revan isn't going to do a whole lot of good without any zeta materials to actually utilize him properly. As has been the standard farming advice for a while now, I'd suggest going all-in on Thrawn, Palp, TFP, and Tarkin, continue to seek out Vader shards and all of their ship shards, to maximize your farming efficiency. On the side, try to farm up scoundrels a bit for credit heist. It helps a lot if you're in a guild completing heroic rancor so you can use Raid Han for those heists. Once you can start completing the Ship zeta challenges, then you can start getting creative with targeting your legendary/heroic toon/faction of choice.

If you're up against a lot of phoenix right now, your EP empire squad may be better already. No harm in trying a battle and switching back to phoenix if it doesn't go well.