Galactic War!

Prev1
Smapty
1260 posts Member
GW used to be challenging....

Get to that last node and there’s some very strong top ranked arena team waiting for you to challenge them! Can you beat them and finish GW today? (God I would hope so with your loaded turn meter)

... or it was some garbage team because GW was broken and couldn’t calculate a team tough enough to match the percentage increase vs your squad power

Now it’s so stupidly easy...

Bring back some challenge to GW!

Sure it’s fun to try out random teams and run them through... but it’s not a true testement to their strength when they are matched up against g7 lvl 75 teams 🙄

At least give us an option for GW as at exists today... or the old version where you faced high end arena teams in the last nodes

GW used to be fun and challenging... now most people just click the SIM button...

Boring...

Replies

• No one plays through GW anymore
    It was basically removed from game as a qol feature when it became simable. It is an outdated game mode.
  • Smapty
    1260 posts Member
    Ugnaught wrote: »
    No one plays through GW anymore
    It was basically removed from game as a qol feature when it became simable. It is an outdated game mode.

I disagree...

I still play through it to test teams and experiment (even though I could easily just sim it)

Why does it even exist at all any more if it doesn’t provide any challenge or purpose? A few shards for the shard shop and maybe if you’re lucky you get an omega?

I want to face something challenging rather than a bunch of “push over” teams
  • drklrdbill: Can we get a practice arena mode?
    [NR] We answered this recently in the last Q&A, but our disposition is that we don't want to put in a practice mode. Our theory is that even a mode that didn't have rewards could potentially balloon session time and we think that could ultimately lead to a negative experience for players. The Galactic War is still a place to do a fair amount of this, even though we understand you can't tailor it exactly to your needs.

https://forums.galaxy-of-heroes.starwars.ea.com/discussion/comment/1514795/#Comment_1514795
  • Darth_DeVito
    1232 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Smapty wrote: »

I disagree...

I still play through it to test teams and experiment (even though I could easily just sim it)

Why does it even exist at all any more if it doesn’t provide any challenge or purpose? A few shards for the shard shop and maybe if you’re lucky you get an omega?

I want to face something challenging rather than a bunch of “push over” teams

I also use GW as a testing ground for my TW and GA squads. It helps to see how defensive squads perform on auto, and to learn the mechanics of weaker offensive squads that I've never used in this combination. But that's precisely why I'm glad that I get to face relatively weak opponents. Many of my TW characters are barely above 6,000 GP.
  • leef
    13458 posts Member

I would play GW from time to time if they bring the difficulty back up. It used to be my favourite game mode, not so much anymore since they nerfed it.
    Now that it's sim-able they might aswell make it difficult again.
    Save water, drink champagne!
  • Hey I know you
  • Ugnaught wrote: »

Nobody plays it anymore because it is too easy. I tried to test out a team on it recently but all the opposing teams fell over dead the second I looked at them making it pointless.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    I play GW every day. For example: I needed to throw 1,000 thermal detonators for Bounty Hunter (2 of 7) Prestigious Quest and only took me 4/5 days and now already at 194/500 for Greedo's contract. I have completed several of these quest by doing GW every day.

The fact they mention tying in new characters with these quest, ya'll may want to start looking into them...
    https://swgoh.gg/u/speedokillz/

December 2016 Arena Shard
  • Running a Zam lead for that quest I hope?
  • Actually... Dengar lead with Bossk in an ally slot. Damaging healthiest enemy 10x seems to be easier on the weaker nodes... Bossk's Hunting Party special basically guarantees contract fulfilled every time.

• I meant moreso for the 1000 TDs. I don't have Dengar and even with just Zam, Boba, Greedo, Cad, Bossk I've had 10+ TDs on one character from spamming specials.
  • nice... already thrown the 1k TDs... took 5 GWs (?) I think. I did not even think about the TDs honestly cuz I felt like 500 Greedo contacts was gonna take a while and throwing 1k would happen on accident along the way.

• The BH quests are ludicrous compared to some of the others.
  • Vendi1983 wrote: »
    The BH quests are ludicrous compared to some of the others.

I dunno, I'd rather kill 50 Wampas and throw 1000 detonators than gear up Anakin to G12 for the Jedi one.
    u58t4vkrvnrz.png

• Vendi1983
    5023 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    It's the 500 payouts. Painful. Even for Dooku Sith title; killing 1000 Republic enemies. I did one b1 marquee mission and killed 19.

As for usefulness, some would argue you get more bang for your buck from the BH than gearing randoms to 12. I tend to agree but in terms of time spent, it's still easier than 500.
  • 12 fully maxed Revan squads could easily be beaten on offence especially once you have preloaded TM.

They should buff it a little bit but keep the SIM option
  • The 50 Wampas took me the longest... I stopped looking for them in GW really fast so the only place to find them was Galactic Bounty's and TB. When I only had 2 left to kill a shardmate put him on his arena team so I could finish it.

• @Vendi1983 There is a node in DS Batles that has a couple dozen Republic to kill. Because it is 3 rounds, that one is much faster than players think.

• Personally I’m ok with GW the way it is. This game takes up enough time as it is. No need to allow it to suck up anymore. If you are bored with the game then get an additional hobby lol.
  • It's not even that GW is not challenging enough, ie. enemy squads are too weak. They're not simply weak - they're stupidly composed. Often characters with not leader ability in the leader slot (JC, my favourite), or CWC leading a bunch of FirstOrder (and with KRU in the pack) - what is that? I've just hit 85 today (started new account from scratch some time ago) and haven't not-beaten GW for at least 2 months.
  • Speedokillz
    575 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Looking back at all the teams I built just to be able to beat GW consistently 2 years ago and all the hateful post about how hard it used to be... They reworked it to please the player base by making it reasonably beatable and then finally simable. Now players complain it is too easy.

I think it was Bobby Kennedy who said: "if you try to please everyone, you'll end up please nobody..." or something like that.

The truth is, the devs have been upfront regarding older material in the game. We asked them to remove the frustrating and monotonous game modes and they listened by not removing them and the rewards, but sim them in seconds. GW, Heists, Omega Battles... all things they did to speed up the pace of the game for us.

No reason to rehash old boring stuff and let's just hope they keep up with the innovative things to keep the game moving forward.

• There are newer players signing up daily who still need that GW to help figure things out.
    This you have to understand. There's only one way to hurt a man who's lost everything. Give him back something broken..” -Thomas Covenant the Unbeliever
  • Yes, it will be reasonably difficult on their way to L85. After watching ScissorMan series... there is plenty of challenge left to get through it every day.

• I play it through daily to work on fulfilling BH Contracts. While I’m not disagreeing that it’s easy, it is far from a useless aspect of the game in my opinion
  • They could atleast update it or even rotate the rewards, make some new marquee characters farmable from it or something. But it’s EA every time it’s either gotta be able to refresh to take crystals or purchaseable only. It was a nice touch when they added Rouge one characters, and even nicer when they added a couple ships to the rewards but like everything they forget about the core game and focus more on trying to grab your money than to keep the core game fresh. That’s the problem with games like these, they pride and prey on micro-transactions :(
  • It exists for new players. For vets it’s nothing but a shard shop currency generator
  • Another thread asked for a difficulty rise when simable. I agree !
    Having a Normal / Difficult button like in light/dark side battle.

Having a sandbox to test team against our deadly foes would be interesting.
  • Remember not toonlong ago (year and a half) when forums was loaded with whining about GW being too hard? Take a look back through archives. Dozens of threads and hundreds of posts.
  • Remember not toonlong ago (year and a half) when forums was loaded with whining about GW being too hard? Take a look back through archives. Dozens of threads and hundreds of posts.

Not so much "whining" rather than justified complaints about a bug that matched low-level players with vastly superior teams, way beyond 115% of their top five characters' stat power. It turned out to be a bug, CG acknowledged it and fixed it, and we still faced very challenging (but no longer utterly impossible) matches up to the 115% stat power threshold, as it was always intended and used to work in pre-bug days.