Did HK get nerfed?

Prev1
Only a few days ago I would get consistent 5k crits on him but now he barely crits at all and when he does it barely does more damage than the usual attacks. Yesterday I was using him and a crit with the offence-up did less than a normal without offence-up.

Before any of you ask, I'm using the exact same team-comp with the same leader (HK) and against the same enemies.

Replies

• I swear he used to hit harder
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    I think this is all silent balancing by the devs. Apparently according to other players GS, IG-86, HK, iG-88 are all hitting slightly softer in SOME modes not in all, point is that if they post the balancing people will cry that there nerfing them and if they say nothing and keep balancing slowly but surely then they dont get pounded by the forum. Even I have noticed that my QGJ is not one shooting Darth Maul like he use to easily and personally I like it that way.
    I hope they keep up the great work
  • KAULI
    517 posts Member
    Oh great! I go for one toon, they nerf him. I go for another, nerfed too...
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    I think this is all silent balancing by the devs. Apparently according to other players GS, IG-86, HK, iG-88 are all hitting slightly softer in SOME modes not in all, point is that if they post the balancing people will cry that there nerfing them and if they say nothing and keep balancing slowly but surely then they dont get pounded by the forum. Even I have noticed that my QGJ is not one shooting Darth Maul like he use to easily and personally I like it that way.

It's my opinion that devs should always tell the player-base when they re-balance things. It's kinda important to know if your entire main team just got nerfed and a bunch of your other characters got buffed.
  • No. He has always been this bad. I have him maxed 7* and he hits for 2000 consistantly. I woldnt even bother using him in if his leader ability was so beneficial to Droids.
  • No. He has always been this bad. I have him maxed 7* and he hits for 2000 consistantly. I woldnt even bother using him in if his leader ability was so beneficial to Droids.

As I said, literally only days ago I'd get 5k crits with him every other attack and his non-crits would do at least 3k. This isn't just a sudden change of luck, he's just getting way less crits and they're less effective.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    Big_Boss wrote: »

It's my opinion that devs should always tell the player-base when they re-balance things. It's kinda important to know if your entire main team just got nerfed and a bunch of your other characters got buffed.

Yeah you have a big points I just say that because this forum and fan base is really cruel and unforgiving. Its not easy making a game that has such a high expectation its not like being bored and creating "Flappy bird" but yeah your in you right to have that opinion.
    KAULI wrote: »
    Oh great! I go for one toon, they nerf him. I go for another, nerfed too...

May I recommend not farming Dooku then. Jajajaja newbies want him nerfed bad lets not get into GS or Rey as well
  • Trust me, I know about unforgiving communities. I've been a League of Legends player for 4 years now. But no matter how nasty the community gets, it's still best to explain what you're doing.
  • So much goes into damage stats. Leader bonuses, enemy leader bonuses, buffs, debuts, defense, armor penetration etc. I'm not saying that it isn't happening, but unless you are fighting the exact same fight, it just might be the level of the enemy or other things that make it look like less damage. It might even be a defense buff as I'm one shot killing far less toons with any of my assist callers lately.
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • So much goes into damage stats. Leader bonuses, enemy leader bonuses, buffs, debuts, defense, armor penetration etc. I'm not saying that it isn't happening, but unless you are fighting the exact same fight, it just might be the level of the enemy or other things that make it look like less damage. It might even be a defense buff as I'm one shot killing far less toons with any of my assist callers lately.

When I started noticing it I did a couple tests. Same cantina battle, same comp, same enemies, less damage. I tried it over a few times and got pretty much the same results. The only difference between when I did the same cantina battle a couple weeks ago is that my HK is a higher gear level and a higher over-all level.
  • I just went through a gw battle and he hit for about 1800 standard damage the first round and exactly 3000 the second time. I'll try on the next node and report back.
  • Silent nerfing is getting very insulting. They think we don't notice. It's like them coming out and saying defense AI does not get any % ability lands. We all know they do yet it's ok because AI Intelligence is dumb. They had a successful Lumi health silent nerf some noticed. They tried a silent Poe nerf but got caught red handed and then they later came out to address.
  • I posted something similar a few days ago. It's real.
  • Geez of all toons I didn't think needed to be touched... "Oh Noes! HK47 is too OP
  • Nooooo :'(
    "Mockery: Oh, Master, I love you, but I hate all you stand for! But I think we should go press our slimy, mucus-covered lips together in the cargo hold!"
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    I just went through a gw battle and he hit for about 1800 standard damage the first round and exactly 3000 the second time. I'll try on the next node and report back.

That's not his normal damage. Maybe they are about to give him a taunt lol
  • J7000 wrote: »
    I just went through a gw battle and he hit for about 1800 standard damage the first round and exactly 3000 the second time. I'll try on the next node and report back.

That's not his normal damage. Maybe they are about to give him a taunt lol

Maybe they're trying to make him similar to the new HK in SW:TOR by making him a bodyguard.
  • Next round one attack, a crit for 3200. He is so freaking slow he only gets one turn in arena or gw.

When I started noticing it I did a couple tests. Same cantina battle, same comp, same enemies, less damage. I tried it over a few times and got pretty much the same results. The only difference between when I did the same cantina battle a couple weeks ago is that my HK is a higher gear level and a higher over-all level.

Well that definitely leans towards something going on. I'll have to see if that affects my 86 like others have said. I've been hoping they would do something about defense and armor so maybe just maybe it's a buff to those stats and not a silent 'bad word' to just a few toons
    "I find your lack of faith disturbing" - Darth Vader
  • klay
    76 posts Member
    Hmm this would explain why it seems my hk47 seems to be hitting even weaker than normal. I noticed recently how he seemingly does no damage.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    I just borrowed him for the training droid challenge this morning and did 4600 on crit constantly (maxed out)
  • Big_Boss wrote: »
    I just borrowed him for the training droid challenge this morning and did 4600 on crit constantly (maxed out)

My HK isn't max gear, level or stars and he used to do more than that.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member

Dang I believe you because they use to abuse me in the arena and now I go toe to toe with them and depending the level i annihilate them. So I dont run droids at all but maybe it was a stealth move either for better or worse. My QGJ is not one shot killing anymore so easily so maybe this is for better. I guess thats all from a point of view.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member

Screenshot. HK has always **** outside of being a droid leader. I haven't noticed any change in his performance.
  • Telaan wrote: »

Screenshot. HK has always **** outside of being a droid leader. I haven't noticed any change in his performance.

What do you want me to screenshot? The damage or his stats or...?
  • J7000
    2059 posts Member
    Telaan wrote: »

Do a screenshot or video of his crit on his basic with offense up
  • J7000 wrote: »
    Telaan wrote: »

Do a screenshot or video of his crit on his basic with offense up

I'm not sure what good it'll do but gimme a minute and I'll try to make it happen.
  • Big_Boss
    2326 posts Member
    If anybody can help you its those 2 bro.
    @Telaan and @J7000 know the drills.
  • Telaan
    3454 posts Member
    aO4mTCP.png

That looks about right. He's always been a pretty bad toon. He is only worthwhile as a droid leader or as an Old Ben Lite vs Jedi.