Luminara Zeta Lead

"+2% Heal and whenever any ally gains a buff they do not have, they gain a Heal Over Time effect for 2 turns"
Does that Heal Over Time buff count to trigger this? So a toon gains Offense Up, triggering that part of her Leadership, giving them a Heal Over Time. Does that HOT trigger the L to give the toon a total of 2 HOT buffs?

Replies

• I don't think so. Still, don't zeta luminaria. Like, never ever do it
  • Yes it would, but listen to GreenGoblin, don't zeta Lumi. Stop looking at Lumi. Never think about Lumi again.
  • Someone in the guild we're fighting has it and I was looking up what it did. I have no intention of dropping any of my 170 zeta mats on her.
  • Killbot5000
    714 posts Member
    edited February 2019
    Zeta luminara is a great defensive lead for TW. Its a for fun zeta. Not a priority, but far from useless. Works best with badstilla, sith trooper, scion, and either visas, gmy, or shaman. The zeta grind has gotten easier. No regrets in the zeta.qaicdjlldzhl.jpg
  • Zeta luminara is a great defensive lead for TW. Its a for fun zeta. Not a priority, but far from useless. Works best with badstilla, sith trooper, scion, and either visas, gmy, or shaman. The zeta grind has gotten easier. No regrets in the zeta.qaicdjlldzhl.jpg

As someone who has zetad her leadership in the past, you are wrong. It may work in that setup, but it is probably one of the 5 worst zetas in the game.
    THE SUPREME JAWA OVERLORD!
  • Zeta luminara is a great defensive lead for TW. Its a for fun zeta. Not a priority, but far from useless. Works best with badstilla, sith trooper, scion, and either visas, gmy, or shaman. The zeta grind has gotten easier. No regrets in the zeta.qaicdjlldzhl.jpg

As someone who has zetad her leadership in the past, you are wrong. It may work in that setup, but it is probably one of the 5 worst zetas in the game.

I get 9+ successful defenses each territory war by setting her in the front line.

I would argue that her zeta is purpose built, but can be used with any team. I regret it way less than my kru zeta, who on paper has a way better zeta, but it only effects a bunch of bunk 1st order toons.
    Her zeta adds massive territory war defense ability if used in the right team.
    Sith trooper will stack 15+ heal over times, and even other heal over times trigger the added heal over time. St and other tanks instantly heal to 100% health each turn.

Matter of opinion, but her zeta with the right team always has one of the highest defensive survivability for territory wars, way better than pheonix, and almost on par with scoundrels.

Interesting team, don’t think I’ve heard anyone else talk about it before. 9+ defensive wins is impressive.

I get 9+ successful defenses each territory war by setting her in the front line.

I would argue that her zeta is purpose built, but can be used with any team. I regret it way less than my kru zeta, who on paper has a way better zeta, but it only effects a bunch of bunk 1st order toons.
    Sith trooper will stack 15+ heal over times, and even other heal over times trigger the added heal over time. St and other tanks instantly heal to 100% health each turn.

Matter of opinion, but her zeta with the right team always has one of the highest defensive survivability for territory wars, way better than pheonix, and almost on par with scoundrels.

Maybe agaisnt low/mid tier guilds, but against decent guilds that won't work at all
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Fahrius wrote: »
    Zeta luminara is a great defensive lead for TW. Its a for fun zeta. Not a priority, but far from useless. Works best with badstilla, sith trooper, scion, and either visas, gmy, or shaman. The zeta grind has gotten easier. No regrets in the zeta.qaicdjlldzhl.jpg

Maybe agaisnt low/mid tier guilds, but against decent guilds that won't work at all

Why the hate?
    My guild is not low tier. I've been playing since a couple months after launch. I like to theory craft and tried lots of lineups. Zeta luminara works well on defense in territory wars and works very well with sith trooper and sion. Very high defensive survivability. Only a good zeta for that one aspect of the game, but works great.
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    I think number of defenses can sometimes be misleading because they can occur when someone underestimstes a team and preloads them with tm, and the next couple of hits also underestimate.

I think your team has a defensive-oriented set up. But I think some of its success is due to people looking at this weirdly matched team with a Lumi lead and sending in fourth rate teams against it. If people stopped to think of a hard counter, it would probably go down more quickly.
  • But then it still works right? Opponent still wasted teams they could have used somewhere else.

(Disclaimer: NOT saying you should or shouldn't Zeta Lumi, totally up to anyone's own judgement)
  • Yup, any time you make your opponent waste resources, that's a win.
  • Because there were disagreements.... DONT ZETA LUMINARA! The point is no matter how much of a benefit it may seem to be or how good it may seem to be on it's own.... the alternative jedi zeta abilities are WAY better.... if you need a jedi zeta leader then go with Revan first, second best is Bastila and if you are desperate beyond that then even QGJ is better with a zeta lead than lumi... heck even the non zeta lead from Old Ben is better....
  • Also no matter what anybody says it is not best to put sion and sith trooper in a lineup with luminara..... like seriously....
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    Veskasa1 wrote: »
    But then it still works right? Opponent still wasted teams they could have used somewhere else.

(Disclaimer: NOT saying you should or shouldn't Zeta Lumi, totally up to anyone's own judgement)

They maybe wasted 10 banners, but if they were using not their best teams because of under estimation, they maybe wouldn't have used those teams elsewhere.

If you have a zeta Luminara laying around and you want to risk this tactic, well, it's your guild. But no one should go out of their way to get that zeta just for this.
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    Also no matter what anybody says it is not best to put sion and sith trooper in a lineup with luminara..... like seriously....

Also this...you're nerfing your own Traya team.
  • crzydroid wrote: »
    Also no matter what anybody says it is not best to put sion and sith trooper in a lineup with luminara..... like seriously....

Also this...you're nerfing your own Traya team.

Agreed, but different is fun. Like beating a corvette with a corolla. It can be done, its a waste of resources, has limited uses, but fun. Luminara is the Corolla
  • zLumi + zATF = bye bye B1.

(No idea how to go after the rest of the team, since we don’t know the kit yet, but lumi and big snips can be quite the duo)
    I think number of defenses can sometimes be misleading because they can occur when someone underestimstes a team and preloads them with tm, and the next couple of hits also underestimate.

I think your team has a defensive-oriented set up. But I think some of its success is due to people looking at this weirdly matched team with a Lumi lead and sending in fourth rate teams against it. If people stopped to think of a hard counter, it would probably go down more quickly.

But this is the whole point of TW. Doing exactly this wins you a match. They waste 3-4 B teams on her. Then 1-2 A teams and you are way ahead in the math.

Not that I'm advocating breaking up those teams to run with her, but strange teams like this are exactly what gets you an advantage in TW. Its best if done with otherwise unused toons though. Can see a Royal Guard or Gam Guard or SF or K2 benefiting.
  • crzydroid
    7282 posts Moderator
    VonZant wrote: »
    crzydroid wrote: »

But this is the whole point of TW. Doing exactly this wins you a match. They waste 3-4 B teams on her. Then 1-2 A teams and you are way ahead in the math.

Not that I'm advocating breaking up those teams to run with her, but strange teams like this are exactly what gets you an advantage in TW. Its best if done with otherwise unused toons though. Can see a Royal Guard or Gam Guard or SF or K2 benefiting.

Maybe on a large scale. It's not worth putting a zeta on Lumi to try.

If everyone started doing it, people would know to think about the hard counter--no wasted teams advantage, and s ton of wasted zetas.

Maybe on a large scale. It's not worth putting a zeta on Lumi to try.

If everyone started doing it, people would know to think about the hard counter--no wasted teams advantage, and s ton of wasted zetas.

Zetas are not to hard to come by. I don't regret it.
  • TheJEFFtm wrote: »
    zLumi + zATF = bye bye B1.

(No idea how to go after the rest of the team, since we don’t know the kit yet, but lumi and big snips can be quite the duo)

zATF only deals damage additional times for each different buff she has. 10000 HOTs is just one additional hit.
  • It's a bad zeta and you should never invest into bad zetas (I still regret my Zidious and Zavage, even though I have to say that Zavage used to be useful) unless you really don't care at all and just want to have some "fun".
    Zetas are not to hard to come by.

That's not true. Even as a long time player sitting at over 4mio GP and 45 spent zetas (holding back mats for another 4 to spend), I'm in a permanent bottleneck of zetas despite buying them in fleet store pretty much every day. There are still like 20 characters that I'd like to put a zeta on (Luminara not being one of them) and things are looking way worse for newer players (who can't buy them from fleet store, don't get them from Wicket/Talzin events and get less from lower TW reward brackets or don't even get'em at all when <60m GP) who must be very careful on which character they want to spend them on.
    Legend#6873 | YouTube | swgoh.gg

Why the hate?
    My guild is not low tier. I've been playing since a couple months after launch. I like to theory craft and tried lots of lineups. Zeta luminara works well on defense in territory wars and works very well with sith trooper and sion. Very high defensive survivability. Only a good zeta for that one aspect of the game, but works great.

its not hate at all pal
    https://swgoh.gg/p/464571671/ this is you right? 93m guild is a low tier guild (around 150 is mid, over 180 is decent) your guild doesnt even have a single traya, just 1 revan and g10... as i've i said, it may work in that level, but when playing in higher brackets that lumi team will get crushed
    https://swgoh.gg/u/fahrius/ - Discord - Fahrius#1194
  • Zeta luminara is a great defensive lead for TW. Its a for fun zeta. Not a priority, but far from useless. Works best with badstilla, sith trooper, scion, and either visas, gmy, or shaman. The zeta grind has gotten easier. No regrets in the zeta.

No one with any high-level Jedi team would pull GMY (the best Jedi attacker in the game) off that and put them on the team you're talking about. Same goes for Sion, the best Sith tank in the game. Obviously you don't have a full high level Jedi or Sith team and from looking at your swgoh.gg page, you don't...on both counts. So, the reality is that once you've built up better Jedi and Sith teams, you'll never use this team composition again. That's why people would be wise not to invest in it because it doesn't really have long-term, end-game use.
    Veskasa1 wrote: »
    But then it still works right? Opponent still wasted teams they could have used somewhere else.

It's getting TW defenses because the TW doesn't involve higher level guilds and because people are just throwing junk at it and saving their better teams. Nobody is burning up "A" or even "B" teams on that team...they are just throwing "C" teams at that. Guilds have a ton of junk teams to spare in a TW, especially at the higher levels. So you're not really accomplishing anything unless you are forcing someone to burn a good team, which you're not because a good team would spank that Lumi team.
    My guild is not low tier. I've been playing since a couple months after launch.
    Fahrius wrote: »
    its not hate at all pal
    https://swgoh.gg/p/464571671/ this is you right? 93m guild is a low tier guild (around 150 is mid, over 180 is decent) your guild doesnt even have a single traya, just 1 revan and g10... as i've i said, it may work in that level, but when playing in higher brackets that lumi team will get crushed

Yeah, 2.7 mil GP and a guild with 93 mil GP is not even near the high levels of the game. A lot of people have over 4 million GP these days. I've seen players that have every character at G12. That kind of team would definitely not work as well in TWs for even the mid-level of guilds, let alone the higher levels.
  • Monel
    2784 posts Member
    Dooooooooo it!

Naw, just kidding, dont do it!

Why the hate?

its not hate at all pal

For someone who has been playing since launch that roster seems rather lacking.

Why the hate?

its not hate at all pal

For someone who has been playing since launch that roster seems rather lacking.

Wow, again, hate central.
    Never once did I reccomend the zeta. I said no regrets on my end.
    Yes, I have played since launch, but i am mostly free to play, and a collector.
    Ive spend a grand total of $50 on this game since it came out.

You guys are completely ridiculous by getting this upset. You can get 2 full zeta mats a month, and not every zeta is meant to be op. ITS A GAME! the purpose is to have fun, and do what you like.
    Is my roster lacking? Of course. But I have some of the best scoundrels you've ever seen, and one dangerous tusken shaman.

Have fun with the game. The luminara zeta works great for me right now and its funny, because in my case it works.

Honestly, 22 zetas in and the only 1 i kind of regret is KRU, because I'm nkt a huge 1st order fan.

But in all seriousness I play the game because its fun. Outside of SWGOH, nobody in my life, including me cares about my standing in SWGOH.